User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a long standing airsoft vet and play almost every weekend. I've moved up to Lt. on my team.

My load out:
Tokyo Marui M4 RIS w/M203
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

I'm saving up to buy a SAW later this year! My team could use the extra fire power. I'm really glad I found this forum, its the best!

AIRSOFT VET!!!!

BWWAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

THATS FUCKING PRICELESS!!!!!

Do airsoft vets get the day off on Veteran's Day?

Maybe, maybe not. But there area a LOT of Vets who don't get the day off on Veteran's Day. If you knew the definition of a Vet according to the DoD standards, you might not be so quick with your words.

FYI, a Vet is anyone who has served on active duty for 6 months or longer and is capable of or has received an Honorable Discharge.

Thanks for clearing that up, didn't realize that I qualify... I think.  Let's see, 2 and half years National Guard, 3 years active duty, one year in Iraq.  Never shot Airsoft before, though.  Do I qualify?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a long standing airsoft vet and play almost every weekend. I've moved up to Lt. on my team.

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

I'm saving up to buy a SAW later this year! My team could use the extra fire power. I'm really glad I found this forum, its the best!

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump.

Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

And you'd know what the real thing is b/c......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire]

Dude that was sarcasm, airsoft don't train you for shit. Bullets don't bruise unless their 9mm. At no time is your life in danger, well maybe your eyesight. There seems to be a little gained in the fact that your targets shoot back, that remains to be seen. I tried airsoft and the tactics were close to cqb except for some reason most airsofters realize that it is bb's and get a little brave. I watched these commandos breach doors and clear halls brazen as hell. Thats bullshit if you ask me. They just don't seem scared enough of the "lead"

So I guess MILES is a worthless training aid that makes our soldiers video game enduced warriors.

Look, MILES is high-tech laser tag. Airsoft is low-tech simunition. Both are fun, both can teach (to a point). I see nothing wrong with either.

Now, one thing I will say is that airsoft (professionally or whatever) is a waste of money and moronic. Why the fuck should I buy a $350 airsoft gun (that requires $50 charger, $20 bat, $25 discharger, ect) modelled after an AK when I can get a real one for CHEAPER?!

Now, if these whiz-bang AEGs would cost like $55 one-day, I'd get into airsoft... But until then, it's just a waste of money for a few minutes of fun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you bash airsoft players? It makes us come across as assholes. I have no problem with anything like that. I dont own any, but at least it has its appeal. Its like a real life video game....and who doesnt play those here.....sheesh
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why do you bash airsoft players? It makes us come across as assholes. I have no problem with anything like that. I dont own any, but at least it has its appeal. Its like a real life video game....and who doesnt play those here.....sheesh

I don't bash airsoft players.

I bash airsofters that come on here and try to promote unsuitable products as the real thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I bash airsofters that come on here and try to promote unsuitable products as the real thing.

+1

Airsoft is one thing, arrogantly promoting these Tacpoints as "Just As Good" is another matter all together. It only shows the extremely low round counts these guys must have their weapons. Not to mention the moronic statements mocking those of us that do buy quality optics.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Other than people trying to use airsoft parts on their real weapons, I can't understand what the huge commotion is here over the mere mention of airsoft.

I would have thought most serious gun owners would see how at the bare mimimum it could be interesting/fun to have a "skirmish" with buddies with realistic looking/feeling/reloading weapons.  

I do however think it's silly to spend some of the money some people do on airsoft.  Anything other than a standard <$300 AEG seems like overkill, but I guess people are free to spend what they will.

I did spend about the same amount of money for my TM Colt M733 AEG that did for each of my 3 AKs, but I can't shoot anyone with my AKs or other weapons without getting in considerable trouble from the po-po...

I just don't get where the extreme animousity comes from over this from some of you guys.  It's ridiculous....  Trolling is one thing which a few posts clearly seem to be, (probably from some of the more vocal airsoft haters...) but no one would be trolling if a dozen or so people here didn't fly off the handle at every airsoft post they see.  Several of you guys obviously look for these posts just to flame everyone who finds airsoft interesting...  

Can't say that I care since I don't come here to talk about airsoft and usually don't even read the threads about it, but for crying out loud....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
<Removed.  1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature.>

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
<Removed>

SGatr15

THAT IS FUCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's justified, but some people (names won't be named) think that even the respectible airsoft players are "gay" and "lame" and even "trolls." It's sad.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<Removed.  1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature.>

SGatr15

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
PWN3D!

This is NOT simunition, that is a copyrighted name, it is something else... cant remeber the name tho.  It ROCKS!

