Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want to go fast and pull something, get a diesel.  There is a 6700lb 2002 Dodge Ram Cummins 4x4 in Bowling Green, KY that has ran in the high 10's.  2 more in Georgia right behind it.  There is a F350 crewcab long bed with a Cummins out west that ran a 10.58 last weekend.  And all of these are street leagle with a roll cage.  So any truck can go fast with a little motivation and $$.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Arn't all fast cars a "novelty"?
you are right about the ZO6, not everyone owns one, but there are alot of people that own vettes.

course alot of people own rams too.

it really goes both ways.

They make about 36,000 Corvettes a year.

They're only making about 3,500 RAM SRT-10's the first year and I heard 1,500 of them are going over-seas.

With the Viper drive-train, I doubt that production figures will be much higher in the future - they are coming out with a quad-cab version for 2005 (automatic transmission only).

Makes it a little unique. I see alot of Corvettes around, but my SRT-10 is the only one I've seen, so far.

Damn thing is a real brute - sheet-metal pit-bull.

The only thing I wouldn't like about it would be not knowing what it would be worth in 5 years. A '99 Lightning w/ 20k miles can now be had for $20k. I doubt the SRT 10's value will drop that much though.

Also, I seen a Ram going down the highway last night that I thought for sure was the an SRT 10. But it was just the new Hemi Sport. It looked good but might confuse some as to what it actually is. I did see a silver SRT 10 going north down I-65 in Louisville, at about 90mph +.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you want to go fast and pull something, get a diesel.  There is a 6700lb 2002 Dodge Ram Cummins 4x4 in Bowling Green, KY that has ran in the high 10's.  2 more in Georgia right behind it.  There is a F350 crewcab long bed with a Cummins out west that ran a 10.58 last weekend.  And all of these are street leagle with a roll cage.  So any truck can go fast with a little motivation and $$.

I was at Beech Bend this weekend, I was the only one in the grandstands sunday. There were two fast diesels out there when I was there in July.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll still take the Typhoon.
www.fast-autos.net/gmc/gmctyphoon.html
0-60 in 4.8 seconds, in AWD

Lightning
www.fast-autos.net/ford/01fordlightning.html
0-60 in 5.2 seconds

SRT-10
www.fast-autos.net/dodge/dodgesrt10.html
0-60 in 4.9 seconds

and if you want to talk about modding ability, the Typhoon has been around for 10 years and there are tons of aftermarket parts.  Not to mention you can pick one up in pretty damn good condition for around $13k.  If I wasn't driving so many miles every day and hi test gas didn't cost what it does I'd likely be driving one now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll still take the Typhoon.
www.fast-autos.net/gmc/gmctyphoon.html
0-60 in 4.8 seconds, in AWD

Lightning
www.fast-autos.net/ford/01fordlightning.html
0-60 in 5.2 seconds

SRT-10
www.fast-autos.net/dodge/dodgesrt10.html
0-60 in 4.9 seconds

and if you want to talk about modding ability, the Typhoon has been around for 10 years and there are tons of aftermarket parts.  Not to mention you can pick one up in pretty damn good condition for around $13k.  If I wasn't driving so many miles every day and hi test gas didn't cost what it does I'd likely be driving one now.

.............make sure you carry a good mechanic with you each time you get down on the throttle
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As long as they don't canel the Excursion....

Didn't Ford cancel the Excursion last year.

There is a 2005 model.  We'll see if it's around in 2006.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i would too if i knew i had to compete with the Dodge SRT-10

EXACTLY

Do you know what you are talking about? An L with less than 1k in mods will SMOKE an SRT-10 all day long. The SRT-10 is an overhyped tank. They are not that fast, esp for 500 hp. Not that I dont like them. But the hard to master 6-spd and limited traction makes for slow 1/4 mile times. I think the fastest I have seen was a high 13

You clearly DON'T know what you are talking about.  When you are old enough to drive, come back and talk cars with the big boys...until then, STFU.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY

Do you know what you are talking about? An L with less than 1k in mods will SMOKE an SRT-10 all day long. The SRT-10 is an overhyped tank. They are not that fast, esp for 500 hp. Not that I dont like them. But the hard to master 6-spd and limited traction makes for slow 1/4 mile times. I think the fastest I have seen was a high 13

You clearly DON'T know what you are talking about.  When you are old enough to drive, come back and talk cars with the big boys...until then, STFU.

If you spend your $1k wisely, and its a real world race, it's possible. I think an auto is better for racing in a straight line anyway.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY

If you spend your $1k wisely, and its a real world race, it's possible. I think an auto is better for racing in a straight line anyway.

If the lightning had manual, it would smoke the srt. I mean the srt is only3/10 sec faster with an extra 170 hp.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As long as they don't canel the Excursion....

I hate Excursions since one tried to come through my car door at me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hell Yea. I have about 12 vids of them racing. Maddog,HVAC,etc.  Fuck gas motors. What else gets 21mpg and runs 11:20 @122 mph and weighs 7500lbs. Bitches!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY

An auto is more consistant, that is true.  But for someone good on the stick, they can bang gears on a manual just as well.  As far as spending a grand in mods, a pair of complete T3s or TO38s from the boneyard ($200),  a set of good street stickies ($3-400), air inlet plumbing ($100-150), misc. lines to supply oil and boost reference to ECU ($50-75), 10 gallons of VP C-12 ( around $80-90).  Lightning becomes no contest in the quarter.  Of course, you'd have to have good mechanical and fabricating knowledge to pull that off, or take a lot of time reading and measure twice, cut once.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top