BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
like i said, i have suspected for a long time, but i just didn't come out and ask until tonight (i was afraid of what the answer would be). honestly, i didn't want to know. however she is pretty smart, and i am good at convincing her of things. the biggest problem is her family (she's from austin, the liberal stronghold of texas).

If you think she is the right woman for you marry her and slowly show her the light...its the only way and it IS possible. It just takes time. Be very subtle, this could take years and politics are NOT worth destroying an otherwise good relationship over. You are in it for the long haul if you go this route.

Go on to have lots of children and raise them to see through all the liberal BS that is destroying this country. Raise them with values. Raise them to respect others. Teach the boys to be gentlemen and the girls to be ladies. Teach them about personal responsibility. If all goes well you will have changed her way of thinking. If it goes bad and she doesnt come around atleast your children will turn out alright. - Nugz

right....marry one and change her. wouldn't you agree that's one of the most popular reasons women leave men, "I thought he would change".
If this guy can't sleep with the enemy get rid of her.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]
She supports the party that would came to your house and take your guns.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i just found out that my long time girlfriend (marriage is very possible down the road) is a democrat. i had been suspecting it for a while, but she doesn't like debating politics and i wasn't for sure until tonight. at least her reason wasn't totally horrible: her family has always been democrat and has been better off financially under democratic presidents.

Having different political views is only a problem is one person tries to force their views on the other.  If your that insecure that your gf/wife having a different opinion than you causes a problem, you probably don't need to be married to her.

Now if she were anti-gun and told you to get rid of your guns, different story.
SHE SUPPORTS THE PARTY WHO WANTS TO TAKE THE GUNS....JEEZE, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? WAKE UP FELLA'S.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Long time" GF and just NOW you become aware of her political orientation?

Sorry, that may not be first date kind of material but it's something you should know long before the idea of marrage (or even agreeing to a comitted relationship) comes into play.

I wonder what other little *surprises* are lurking?

Amen.

To quote the movie: Ditch the bitch. You'll be grateful later.

...and if you think I'm being heartless, just think of the battles which will rage when you want to raise your kids differently. Go on, DREAM.

Then RUN...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
like i said, i have suspected for a long time, but i just didn't come out and ask until tonight (i was afraid of what the answer would be). honestly, i didn't want to know. however she is pretty smart, and i am good at convincing her of things. the biggest problem is her family (she's from austin, the liberal stronghold of texas).

She can not be "pretty smart" and a be a Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
actually, she's fine with my gun hobby and is interested in shooting with me. we've only shot my sig once, but when my AR is finished i think she will have a lot of fun with it. i don't blame her being a democrat on stupidity. her parents have voted democrat her whole life, and she's not very political. honestly, what else do you think the natural progression would be?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Her excuse is weak.  I have no respect for someone who decides their political party affiliation based on how they were raised or what their parents believe or family tradition.  That's like saying "but my family has always been Nazis."  I'm not happy with democrats and liberals but at least I can respect them if they actually thought out their positions and aren't letting mommmy and daddy pull the puppet strings.

I've been a conservative since about the age of 15.  I never knew what my mother was until 30 years of living in Kalifornia addled her political thinking.  I still to this day don't know my fathers political viewpoints, or care.  He is he and I am me.

She needs to start thinking for herself.  And, I seriously doubt that her family suffered the serious financial depravations she claims under the Reagan and Bush I presidencies.  Sounds like talking points heard from mommy and daddy.  But, I think all of New Jersey and NYC seems to have this same disease.

Tradition....tradition!!

Fiddler on the roof
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i just found out that my long time girlfriend (marriage is very possible down the road) is a democrat.  

What have you talked about during this "long time"?
Or have you just come up for air?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
SIIHPAPP+10
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#10]
You have found this out for a reason.  It's fate.  Dump her now before it's too late.  If you don't, you might marry her and have all her dipshit democrat friends over at your house all the time.

Run away.

Remember:  YOU ARE ALWAYS BETTER OFF SINGLE.

Take it from one who had to learn the hard way.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with others here.  The important thing is wether you love her or not, not her political beliefs.  They can change and sometimes do when they are exposed to opposing and or otherwise logical viewpoints.  I married a semi-liberal from Hyde Park, NY and changed her.  So, it can be done.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't understand people for whom political beliefs are so independent from their lives that the stance of their significant other doesn't matter. Sure, I disagree with my wife on some things. She's a vegetarian, I'm not. But when it comes to how we vote, our faith and what's important to us, we're as alike as two peas in a pod. I wouldn't have it any other way for the woman who raises my kids.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:08:21 AM EDT
[#13]
i do love this girl and i will not dump her over political differences. however, i completely agree that i can respect someone's views if they have a legitimate reason for them.  in fact, i told her the very same thing. her reason is the economic situation i already stated, which i believe is legitimate. my only beef with it is that it is solely based on what her parents told her about their experiences, not hard facts.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top