Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A good place for information is the (not kidding) Brady Campaign Report Card site.  It is pretty well layed out and just pick those states that rate a "C" or worse  New York gets a "B+" and Vermont gets a "D-".  Funny thing is California gets an "A-".  Go figure...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I moved to AZ from WI.

What would you like to know about AZ?

Also, check the hometown forums and ask questions!  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

most states have laws regarding riding in the back of pick-up trucks, Californias is not any worse than most others.

Actually that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Please reference THIS link.

2-stroke motors are pigs when it comes to emission waste, far worse than the worst cars.  Other states are also looking into restricting them.

Why dont' we just send all fossil fuel engines to the scrap heap?  Everyone can walk!  There has to be a line somewhere, and my line involves me and my neighbors being able to jump on a 2-stroke dirt bike evey once in a while when we feel like it.

Plain b.s.  As long as the aftermarket part is CARB approved you can add it to your car.  For a 5.0 liter Mustang I have loads of options when it comes to legal heads, headers, intakes, etc..  You can swap out motors. The only criteria that is required is that it has the smog equipment on it and runs as clean as the factory motor that came out of the auto.

Go try to add a turbo to that 5.0 and come back and tell me what they say.  Lots of good parts and upgrades out there that aren't CARB approved.  Also, I cannot get away with upgrades that result in the car running as good or better than the factory engine IF THE PARTS ARE NOT CARB APPROVED.

Can't put the diesel in because they are not smogged and the criteria for motor swaps will not be covered.

Thanks for proving my point.

Also worth mentioning was the remark about the vapor-less gas cans.  Going to be happening in other states soon.  In Texas, the law requiring the new gas cans will go into effect in 2006.

Those cans are not touted as vapor-less, but "no-spill."  I can pour my gas without spilling just fine thank you.  Vapor recovery with such a system is an utter joke.

I don't go out of my way to pollute, nor do I drive broken down vehicles spewing black smoke.  In fact, I keep my vehicles in top shape regardless of smog laws.  When I want to dump a new engine in that old vehicle I dn't want to have to worry about  CARB hoops.

Sounds like California was made for you!  Make sure you stay!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you decide to come here, I welcome you.  We can never have too many residents who support our Constitutional Rights!

I'm already living in PA (right outside of Philly).  The only reason we still live where we do is because of family.  If we stay in the state is will be well outside of this area.  My wife & I want to keep all of our options open.

Dude!
I noticed that right after I submitted my post.
I'm thirty-five miles west of Philly.  Check out the Southern Chester County Sportsman's and Farmer's Association.  Good gun club.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top