[#1]

Quoted:
tagged

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
October Surprise wetdream

Syria comes out in the next two days and says, yes we have the explosive and yes we have the WMD.  Please come and get them.

This comes after Bush personally calls Assad and tells him about his soon to be appointment with 72 virgins.

Wetdream over

I wonder how ole Kerry is going to spin this

You, sir, are the type of Karl Rove, Karl Rove is accused of being by the left.  Diabolical.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe they have posted the story at the Washinton Times.  Drudge has a link but for some reason the WT site is loading very slowly

Im thinking it's being overloaded with panicking Kerry officials.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Like sands though an hour glass.....

This shit is getting amazing.  I cant believe all of this... HOW IS IT that all of this can come out.. and there are still nearly 50% of the public who has ANY faith in John Kerry and his liberal army.  Just plain outright up and down f'in amazing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!/quote]

If you remember during the first hours of the war we bombed a convoy heading into Syria.  There were Russian soldiers killed in the attack.  

Semper Fi
Shooter

+1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[I'm hate Kerry as much as the next guy, but this sounds like complete Bullshit to me. They better have some pretty strong proof of this claim!/quote]

If you remember during the first hours of the war we bombed a convoy heading into Syria.  There were Russian soldiers killed in the attack.  

Semper Fi
Shooter

+1

WHY ISNT THIS STUFF ALL OVER EVERY DAMN FRONT PAGE ACROSS THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  its so damn obvious.. yet people are so blind.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]

WHY ISNT THIS STUFF ALL OVER EVERY DAMN FRONT PAGE ACROSS THE NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its so damn obvious.. yet people are so blind.

Don't worry tomorrow this will be everywhere.  This is way to big of a story to not be reported by the MSM
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So are the tards on DU in meltdown mode yet?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So are the tards on DU in meltdown mode yet?

I've read on free republic that some are blaming this whole story as a karl rove plant.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone provide links to this story about the russian soldiers?  I would like to see this with my own eyes...

And the page on Drudge is down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Can anyone provide links to this story about the russian soldiers? I would like to see this with my own eyes...

Drudge has a link on his website, unfortunately you can not access the site as of now due to massive amounts of people going there.  I think their server melted down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
The only story about russians being shot in Iraq was that report about the russian diplomatic convoy heading for Syria, getting shot to hell by some 'people'. US denied that it was us.

At least, that's the only story I remember....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't wait to see the demos spin this one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]

I can't wait to see the demos spin this one

DU is now saying this is a victory for them as it shows the administration is "flailing" and the admin is crumbling right before there very eyes.

From DU

They're flailing man.

It's like watching an administration crumble right before your eyes.

These folks are living in some other alternate dimension.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
ABC has it on their website, and if I'm reading it right, it's WORSE for Kerry than we thought!

www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=204304&page=1
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
ABC has it on their website, and if I'm reading it right, it's WORSE for Kerry than we thought!

www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=204
304&page=1

Jus.......keeps gettin' better
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#20]

3 Tons!!!! That's all that they counted???? That is amazing

You know it's going to be really hard for Kerry to cross the finish line when the wheels are falling off his wagon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#21]
As far as Kerry is concerned, it doesn't mean shit who moved them...the fact remains that the explosives were not there on April 10, 2003, thus making Kerry's charges utterly baseless...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Let me play Devil's Advocate here, because I want this to be an Iron Clad Bear trap for The Jackass:

"The Russians brought in, just before the war got started, a whole series of military units," Mr. Shaw said. "Their main job was to shred all evidence of any of the contractual arrangements they had with the Iraqis. The others were transportation units."

According to the Pentagon, U.N. arms inspectors sealed the explosives at Al-Qaqaa in January 2003 and revisited the site in March and noted that the seals were not broken.

If the UN Weapons Inspectors found, inventoried and documented these weapons, then wasn't the evidence (if these explosives came from Russia) already there? What would be the point of hiding something that was discovered, inspected and documented?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#25]
You know, I think I am going to blog this.  First thing I have wanted to blog in a while too.

EAT SHIT AND LOSE THE ELECTION, KERRY BASTARD!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
October Surprise wetdream

Syria comes out in the next two days and says, yes we have the explosive and yes we have the WMD.  Please come and get them.

