User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
So many people think steroids is the easy way out ("But, working out is so hard, can't I just take steroids??").

If you're going to take steroids, then get a doctor who who will monitor you and give you all the right crap to keep you from getting fucked up.  It will be expensive.  Most of the top bodybuilders do this.  You'll probably still get a small dick.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good choice.   'Roids have too many risks to be worth the effort, and anyone who's motivated enough about his strength and appearance that he'd seriously think about using them has enough motivation to get on a good program and stick with it.

If you're six feet tall and have just an average, semi-athletic build, you WON'T be messed with very much.   You're noticeably above average in size and, presumably, strength.

I'm 6'0" myself, and running about 200 pounds,  and a few of those pounds are extra fat but fortunately not very much of it.  (I'm trying to get rid of it, too, but it can be a challenge!)     Since I hit my 30s and my shoulders and chest filled out naturally,  NOBODY gives me any trouble.   As I've bulked up all over in the past year,  it's been getting even better.   I get respect!

I'm an observer of people.  It's a hobby.  I see how smaller people react when big, strong men enter the room,  and there definitely IS a reaction, though it's usually subtle.     I see that reaction all the time when I end up getting fairly close to smaller people,  and their reaction amuses me.

As for muscle mass....if you want more,  there's nothing wrong with that.   Somebody asked why you'd want that,  but I ask, why wouldn't you want it?     I want to add muscle mass as long as it doesn't interfere with my flexibility,  and I want that muscle mass to be dense for maximum strength for the size of the muscle.    Yes, I want to be a real bruiser.   But I'm hardly on a bodybuilder's workout program.   My goals for size and strength are more realistic.

CJ

.... you sound gay are you the pecker-checker on the mens locker room?.....Boy I'm glad this stupid crap was in GD rather than the fitness forum. The guys I knew taking 'roids back then 70/80's are hosting problems now!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe oubeta has knowledge on the subject...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You sure you mean glutamine and not glucosamine when you are talking about being lube for your joints?  I'm pretty sure glutamine is just for muscle recovery and building and doesn't have anything to do with your joints, while glucosamine is the stuff that keeps your joints from wearing down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Do a google search for Tommy Chaikin.  He was a South Carolina football player who started taking 'roids to keep up with bigger guys and his life was completely changed and nearly ended by his self destructive behavior.  When you say "That won't happen to me, I can stay in control" don't believe it, the drugs are powerful, because they work.  They build muscle and they will destroy the rest of your body.  Check it out and then reconsider.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good choice.   'Roids have too many risks to be worth the effort, and anyone who's motivated enough about his strength and appearance that he'd seriously think about using them has enough motivation to get on a good program and stick with it.

If you're six feet tall and have just an average, semi-athletic build, you WON'T be messed with very much.   You're noticeably above average in size and, presumably, strength.

I'm 6'0" myself, and running about 200 pounds,  and a few of those pounds are extra fat but fortunately not very much of it.  (I'm trying to get rid of it, too, but it can be a challenge!)     Since I hit my 30s and my shoulders and chest filled out naturally,  NOBODY gives me any trouble.   As I've bulked up all over in the past year,  it's been getting even better.   I get respect!

I'm an observer of people.  It's a hobby.  I see how smaller people react when big, strong men enter the room,  and there definitely IS a reaction, though it's usually subtle.     I see that reaction all the time when I end up getting fairly close to smaller people,  and their reaction amuses me.

As for muscle mass....if you want more,  there's nothing wrong with that.   Somebody asked why you'd want that,  but I ask, why wouldn't you want it?     I want to add muscle mass as long as it doesn't interfere with my flexibility,  and I want that muscle mass to be dense for maximum strength for the size of the muscle.    Yes, I want to be a real bruiser.   But I'm hardly on a bodybuilder's workout program.   My goals for size and strength are more realistic.

CJ

.... you sound gay are you the pecker-checker on the mens locker room?.....Boy I'm glad this stupid crap was in GD rather than the fitness forum. The guys I knew taking 'roids back then 70/80's are hosting problems now!

this isn't the first time he's heard that, believe me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

CJ

I am also an observer of people, and you are correct, for the most part, although some of this depends on how you carry yourself.

I am only 5'10, 165, do mild PT everyday...pushups, pullups, crunches, a little running, etc...but I never get fucked with. It's all about how you carry yourself and self-confidence.

Not trying to say I'm a badass or anything, because I'm not. I've lost my share of scraps ...but I've won my share as well, and some of those were guys quite a bit bigger than me, over-confident. Some of the best fighters I've ever known were average looking, or short and stocky types.

Eagle, I'd stick with the legal supplements, and good old-fashioned hard work. If you are looking to improve your fighting skills, I would reccomend studying a fighting style that appeals to you, one with real-world applications. Building muscle mass is only one thing...you have to learn how to use it.

Just my .02.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top