Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
For the record, I LOVE moon pies....

WE the American people SUPPORT the ROK, which Mr Moon comes from. We have FREE religion, which I personally support. IF ANYONE, foreign or domestic, has children of a weak enough will to NOT follow right from wrong, maybe I would suggest Parenting 101....

Now, away from Mr Moonie, and opn to his sons companies firearms...There is an older gentleman at my range, who inquired on this weapon, I saw him fire a 50 cent piece size group at around 15 yards. He is a good shot, but that lil gun is a good gun. I was impressed at the accuracy at a distance from such a small package.

Lastly, mt personal attack of the day. Sorry Josey, but even McUzi, my LEAST fav (well, until THIS thread) doesnt stoop to tampon and used rubber comments. That was the MOST tasteless comment I think I have ever seen here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

WE the American people SUPPORT the ROK, which Mr Moon comes from. We have FREE religion, which I personally support. IF ANYONE, foreign or domestic, has children of a weak enough will to NOT follow right from wrong, maybe I would suggest Parenting 101....

Now, away from Mr Moonie, and opn to his sons companies firearms...There is an older gentleman at my range, who inquired on this weapon, I saw him fire a 50 cent piece size group at around 15 yards. He is a good shot, but that lil gun is a good gun. I was impressed at the accuracy at a distance from such a small package.

Lastly, mt personal attack of the day. Sorry Josey, but even McUzi, my LEAST fav (well, until THIS thread) doesnt stoop to tampon and used rubber comments. That was the MOST tasteless comment I think I have ever seen here.
View Quote

Josey's posts do make you wonder what his/her fixation is with the female menstrual cycle and feminine hygiene products, don't they?
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Joesy,
In closing, I have re-read these posts and would like to take the time to point out the following inconsistencies.
#1-You state that you never insulted me until I begin the insults.  Look at your first post in this thread, where you refer to people who have spent their money on Kahr's as "fools".  Is that not an insult?
#2-Gay innuendo.  Look at my posts, I have no knowledge of, or make reference to your gender.  Hell, you could be a boy, a girl or cross between the two for all I know.  How is that gay innuendo?  Are you a homophobe, or just a closet homo?
#3-Facts. I am still trying to find a fact in your posts.  A fact is supported by documentation, not emotional bullshit.  It is an actuality, not name calling and insult slinging.
#4-Your range.  Exactly where is that and what is your function there?  Maybe I could visit and we could shoot my Kahr K9 together and you could see it is not a POS.  Hey, I'll supply the ammo.
#5-Wrap your pinkie under the grip.  Have you actully held a Kahr?  In the K and P series guns in 9mm or 40 S&W, there is plenty of grip strap.  Only on the Micro series guns does my little finger wrap underneath.
#6-Beachboy/Pirateman.  My screen name and my email address tag.  They are meant in jest, but have personal meaning to me and my life experience.  You see Joesy, I don't take myself too seriously, so it goes without saying what I think of you and your childishness.
[X] [X]
View Quote

Josey-
No "factual" rebuttal?????
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

CavVet -
If you love moon pies you need to come down to the gulf coast at Mardi Gras time...they literally rain from the skies during parades!
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
You are all just pissed because the facts about the Kahr company have made you doubt your patriotism and with good reason.Go ahead and keep supporting a borderline child abductor but when it is your daughter he picks up be proud that you supported her slave master.You people are such small insignificant rats to not admit that you have wronged your beliefs.I'm done trying to help you morons see the light,I truly hope your daughter do not get "Initiated",for your sake.Maybe if your POS Kahr malfunctions Rev. moon will take some time away from your daughters "Special Place" to fix it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joesy,
In closing, I have re-read these posts and would like to take the time to point out the following inconsistencies.
#1-You state that you never insulted me until I begin the insults.  Look at your first post in this thread, where you refer to people who have spent their money on Kahr's as "fools".  Is that not an insult?
#2-Gay innuendo.  Look at my posts, I have no knowledge of, or make reference to your gender.  Hell, you could be a boy, a girl or cross between the two for all I know.  How is that gay innuendo?  Are you a homophobe, or just a closet homo?
#3-Facts. I am still trying to find a fact in your posts.  A fact is supported by documentation, not emotional bullshit.  It is an actuality, not name calling and insult slinging.
#4-Your range.  Exactly where is that and what is your function there?  Maybe I could visit and we could shoot my Kahr K9 together and you could see it is not a POS.  Hey, I'll supply the ammo.
#5-Wrap your pinkie under the grip.  Have you actully held a Kahr?  In the K and P series guns in 9mm or 40 S&W, there is plenty of grip strap.  Only on the Micro series guns does my little finger wrap underneath.
#6-Beachboy/Pirateman.  My screen name and my email address tag.  They are meant in jest, but have personal meaning to me and my life experience.  You see Joesy, I don't take myself too seriously, so it goes without saying what I think of you and your childishness.
[X] [X]
View Quote

Josey-
[X] [X]
View Quote

Come on Josey, were are your FACTS to rebut this post.  Not your rants about Rev. Moon and your fixation with little girls.  Where are your FACTS that Rev. Moon is even involved with Kahr Arms??  Come on, Josey, we could all use a good laugh!!
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
With great trepidation, I’m going to add my 2 cents to this.