This comes after Bush personally calls Assad and tells him about his soon to be appointment with 72 virgins.

Wetdream over

I wonder how ole Kerry is going to spin this

You know that right now they are re-upholstering the Presidential Throne in Damascus, because when Assad read this article, his sphincter slammed shut, taking half of the fabric with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Let me play Devil's Advocate here, because I want this to be an Iron Clad Bear trap for The Jackass:

"The Russians brought in, just before the war got started, a whole series of military units," Mr. Shaw said. "Their main job was to shred all evidence of any of the contractual arrangements they had with the Iraqis. The others were transportation units."

According to the Pentagon, U.N. arms inspectors sealed the explosives at Al-Qaqaa in January 2003 and revisited the site in March and noted that the seals were not broken.

If the UN Weapons Inspectors found, inventoried and documented these weapons, then wasn't the evidence (if these explosives came from Russia) already there? What would be the point of hiding something that was discovered, inspected and documented?

1. It's very handy for blowing shit up, but if you're an Saddamite or Islamist terrorist, the Americans won't let you check it out of the armory. Therefore, if you want any, you have to take it and hide it before the Americans get there.

2. Here's the Washington Times article on an accessible site. www.securethinking.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=51&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Nock it off...

This non-story will be spun as another failure of the Bush administration.  CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC will be all over this thing, and the talking points for the press are in the faxes now.

You guys keep looking for an October surprise.  None of this stuff makes any difference.  There's no magic bullet and you've been driniking again if you believe otherwise.

Kerry will move on to the next lie and the press will just follow.  Folks like us will be screaming and yelling, but no one is listening.

I'm not saying that W is going to lose.  It's just that the scum-suckers in the Kerry camp ain't dead yet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
What did the five fingers say to the face?????

SMACK!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#32]

They are like cockroaches.  They never die.  But it is kinda fun to poke at them with a stick.

I like to burn them with a Mapp Gas torch!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
With three HUNDRED tons of stuff to move, they could have rounded up a few pickup trucks and taken it anywhere.  It's probably in Achmed's basement someplace under the carpet.

Fixed it for you.

I just hope this story has legs to stand on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
[Putin] We seized the opportunity to protect American troops from these dangerous weapons. It was our small contribution to an effort that international politics and domestic finances prevented us from joining on the front lines. [/Putin]

...and then he looks at Bush, winks, and whispers "You owe me one..."
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
yeah, this would (could) be bad for kerry and all, but what about the fucking russians? won't they have some explaining to do? i would think yes.

Poooooty! Don't choo tink joo got some 'splainin' to do??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Washington Times

The Washington Times link is back up, but blank.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. It's very handy for blowing shit up, but if you're an Saddamite or Islamist terrorist, the Americans won't let you check it out of the armory. Therefore, if you want any, you have to take it and hide it before the Americans get there.

I understand why the Iraqis would want to hide the explosives. But why would the Russians help the Iraqis move the explosives to Syria? This article in the Washington Times is saying that the Ruskies were hiding the Iraqi weapons, to cover their tracks. But the Russian's tracks would have already been uncovered and documented with the UN inspected these weapons in January right?

However, I also remember that the Ruskies sold Sadaam some jamming equiptment that was supposed to make our smart bombs useless, and I do remember that a Russian dimplomatic convoy was stopped in route from Bagdad to Syria and they wsere smuggling something out.

I'm playing devils advocate here, because I want this thing sewn up. Kerry cannot be allowed to win and if he can be made to look foolish in these last days, then that is what voters will take to the polls on Tuesday!

ETA - If this can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then Kerry will certaintly try and use it to say that "The Bush Administration is now trying to blame it's incompetence and failures on the nations who knew better than to go along with this diversion in Iraq"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#39]
This quote form the article is interesting

Defense officials said the Russians can provide information on what happened to the Iraqi weapons and explosives that were transported out of the country. Officials believe the Russians also can explain what happened to Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs.

The question is will they???

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Lets look at this whole damn story like it should have been seen inthe first place.

Lets assume, hypothetically, that all of the explosives in Iraq at the time are represented by a ... Box of Cheerios.