*** ok.. called UTM = Ultimate Training Munitions... it is NOT simuntions *** different company

leaves a little more than bruising if you arent wearing pants.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
freeride: That's interesting! I've never seen that before.

Can civies get their hands on this? Any special modifications needed for mags/firearms?

Neat though!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
freeride: That's interesting! I've never seen that before.

Can civies get their hands on this? Any special modifications needed for mags/firearms?

Neat though!

dunno..  but all you need to use it is a different bolt!  everything else stays the same.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
IBTL  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to be an airsofter when i lived in MA cuz it was the easiest way to get guns I wanted.  Now that I live in MO, airsoft is just a kiddie's game to me since I got a REAL AR-15 and AK-47
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes! Every so often if i eat certain foods "Soft air" escapes my a.........Never mind that ain't air!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes! Every so often if i eat certain foods "Soft air" escapes my a.........Never mind that ain't air!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

[hijack mode on]
Greetings,
I do not wish to hijack this thread but, due to your content to this thread,  I would appreciate some information.
I presently require a holster manufacturer to provide two custom holsters for a Mark 23, one right, one left.
Now, my question, is the airsoft 23 an exact dimensional replica of the HK 23? My reason for asking is, if this is the case, I shall buy a airsoft 23, forward it to Sparks and have the two holsters I require built.

[hijack mode off] My aplogies for such but, it was information required.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey guess what else is banned here?

I tried paintball once.  Was disappointed.  Nothing like what I hear about real combat and its hard on the pocket.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I tried paintball once.  Was disappointed.  Nothing like what I hear about real combat and its hard on the pocket.

Paintball is mostly only good for pranks, IMO.

Not very fun, nor realistic.

"Hey, guys, I have to elevate my gun 25-degrees just to shoot 125 feet! Isn't this awesome?!"

Yep. Sure. And pay $5 to get a damn Co2 tank refilled and another $10 on 500rds of PBs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paintball is mostly only good for pranks, IMO.

Not very fun, nor realistic.

"Hey, guys, I have to elevate my gun 25-degrees just to shoot 125 feet! Isn't this awesome?!"

Yep. Sure. And pay $5 to get a damn Co2 tank refilled and another $10 on 500rds of PBs.

Get a real marker.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Sometimes we are just a little old fashioned in the way we think!  Hell yes we had springer type Schwins big ass and heavy bikes !  You developed a good set of calves just pumping then down the sandy roads!  Now they have the New Schwins with chopper frames and big ass  rear tires!!!

(Cool)  We had Red Ryders and Bengeman pumps They have air soft!!

Wouldn't you have loved to had an airsoft back in the day?

I was 44 years old before they even had a PC that was worth even building!!  Young people today have them(store bought) right handy!

So Many of us here learned our shooting skills from a BB gun!!   And we forget they are just children with more blessings than we once had!

And Paintball guns are just something I don't understand!   You shoot me with a PBGUN and I will return fire with whatever I have handy!  

So anyway rock on young dudes just keep it real!!!

As this is a real forum about real AR/15 rifles!!!

Welcome as this is a good place to grow up as there are many MEN and WOMEN here to show you the way!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a real marker.

I have a marker that will go out a thousand yards, if I ever learn to shoot worth a shit, it leaves nice red marks too, cost me three hundred bucks at a pawn shop.

Um, I can't tell if this is a real post or a joke!!  If you adjust your marker to the standard allowed velocity the max range is something like 60 yards.  

By "real marker" do you by chance mean something chambered in 5.56, or 7.62?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Proud airsoft player.  My team is 20 people strong and a usuall showing of 50 per event.  Other bigger groups abound and are common here.  Air soft is a good way to round off your training with real range time.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#29]
IBTL

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I dont understand why this thread would be locked.  Some of you say this is a forum for discussing real guns, well I hardly see guns being discussed in General Discussion.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Proud airsoft player.  My team is 20 people strong and a usuall showing of 50 per event.  Other bigger groups abound and are common here.  Air soft is a good way to round off your training with real range time.  

Living in the Peoples Republik of Hawaii, I can understand why you need to go the Airsoft route but for those who live in the free states and have access to firearms, to spend $300 on an airsoft anything is pretty silly.  Then again, a spare $300 isn't terribly easy to come by for me so I tend to want the best bang for my buck.  Airsoft simply doesn't fit in that category.

Oh, and to the person who denigrated those who weren't able to completely serve for some reason or another but did serve long enough to qualify as a veteran, you can go fuck yourself.  Keep in mind, they DID volunteer to serve in the armed forces which is more than I can say for the average citizen.

