Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A WIIIIIIIITCH!!!!

What make you think she is a witch?

...and then they say WE have no sense of humor...

Do a Google on "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WaaHoo!
A place where I can talk to new age, crystal wearing, tree worshiping freaks.

STOP IT, Legs! I can't breath!

You forgot "long haired, sandal wearing, non-property owing, commune living."-oh, wait, that was Jesus, guess I'm in good company. LOL

Dude that site is pathetic. Why the hell anyone would put their faith in spells and magic cards.
Look at all of these lost idiots beging for a reading for some wannabe witch psychic.
forum for idiots

Bottom line TNFrank, most of you pagans recognize and believe that their are many demons and
lessor gods in this mystical world of yours. Why pray to a evil of weak spirit when you can go straight
to the big man himself?

Ahh, now there's a splended and effective way to get non-christians interested in christianity! Insult and flame them into submission! Yeah! That'll work! NOT......

Christian Conversion Method Checklist in Dealing With Non-Christians

(x)1. stone them
(x)2. Burn them
(x)3. Rebuke them
(x)4. Insult them and invalidate their beliefs
(x)5. Threaten them with HELL
( )6. Teach them through example with the same kindness, tollerance and understanding that Christ did.

Ahh, down to the LAST option, eh?

"oh Lord, GOD, please, I pray thee, save me from thy followers.."

Flame away troops! I'm agnostic! Come get me!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...but then, you know Christians, they absolutely have to convert everyone that they meet or they just don't feel right about themselves.

I'm sorry. Have I ever given you the impresssion that I'm trying to convert you?

If so, I sincerely apologize, because my intent was never such.

I'm having a hard enough time trying to save my own soul and helping others save theirs to worry about guys like you who don't believe you have one.

By all means, go hug your trees, or lick your frogs, or skin your cats, or tap your crystals, or do whatever makes you happy.

All I will ask that you get your facts straight when addressing my faith. Thanks!

This just goes to show what you know, or don't know, about Paganism. What you're talking about is Wicca, which is only one form of Paganism, same a Baptist is only one denomination of the "Christian Church".  Norse Paganism and the worship of Odin is different from Celtic Paganism or Native American Shamanism or , well, you get the picture. To put everything into a narrow system of believes like you've done is the same as when I say "All Christians", not all Pagans believe the same things same as not all Christians believe the same things. Catholics believe in praying to Mary "The Mother of God." but Baptists don't, both claim to be Christian but hold to different believes.
 I do believe that there are "Teacher Plants" like Salvia Divinorum, that can help us to "see" the world with new eyes so we can understand it better. I do believe that burring incenses helps to purify my "space", I do believe that all things in nature should be respected and reveared because it's these things that give us life and shellter and provide for us. I believe that there are many plants that can be used to heal us and that "modern medicine" isn't always the best approch to illness.  My view of what a Pagan is can be very different from someone elses view.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WaaHoo!
A place where I can talk to new age, crystal wearing, tree worshiping freaks.

STOP IT, Legs! I can't breath!

You forgot "long haired, sandal wearing, non-property owing, commune living."-oh, wait, that was Jesus, guess I'm in good company. LOL

Dude that site is pathetic. Why the hell anyone would put their faith in spells and magic cards.
Look at all of these lost idiots beging for a reading for some wannabe witch psychic.
forum for idiots

Bottom line TNFrank, most of you pagans recognize and believe that their are many demons and
lessor gods in this mystical world of yours. Why pray to a evil of weak spirit when you can go straight
to the big man himself?

Ahh, now there's a splended and effective way to get non-christians interested in christianity! Insult and flame them into submission! Yeah! That'll work! NOT......

Christian Conversion Method Checklist in Dealing With Non-Christians

(x)1. stone them
(x)2. Burn them
(x)3. Rebuke them
(x)4. Insult them and invalidate their beliefs
(x)5. Threaten them with HELL
( )6. Teach them through example with the same kindness, tollerance and understanding that Christ did.

Ahh, down to the LAST option, eh?

"oh Lord, GOD, please, I pray thee, save me from thy followers.."

Flame away troops! I'm agnostic! Come get me!

Who the fuck said I was trying to get non-christians interested in christianity?
I could care less how many people go to hell or not.
Truth is I hate most people and for the most part, I am happy some of the people I know
are going to hell.

Well then! *Ace Ventura voice* Alrightyyyyyyyyy then! ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER! *ROFLMFAO*
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This just goes to show what you know, or don't know, about Paganism. What you're talking about is Wicca, which is only one form of Paganism, same a Baptist is only one denomination of the "Christian Church".  Norse Paganism and the worship of Odin is different from Celtic Paganism or Native American Shamanism or , well, you get the picture. To put everything into a narrow system of believes like you've done is the same as when I say "All Christians", not all Pagans believe the same things same as not all Christians believe the same things. Catholics believe in praying to Mary "The Mother of God." but Baptists don't, both claim to be Christian but hold to different believes.
 I do believe that there are "Teacher Plants" like Salvia Divinorum, that can help us to "see" the world with new eyes so we can understand it better. I do believe that burring incenses helps to purify my "space", I do believe that all things in nature should be respected and reveared because it's these things that give us life and shellter and provide for us. I believe that there are many plants that can be used to heal us and that "modern medicine" isn't always the best approch to illness.  My view of what a Pagan is can be very different from someone elses view.