In about 1992 or thereabouts I test fired four or five of the very first Kahr K-9’s. (Actually, I test fired a prototype before they were even on the market, but the triggerspring broke almost immediately.  This spring was redone for the production model.)

My experience with these first K-9’s was not good.  About every 100 rounds I would get a “nose-dive” malfunction, which I’ve never gotten with any other pistol.  Specifically, as the slide closed and started to feed a round from the magazine into the chamber, the tip of the bullet would “nose-dive” downwards, hit the feed ramp at an almost perpendicular angle, and stop the slide’s forward movement.  These malfunctions were very difficult to clear, due in part to the K-9’s strong springs.

I always suspected the problem was the pistol’s screwy magazine – the top round pointed more or less forward while the remaining rounds in the magazine pointed downwards.  It seemed likely the next lower round was not properly supporting the front part of the top round, like it is in other magazines.  I swapped out magazines but that didn’t help.

I never resolved this problem.  However, based on the later glowing reports I’ve seen from others regarding the K-9, I suspect Kahr identified the problem and quietly corrected it.  Possibly the problem was with the magazine.

Thus it is quite possible that while almost everybody has good luck with their K-9, every once and a while someone runs into an older K-9 (or maybe magazine) and has a problem.

And now I’m outta here!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With great trepidation, I’m going to add my 2 cents to this.

In about 1992 or thereabouts I test fired four or five of the very first Kahr K-9’s. (Actually, I test fired a prototype before they were even on the market, but the triggerspring broke almost immediately.  This spring was redone for the production model.)

My experience with these first K-9’s was not good.  About every 100 rounds I would get a “nose-dive” malfunction, which I’ve never gotten with any other pistol.  Specifically, as the slide closed and started to feed a round from the magazine into the chamber, the tip of the bullet would “nose-dive” downwards, hit the feed ramp at an almost perpendicular angle, and stop the slide’s forward movement.  These malfunctions were very difficult to clear, due in part to the K-9’s strong springs.

I always suspected the problem was the pistol’s screwy magazine – the top round pointed more or less forward while the remaining rounds in the magazine pointed downwards.  It seemed likely the next lower round was not properly supporting the front part of the top round, like it is in other magazines.  I swapped out magazines but that didn’t help.

I never resolved this problem.  However, based on the later glowing reports I’ve seen from others regarding the K-9, I suspect Kahr identified the problem and quietly corrected it.  Possibly the problem was with the magazine.

Thus it is quite possible that while almost everybody has good luck with their K-9, every once and a while someone runs into an older K-9 (or maybe magazine) and has a problem.

And now I’m outta here!!
View Quote

As I posted earlier, I had an early production K9 that did have some problems and Kahr eventually REPLACED my gun! The replacement is absolutely reliable. In fact, the gun will feed an empty case if one is loaded midway in a magazine! That's feed reliability (and the advantage a straight line feed gun of superior design)! Kahr makes first rate pistols.
Link Posted: 6/23/2001 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry ipschoser1, I didn't see your earlier post.  When things go on a bit, sometimes the worthwhile info gets buried.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
In my experience, Kahr seems to run in a cycle.  A new model is introduced which has problems.  Kahr fixes the problem, and that model then is remarkably accurate and reliable.
Virtually every Kahr model I've seen or heard of had some early production glitch.
As soon as it gets fixed, people buying later production rave about their Kahrs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joesy,
[X] [X]
View Quote

Josey-
[X] [X]
View Quote

Come on Josey, were are your FACTS to rebut this post.  Not your rants about Rev. Moon and your fixation with little girls.  Where are your FACTS that Rev. Moon is even involved with Kahr Arms??  Come on, Josey, we could all use a good laugh!!
[X] [X]
View Quote

Still waiting on those FACTS Josey
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess Josey gave up. [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[IMG]monkeyboots.com/alabamaflag.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 2:34:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I guess Josey gave up. [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[IMG]monkeyboots.com/alabamaflag.gif[/IMG]
View Quote

Losers usually do
[X] [X]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top