Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2001 9:59:42 AM EDT
Where have we all heard statements like this?

"This kind of thing should never happen," said Education Minister Atsuko Toyama. "Schools should be places where children can feel safe and secure."
View Quote

And change the word "stabbing" to "shooting" and "stabbed" to "shot" in the follwing two paragraphs.

The mass stabbing is the latest in a recent surge of crimes in Japan.

A 7-year-old boy playing in a schoolyard in western Japan was fatally stabbed by a teen-age assailant in December 1999. In August last year, a teen-ager was arrested for stabbing to death three members of a neighbor's family.
View Quote

This really points out the hypocricy of the gun control morons who blame the gun instead of the person.  People will find a way, no matter what.  Japan has also had a rash of assaults with baseball bats.

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet Jesus! Something needs to be done. I hear almost every kitchen in Japan has knives in it. The country is awash in this murderous weaponry.

How about that "surge" in crimes though... 3 incidents in 3 years.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Duffypoo,they probably will and then it will spread here.

Bigdb1, they have had poison gas attacks and baseball bat attacks as well.  The stabbings are just part of it, but no guns.  Hmmmm.  Could it be that guns, knives, bats, etc are not the problem.

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Makes sense to me. [}:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
What about pencils and pens at school.  Those are sharp pointed objects!  Hell, they'll have to ban them as well!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The above quoted statements, are of course correct.  Schools should be a safe place.  

Most things can be used to take life.  Firearms, (for the most part) are designed for that purpose and will therefore do the job better, easier and faster.  This logic will be used by the anti's and the hypocracy in their way of thinking and blame placing will not be swayed.

The blame shouldn't be placed on the drugs, or the guns, or the knives, or the SCUD's.  The blame lies in those that use them unethically.  The blame also lies is those that show them that using them in this way is acceptable.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I noticed that on the nightly news, the reporting of this story is not the lead story.  Appearently since it was probably only a knife, it was not as important had it been with a gun.  How many children was killed in this incident? 8  How many children was killed in the Stockton Massacre that lead the ban on assualt weapons in Calif?  I am not glad that all of those children got killed, jbut ust that I and the quite a few peopel on this board was trying point to the anti-gunners that is the person that is responsible, and not the inanimate object.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top