Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2001 5:24:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will be inevetible for a war to happen. That place is the key to biblical proficy. I think if you watch the middle east you will see things happen that is foretold in the bible. Will there be a war there? You bet! I will tell you this. Isreal will win. God will help them. All of the scud missles missed Israel. Yes they hit buildings but the people were protected. The scuds were very ineffective. Keep an eye out an see the power of God!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
When it happens, I hope we dont get involved (which we will). I dont want to go to the fricken desert and exchange rounds with a bunch of camel jockies because they cant handle being neighbors.

Seems like this will go down about the same time as US vs. China. Anyone smell World War III???
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think it will be inevetible for a war to happen. That place is the key to biblical proficy. I think if you watch the middle east you will see things happen that is foretold in the bible. Will there be a war there? You bet! I will tell you this. Isreal will win. God will help them. All of the scud missles missed Israel. Yes they hit buildings but the people were protected. The scuds were very ineffective. Keep an eye out an see the power of God!!
View Quote

While I truly believe some of what you wrote as devine truth, I hope that the topic of religion does not become a common feature on this page. Not that I do not like to debate religion, as I enjoy it greatly.
It is a topic left to other sites.

Shalom,

Allen

JPFO/NRA/ISRA
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When it happens, I hope we dont get involved (which we will). I dont want to go to the fricken desert and exchange rounds with a bunch of camel jockies because they cant handle being neighbors.

Seems like this will go down about the same time as US vs. China. Anyone smell World War III???
View Quote

I doubt that you will. Try to recall how many wars Israel fought in the last century that Americans were called to assist in. Some did, but they are called Machal.

Allen
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
the pal's are the red headed step children of the arab world,so there won't be this huge shooting match going on.
it will keep on the steady course it has been for the last 2 decades,israelies kill a few pali's kill a few.
real pansy ass roller coaster ride,it will die down in a couple of months with a shaky cease fire in the works.
israel is the sleeping giant of the middle east
got nukes and not afraid to use them rad fallout won't blow their way
israel nukes iran/iraq fallout takes out china
not a bad deal huh.
boxer
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
These people have been at war for thousands of years, it has just been a cold war for the last few. Eventually they are all going to have it out again, big time. Except this time they will be using missles and guns instead of stones and swords. Instead of a Goliath there will be nukes. We will help Israel, but probably from a logistical standpoint. You have to admit, they can pretty well take care of themselves. It has basically been them against the world for a long time and they have learned well to shield themselves from attacks and to fight back. I think that if a bunch of the rag heads over there don't want to die then they should probably just leave Isreal alone, but we all know that wont happen.

You can bet though when a full blown war does finally break out over there within the next few years it will fuel other wars all over the world and we will be in the middle of another world war. With us giving the Israelis support, that will give all of the other countries that don't like us or them just enough reason to gang up together to try to take us both out.

First it will start off that no Americans will be safe abroad because of terrorist and kidnappings. Then the attacks at home will begin and we will realise that we should have guarded our borders more closely for some time now. With all of the other nationalities calling the US home, but still having close ties to the motherland we will be in a sh*tload of trouble. If yall thought the OKC bombing was bad, just wait. I fear the worst is yet to come.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
"eight
   months of violence that has left 484 Palestinians and 108
   Israelis dead"

The killing rato is low for eight months, about 74/month.  Car accidents, over there, kill more per month.  

If a war develops, the new media started it to get a good story.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree that this thing is going to break wide open at some point. If they want to have at it, I say we either take back all of our weapons , F16's included from Israel, or we arm them both and step back and see who wins. I am tired of seeing US tax payer money being sent to that part of the planet and nothing ever comes back our way.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
boxer-
since my Mother lost her 2nd Husband a little over a year ago, I'm not a Red-Headed Stepchild anymore!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It is a huge mess over there. I cannot begin to understand it fully. I doubt American troops would ever be sent to a region as hot as this one. To do so would be political suicide. We would,however,support Israel with intellegence and hardware.

