Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
not since I was 16
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope, never been drunk, or even drank much.  I've had a grand total of ONE smirnoff ice that my wife talked me into trying on our honeymoon.  

The way I've always looked at it, is that I don't want to just drink to get drunk.  And if you don't want to be drunk, why drink alcholic beverages?  There's plenty of other stuff that's cheaper and tastes better.

My dad always preached that there is only one thing in the world you can control -- how you react to what happens around you.   If you give that up, you've got nothin'.

--Josh
(Age 22 FWIW)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Only on the days I don't drink!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've consumed far more booze this week than normal due to business travel.  At a dinner I hit it off with one of the women (meaning got along well, but I'd have hit it) and she drank me under the table.

Too much on anything can cause problems in your life.  Avoiding such things because of a percieved vision of nobility can cause you to miss all that life has to offer.  It's the same with guns.  I can tell who does this as an enjoyable hobby, who is paranoid, who feels guns are a rite of passage in their 'badass' image, and who has an unhealthy amount of unresolved bloodlust.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Never.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
oh yeah, I brew my own beer !!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I was never drunk, once.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
One nightwhen I was in high school, me and my two buddiesput a camper out in the woods at some property my family owns. One buddy smuggled a case of bud past his parents and stashed it in the camper(cold enough outside to keep beer chilled). Well, he and my other buddy started in right away while we were still cutting firewood, I drank one to even me out but since I had control of sharp instruments I decided to wait for the rest. Well, anyhow they just kept at it and when one had 5 he stopped and said thats enough for me. Suddenly I realized there was none left for me. My other buddy had put away 18 beers in under 2 hours! After watching him fall into the bed of my truck and bang his head on my gooseneck and ram his head into the side of a pull barn, he passed out. A half-hour later I was on my hands and knees cleening up vomit and my other sober buddy was kicking him in the ribs to wake  him up so he would'nt choke on his own puke. After that night I don't think I'll ever touch another beer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, I have never been drunk.   I'm 39 and I've only been lightly buzzed twice.  Both times, I didn't like the buzzed feeling at all....so why go any further?

I have no use for alcohol.  It doesn't offer me anything I want.

CJ

I never did like your Avatar.  Looks too noble, as are you CJ.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've consumed far more booze this week than normal due to business travel.  At a dinner I hit it off with one of the women (meaning got along well, but I'd have hit it) and she drank me under the table.

Too much on anything can cause problems in your life.  Avoiding such things because of a percieved vision of nobility can cause you to miss all that life has to offer.  It's the same with guns.  I can tell who does this as an enjoyable hobby, who is paranoid, who feels guns are a rite of passage in their 'badass' image, and who has an unhealthy amount of unresolved bloodlust.

You had me there for a minute DP.  But then you started parting hairs and I got lost.

"Guns are icky" is all I hear...

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Never.  

And if he has big feet....*

Or big hands...*

Or a big nose....*

He better be packing, because that's one goofy looking MOFO!*

Heard you loud and clear RAMBOSKY!

Sly

(*A play on insperation from Jeff Foxworthy for anyone who missed it)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was never drunk, once.

Bless you?

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Never been drunk (can't stand the smell of beer anyway or the taste of hard liquor), never tried drugs of any kind, don't smoke, but I love sex and curse like hell.  Three out of five isn't too bad.

Wasted my 1000th post for this.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
One nightwhen I was in high school, me and my two buddiesput a camper out in the woods at some property my family owns. One buddy smuggled a case of bud past his parents and stashed it in the camper(cold enough outside to keep beer chilled). Well, he and my other buddy started in right away while we were still cutting firewood, I drank one to even me out but since I had control of sharp instruments I decided to wait for the rest. Well, anyhow they just kept at it and when one had 5 he stopped and said thats enough for me. Suddenly I realized there was none left for me. My other buddy had put away 18 beers in under 2 hours! After watching him fall into the bed of my truck and bang his head on my gooseneck and ram his head into the side of a pull barn, he passed out. A half-hour later I was on my hands and knees cleening up vomit and my other sober buddy was kicking him in the ribs to wake  him up so he would'nt choke on his own puke. After that night I don't think I'll ever touch another beer.

I dub this thread post, "Kill joy".

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone Here, Never Been Drunk?  

Do you mean today ?

Then no, er yes, er what was the question again ?

GM
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
never been stoned, never will.  beer, well it's good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anyone Here, Never Been Drunk?  

Do you mean today ?

Then no, er yes, er what was the question again ?

GM

Maybe?  [Shrug Shoulders]

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Never been drunk (can't stand the smell of beer anyway or the taste of hard liquor), never tried drugs of any kind, don't smoke, but I love sex and curse like hell.  Three out of five isn't too bad.

1,000! My God!  Thank you.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
never been stoned, never will.  beer, well it's good stuff.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You had me there for a minute DP.  But then you started parting hairs and I got lost.

Sly

You got half of the message then.  People often say that guns are icky because they get to use as evidence those who have an unhealthy (a loose term, but you know what I'm getting at) infatuation with them.  I LOVE guns, but they are not my life.  It's the same with booze.  Many times the anti drink crowd uses the uncle that drank nighly to a BAC of %.3 as a reason to call booze evil.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, I have never been drunk.   I'm 39 and I've only been lightly buzzed twice.  Both times, I didn't like the buzzed feeling at all....so why go any further?

I have no use for alcohol.  It doesn't offer me anything I want.

CJ

I never did like your Avatar.  Looks too noble, as are you CJ.

Sly

Gee, thanks....I think.

You want to see noble?

I could use THIS for an avatar:

www.staugustine.com/king/images/king_large.jpg

Noble enough for ya?  

CJ

Explain... For the lay person please.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sly

I didn't mean it in a bad way.  I wanted to start another topic with that post number, but wasn't ready for it yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sly

You got half of the message then.  People often say that guns are icky because they get to use as evidence those who have an unhealthy (a loose term, but you know what I'm getting at) infatuation with them.  I LOVE guns, but they are not my life.  It's the same with booze.  Many times the anti drink crowd uses the uncle that drank nighly to a BAC of %.3 as a reason to call booze evil.

It's all in jest DriftPunch.  (Yes, I get what you're saying)

I must admit though, I do enjoy firearms more than drinking.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sly

I didn't mean it in a bad way.  I wanted to start another topic with that post number, but wasn't ready for it yet.

Tis all good.  I can't remember what my 1K post was on, but believe me, you-it's highly over-rated.  Now is the time the guilt sets in because you haven't donated to the site.  (Well, at least for me it was.  "1k and I'll donate...")

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Explain?

I just searched for a suitably noble photo and linked to it.

It just happens to be the King of Spain.    No connection to him is claimed, expressed or implied.

CJ

You got me.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Well folks, I gots to go.

Take care all.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Ted Nugent, is that you?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
heck

Never been drunk or high...hock.gif
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ted Nugent, is that you?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Never.  I have no tolerance for those who are brought to the ER by friends because they're drunk and vomiting.  I give them nothing and tell them they need to face the consequences of their actions.  I do the same for those flying on coke or meth who come in because they "feel bad".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top