And what does ANY of that have to do with the POINT of my post?

So you're not Wiccan. Fine with me. I'm STILL not going to try and convert you.

DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE. If your particular brand of Paganism requires you to dress in screaming green and stand on your head whistling the Star Spangled Banner while voting for John Kerry, then please do so! Enjoy!

But your assertion that all we Cristians try to convert you is WRONG.

See?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Frank, you willhave ahard time convincing, But very informative, I am a Celtic Jew, before the Roman Church was founded, the Celts in hte Isles adopted the teachings of Jesus nad blended it withDruidism. From my understanding, there was a marraige of one of Jamesthe Just daughtersto the sonof hte ArchDruid.
In Judiasm we have an obligation to the earth and acept it asa stewardship. Tishabov is the festival of trees and planting trees is a mission of Jews. Makes ya wonder?
If you want toc hat about Paganism,I would love to hear your beliefs, emailme.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#9]
My cousin Charlie was a Pagan.  He was one bad Mo-Fo.  Course he was Catholic by religion, but he was a Pagan.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Frank, you willhave ahard time convincing, But very informative, I am a Celtic Jew, before the Roman Church was founded, the Celts in hte Isles adopted the teachings of Jesus nad blended it withDruidism. From my understanding, there was a marraige of one of Jamesthe Just daughtersto the sonof hte ArchDruid.
In Judiasm we have an obligation to the earth and acept it asa stewardship. Tishabov is the festival of trees and planting trees is a mission of Jews. Makes ya wonder?
If you want toc hat about Paganism,I would love to hear your beliefs, emailme.....

Dude..... Get a new keyboard. Your space bar is busted!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's your sense of Christian Giving! Give him YOURS!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I belong to one of those misunderstood "cults" too. The guy I follow does'nt have a job, has long hair, hates rich people,does'nt have a home,is always seen hanging out with scumbags and hookers, always gets hasseled by "the man" and religious fanatics and likes to bring beer to weddings just when it looks like there is none left. I'd tell you his name but, he's wanted by "the man" and is  hiding out. If you ask me his name i'll deny I associate with him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My cousin Charlie was a Pagan.  He was one bad Mo-Fo.  Course he was Catholic by religion, but he was a Pagan.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/bayeagle/ARF/pagans.jpg

LOL, I wondered how long it'd be until someone brought the MC into this. Yep, I've heard of the Pagan's MC, along with the "Chosen Few" and the "Dirty Dozen".  There used to be quite a few of the Dozen in Phoenix, AZ.  Of course we've all heard of the HA's(Hell's Angels) which, if you study it out, you'll find are really some nice guys, not the drug dealing, murders that some people make them out to be.  Heck, they have a toy drive every year before Christmas to get toys for poor kids, sounds like some nice people to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm a dyslexic agnostic; I have come to doubt the existence of my dog.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yeah I belong to one of those misunderstood "cults" too. The guy I follow does'nt have a job, has long hair, hates rich people,does'nt have a home,is always seen hanging out with scumbags and hookers, always gets hasseled by "the man" and religious fanatics and likes to bring beer to weddings just when it looks like there is none left. I'd tell you his name but, he's wanted by "the man" and is  hiding out. If you ask me his name i'll deny I associate with him.

Now, THAT is a clever post!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Have no fear, I have come to restore your faith! Take a walk through the back yard for 30 minutes, after, look to the bottom of your shoes for evidence of existance!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't! It's connected to my laptop!

Besides, I am evil, greedy Republican. Have him buy his own and help the economy!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides, I am evil, greedy Republican. Have him buy his own and help the economy!

But.......... WWJD??
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But.......... WWJD??

He would tell him to give his keyboard to the poor.

Besides, I'M NOT JESUS!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But.......... WWJD??

He would tell him to give his keyboard to the poor.

Besides, I'M NOT JESUS!

How do ya know I Wasn't talking about Judas?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

How do ya know I Wasn't talking about Judas?

Oh! Well in that case.......

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say to each their own. Seriously though I bet there are more pagans on this board than you realize (not me though), they just might be too scared to come out and say it...so here's to you Frank

I'd even be willing to bet that there are more then a few "Christian Pagans" here as well.

ETA: I should have read the rest of the thread before I posted. When you said "Christian Pagan" I thought you meant the Gnostics (which is different from gnostic).

And Eric, I hate to disagree with you. I really do. However, the basic elements of Christianity were well in place before the formantion of any Christian church.