Take one Cheerio out of the box.. and place it on the table.  THAT ONE CHEERIO represents 380 tons of explosives.

This story is such a non story that it is huge....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The USA's got some awesome spy satalites orbit above, how come they didn't see'em doing this BS? The reason, they can predict when the sats are going to be overhead. There is only so much those spy sats can do. We need to go back to the U2 and SR71 recon planes.

We DID see them do this.  It is just now coming out in the public forum.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Lets look at this whole damn story like it should have been seen inthe first place.

Lets assume, hypothetically, that all of the explosives in Iraq at the time are represented by a ... Box of Cheerios.

Take one Cheerio out of the box.. and place it on the table.  THAT ONE CHEERIO represents 380 tons of explosives.

Looks more like the tip of the iceberg to me,

The Russian involvement in helping disperse Saddam's weapons, including some 380 tons of RDX and HMX is still being investigated, Mr. Shaw said.

The RDX and HMX, which are used to manufacture high-explosive and nuclear weapons, are probably of Russian origin, he said.

Russian involvement in a weapons program.
Russian last ditch effort to cover their tracks.
This may only be the first cache we know about the russkies moving. There may be more to follow.

Unfortunately, I think it's too little too late to help sink Kerry. I guess I'm just not as optimistic as some of you guys. Any stats on how many undecided voters remain? Are there enough to be turned our way? Will this turn them?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

And we are all supposed to believe that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, remember?

If 380 tons represents 1/100th their stash, then 38,000 tons is their stash.  38,000 tons or 38 Kilotons of RDX is far more powerful than both WWII fisson bombs together.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The USA's got some awesome spy satalites orbit above, how come they didn't see'em doing this BS? The reason, they can predict when the sats are going to be overhead. There is only so much those spy sats can do. We need to go back to the U2 and SR71 recon planes.

We DID see them do this.  It is just now coming out in the public forum.

YOU LIE!  GEORGE W. BUSH CONTROLS THE ORBIT OF EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE.  JOHN KERRY HAS A PLAN TO CONTROL THAT ORBIT MORE BETTER THAN GWB!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And we are all supposed to believe that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction, remember?

If 380 tons represents 1/100th their stash, then 38,000 tons is their stash.  38,000 tons or 38 Kilotons of RDX is far more powerful than both WWII fisson bombs together.

1- To date, 10,033 caches have been cleared with a total of 405,944 tons of munitions delivered to the CEA points, an average of about 40 tons of munitions per cleared cache.

2- Of that total, 243,045 tons of munitions have been destroyed, and 162,899 tons remain at the CEA points for future destruction.

3- 16 caches remain outstanding, containing an esti-mated total of 6,068 tons, an average of 380 tons per cache.

4- Kerry is blaming Bush for the disappearance of ONE CACHE out of almost 11,000 that have had to be secured.

5- Recent data indicate that the grand total will continue to grow. Over the six-week period from the end of July to mid-September, CEA discovered an additional 291 caches with a total of 105,028 tons of munitions—cache discoveries continued to the time of writing. CEA estimates a total of 600,000 tons of munitions is the total tonnage, including munitions destroyed during OIF and scattered about the countryside. ISG believes this number is fairly uncertain, and could go considerably higher in the future as new caches are discovered. We regard 600,000 as a lower limit on total munitions.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#47]
OK.. im turning out to be a post whore on this thread but dammit this stuff pisses me off.

Newly out on ABCNEWS:
Oct. 27, 2004 — Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show.

The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control.

But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported.

The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing — presumably stolen due to a lack of security — was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
double tap

no, worse, "mozambiqued"
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
OK.. im turning out to be a post whore on this thread but dammit this stuff pisses me off.

Newly out on ABCNEWS:
Oct. 27, 2004 — Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show.

The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control.

But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported.

The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing — presumably stolen due to a lack of security — was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility.

Later on there says there could have been as little as 3 tons............. but there was another type of explosive there, 186 tons IIRC.

It also says the seals from the UN were intact, but that there were possibly other ways into the bunkers, through vents, that weren't sealed..............
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
It also says the seals from the UN were intact, but that there were possibly other ways into the bunkers, through vents, that weren't sealed..............

It was IKEA, not the UN that sealed it, IIRC.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top