"I don't trust you.So why trust me?"

The Clash
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#12]
It is a huge mess over there. I cannot begin to understand it fully. I doubt American troops would ever be sent to a region as hot as this one. To do so would be political suicide. We would,however,support Israel with intelligence and hardware.

"I don't trust you.So why trust me?"

The Clash
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Did everyone from USA thinkon one thing?

Israel was chosen as a partner of USA during the 1967 war. Before USA had so many interests and profit for the arabs the it's policy was pro-arabs. Yes Israel is asking somthing like the 30% of the US funds for military aids for foreign countries, but Israelis NEVER asked everyone to fight their wars, thing that somebody else (we european included) always asked when the moment of showing muscles comes.

You and me, my dear guys, should put one thing in mind: Israel is hated because for Islamic countries it represent all they hate: the western world with their standards of democracy, of rights, of freedom, of development. Look around the "ones that have oil". You will find realities that are far million light-years form the way we, the western people, think our life, especially if this way of living is looking the "American way of life". For Iran, USA are still now the "Big Satan", for Afghanista, Pakistan, Siria, Irak, most of the former USSR republic of Islamic worship the changement is little. The Albanians and the Kosovars Muslim NATO and USA are obstacles for the Great Albania. Why do you think that US GOvt. closed yesterday its embassy in Sana'a?

I don't want to invite hate against arabs. They created a wonderful culture (go to see what they did in Europe, for example in Granada, Spain), but radicalization due to the interference between religion and politics (tell me where are other coutries with a teocracy?) are  REAL DANGER, and we need to support allies, especially those ones that are asking nothing more than to fight for their survival. All in all, is Israel is existing the Arab world has only to blame itself...

Shalom lekullam
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I agree that this thing is going to break wide open at some point. If they want to have at it, I say we either take back all of our weapons , F16's included from Israel, or we arm them both and step back and see who wins. I am tired of seeing US tax payer money being sent to that part of the planet and nothing ever comes back our way.
View Quote

With this type of reasoning we would arm the whole world.

Allen
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure another war will happen, just as it always does in Africa, Europe, and Asia.  You get several competing groups in one area, and you get friction.  Some facts to consider:

The US will defend Israel.  Politically, economically, and probably militarily.  I say this because when we sent Patriot missles AND their crews, we were sending US troops to defend Israel from attack.  Sure it was to keep them out of the war, and so the US could be blamed for any missles getting through, and yada, yada, yada.  In the end though, it was US troops on Israeli soil, protecting it from Arab attack.  That was not lost by our Arab allies in the Gulf war.  Immeadiately after that all those peace talks broke out.  Heck even Syria has actually talked to Israel about peace ( though that will be a long time coming between them).  Everyone finally realized that Israel was there to stay, and the US was going to make sure of that.  

The Saudis have been our allies for decades.  the sell us oil, we protect them from their neighbors.  Yeah, it's a mercenary type thing, but in the end most things are.  If you read the article, you could tell the Saudis are trying to get the Europeans involved in pressuring Israel.  This is a wise move, since Europe has almost as large an economic stake in the middle east as the US.  If anything, they are more susceptable to oil prices than we are.  

I'm sure there will be alot of killing, etc that goes on before it's resolved, but I can't remember a time when there wasn't any going on there.  

Ross
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Frankly I've had a 'gutfull' of the whole situation, and I really see no point of Western involvement. Its a middle east problem. Let them do the dying, as we 'Westerners' are not the pawns of Palestine and Israel. Seeing things from outside the US view, one side is as bad as the other, and both should be ashamed of their conduct. However it is none of my business, just giving my opinion. I have served in two Armies with over 25yrs combined service. I know about loss and sacrifice, hard work and pain (as do many of you who read this) and I really could not give a shit if the sun rose twice one moring overthere (get my drift). They have been warring there for centuries in that neck of the woods, and nothing will ever change their HATE for each other. Let em go at it tooth and nail for all I care. I am totally disgusted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top