A few really good books to read on the subject of Christian mythology:

Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor
The Inner Reaches of Outer Space: Metaphor as Myth and as Religion

both by Joseph Campbell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
WTF is a Christian Pagan???
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Yup, I need a new Wave keyboard, mine is old and falling apart. Hey TN my cousin is also hooked into the Pagans, remember they were real strong in NJ-Philly area. Alot of them are now wealthy businessmen, not the dope selling kind, just loved to ride bikes, I can't blame them.
Hey Zap see if you can get me an XXL keboard, these little keys are hard to only hit one. And remember Chaunaka is before Christmas, which is actually the Festival of Saturnalia.....a Pagan Holiday
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

*whine* I don't want to go to hell since I still kind of believe in that Christianity stuff, but I want to be rebellous and get attention! *whine*.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#26]
What Would Thor Do?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yup, I need a new Wave keyboard, mine is old and falling apart. Hey TN my cousin is also hooked into the Pagans, remember they were real strong in NJ-Philly area. Alot of them are now wealthy businessmen, not the dope selling kind, just loved to ride bikes, I can't blame them.
Hey Zap see if you can get me an XXL keboard, these little keys are hard to only hit one. And remember Chaunaka is before Christmas, which is actually the Festival of Saturnalia.....a Pagan Holiday

And let's not forget Easter, which is really the Festival of Ishtar, a fertility Goddess.
www.ishtartemple.org/history.htm
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#28]
And what is the Rule of Steel?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes and that the Yule log and Christmas tree are also Pagan in origin. But Jewish Holidays are best..... we are still here, F&*k you and lets eat!
Chanaku the Festival of Donuts, Purim, the festival of cookies, are my favoriutes
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
And what is the Rule of Steel?

Steel is weak, FLESH is strong.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Why does it seem like every time a religion discussion comes up someone who is not Catholic has to mention Catholicisim?  

Snake handling, rolling and wrinkleing, "send me all your money so I can buy my wife some more makeup and I'll bless you through the TV", "hey dude - while tripping on opium I found these really groovy plates", not worthy of picking on?  Can we get some new material around here, please?  The Catholic bit is old news.  Anyone go on a comet ride lately?  Where's my tinfoil hat?  I need to go do some cloud busting - too many ELFS in the area.

Oh, and for what it's worth, TNFrank, the things you mentioned about Christian Pagan sound like a person's weakness in their own faith.  Not sure if you want to equate weakness in one faith for strength in Paganism.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*whine* I don't want to go to hell since I still kind of believe in that Christianity stuff, but I want to be rebellous and get attention! *whine*.

I think we've had 10 threads like that in the past month; 8 were by Clean_Cut.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Nope

YEP.
Conan: The riddle...of steel.
Thulsa Doom: Yes! You know what it is don't you boy. Shall I tell you? It's the least I can do. Steel isn't strong boy, flesh is stronger!Look around you. There, on the rocks; that beautiful girl. Come to me my child...(girl jumps from about 4 stories up and crashes into the rocks below.) That is strength boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yup, I need a new Wave keyboard, mine is old and falling apart.

<snip>

Hey Zap see if you can get me an XXL keboard, these little keys are hard to only hit one.

Find them here...

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#36]
All strength begins with the Will. Without the will to use it, the strongest flesh and sharpest steel are worthless.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Conan: Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, and why we died. All that matters is that today, two stood against many. Valor pleases you, so grant me this one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, the HELL with you!

Remember, Conan was a Barbarian, a Pagan. His God was Crom the God of the Earth.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
All strength begins with the Will. Without the will to use it, the strongest flesh and sharpest steel are worthless.

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#39]
And I would like to add:

"Mythology may, in a real sense, be defined as other people's religion. And religion may, in a sense, be understood as a popular misunderstanding of mythology." --- Joseph Campbell Thou Art That
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

Danke schoen...

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks but no XXL
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm completely non religious, no leanings whatsoever.  But if I had to pick one....

gettin' nekkid, painting yourself green and dancing around the bonfire beats the heck out of rolling around on the ground speaking in "tongues" and letting rattle snakes bite you any day of the week

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm completely non religious, no leanings whatsoever.  But if I had to pick one....

gettin' nekkid, painting yourself green and dancing around the bonfire beats the heck out of rolling around on the ground speaking in "tongues" and letting rattle snakes bite you any day of the week

You'd be in for a bit of a shock then. If you like armpit hair and Petchulli oil, you'd love some of the more hardcore Pagan types. Some people always need to take a good thing and screw it up by going to extremes. Their ignorant pacifism gets to a chafing point real quick as well.

Number one reason why I switched to something closer to my families history and bloodline. Asatru. Norse/Germanic heathanism. If you are gonna dress up the things in the Universe you don't understand with fancy names, may as well be something you can live with. The old Norse moral codes and ethics are pretty much in line with my own personal philosophy as well.

That, and despite how much rationality, logic, and science I employ, I just can't shake the idea that there is continuance of some kind after death. That there is more to our existance than can be quantified and experimented with. Call it a personal fault of mine if you need to. ;-)

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have no fear, I have come to restore your faith! Take a walk through the back yard for 30 minutes, after, look to the bottom of your shoes for evidence of existance!

"But," says man. "The dog poop is a dead giveaway isnt it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says the dog. "I hadn't thought of that." And promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh that was easy." says man. And for an encore he proves that black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yes and that the Yule log and Christmas tree are also Pagan in origin. But Jewish Holidays are best..... we are still here, F&*k you and lets eat!
Chanaku the Festival of Donuts, Purim, the festival of cookies, are my favoriutes

What about Festivus???
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top