Oh, and before you say anything about my service or lack thereof...yes, I spent 12 years in the US Army as a 13F including stints on the Korean DMZ and the first Gulf War.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont understand why this thread would be locked.  Some of you say this is a forum for discussing real guns, well I hardly see guns being discussed in General Discussion.

That is because there are many forums dedicated to real guns here, there is also an appropriate forum for toy playing and pretend fighting.

Airsoft can be used for safety training, as has been mentioned, for real firearms.

Airsofts are 1:1 scale, so you can handle them and teach someone to keep the weapon pointed in safe directions, watch trigger control, and keep unloaded until firing.

Afterall, play toy or not, I think any of us here would rather be shot by a BB than a real 9x19 or what have you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Tryed it, didn't like it, go fuck yourself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

Really, it seems almost everyone here that bashes airsoft has never tried it before.

I am also looking into something called Real Action Paintball.  It's paintball with realistic looking guns, and they even eject "shell casings".  I think so far they make an M4, an MP5 and a Glock.

The problem is that people come on here who have nothing but airsoft guns and act like they know everything.

Airsoft stuff makes great non-lethal force-on-force training.  But some people take it way too seriously.  On the other hand, a lot of people here bash just for the hell of bashing it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I have had airsoft pistols before, but I'm consitering getting a basic TM mp5 for messin around in my basement and shooting my little brother. I figger its closest i can get to an MP5 without spending couple thousand dollars, its also better than a Specal Wepon mp5. That and I can shoot my brother.But i will not get it before a finsh building my Dissy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#40]
got an airsoft pistol once from cheaper than dirt free for ordering over 100 dollars of stuff online.only used it once to shoot the wife on the bare ass while she was changing.needless to say she wasnt pleased.one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump. hug.gif

Really, it seems almost everyone here that bashes airsoft has never tried it before.

I am also looking into something called Real Action Paintball.  It's paintball with realistic looking guns, and they even eject "shell casings".  I think so far they make an M4, an MP5 and a Glock.

The problem is that people come on here who have nothing but airsoft guns and act like they know everything.

Airsoft stuff makes great non-lethal force-on-force training.  But some people take it way too seriously.  On the other hand, a lot of people here bash just for the hell of bashing it.

That is definately not the case here, I have many more real firearms than airsoft, airsoft is just another hobby for me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

That is definately not the case here, I have many more real firearms than airsoft, airsoft is just another hobby for me.

I hate to say it but, list them off
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#43]
and pics....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, pics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump. hug.gif

AR-15 (m4gery kit gun from model 1 sales)
Chinese SKS
Remington 870 HD
Winchester Model 94
HK USP .45
Smith & Wesson 686+

If you want pics, you will have to wait a day or two, as I would have to borrow my friends digital camera.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

AR-15 (m4gery kit gun from model 1 sales)
Chinese SKS
Remington 870 HD
Winchester Model 94
HK USP .45
Smith & Wesson 686+

If you want pics, you will have to wait a day or two, as I would have to borrow my friends digital camera.

The point is that airsoft has absolutley ZERO PLACE ON ARFCOM. If you wish to discuss toy weapons, I suggest you go find yourself a nice airsoft forum. This is not the place for you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Living in the Peoples Republik of Hawaii, I can understand why you need to go the Airsoft route but for those who live in the free states and have access to firearms, to spend $300 on an airsoft anything is pretty silly.  Then again, a spare $300 isn't terribly easy to come by for me so I tend to want the best bang for my buck.  Airsoft simply doesn't fit in that category.

Oh, and to the person who denigrated those who weren't able to completely serve for some reason or another but did serve long enough to qualify as a veteran, you can go fuck yourself.  Keep in mind, they DID volunteer to serve in the armed forces which is more than I can say for the average citizen.

Oh, and before you say anything about my service or lack thereof...yes, I spent 12 years in the US Army as a 13F including stints on the Korean DMZ and the first Gulf War.

Nobody said anything about only serving 6 months is dishonorable. If you go back and read my original post, it states that if you have served at least 6 months, and have received an honorable discharge, you are considered to be a Vet according to the DoD. So please hold your "go fuck yourself." until you are certain of what you read. I am currently still on Active Duty, and have seen many friends come and go. I know whatI am talking about.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Airsoft users are thick around here, but most of us aren't interested in toys.  However (this is disturbing), some play with dolls and post pictures of the activity!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Airsoft users are thick around here, but most of us aren't interested in toys.  However (this is disturbing), some play with dolls and post pictures of the activity!

Don't get on SgtAR's bad side, or you're bound to get turned into a doll too!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#50]
GantorisIV,
I have a pretty good buddy named SF_Chris - he and I shoot all the time.

We have a great team.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top