BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Destroying them is probably better than selling them for profit though in that it takes away any incentive from certain departments who may otherwise loosely interpret "racing" in order to generate more revenue.

That's exactly what I thought.

Additionally the cars are not street legal and the Municiplality would have to convert them back to a street legal configuration prior to selling them.  Not worth the cost. Spend 6K on OEM parts to make a 5K civic or Mustang street legal again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Police target deadly races in Valley streets

By Jason Kandel
Staff Writer

VAN NUYS -- In the latest crackdown on street racing, police arrested 12 people during an illegal gathering early Wednesday and seized two souped-up Ford Mustangs, which they vowed to destroy.

The stepped-up effort came after the deaths Friday of two Valley Christian School seniors, both 17, in a street-racing crash in Sun Valley.

Acting on a tip, police from the Valley's auto-theft detail and traffic division, including some working undercover, descended on the 8000 block of Haskell Avenue just after midnight Wednesday and found 35 carloads of people lined up to watch and participate in races. Officers videotaped the event, then swooped in to make the arrests.

Along with two drivers, who were not immediately identified, police arrested the flagman and nine spectators, including five minors.

"This is a dangerous, dangerous activity," said Capt. Greg Meyer, who commands the Los Angeles Police Department's Valley Traffic Division. "It's dangerous for the people involved. It's dangerous for innocent bystanders.

"There's been a lot of fatalities, there's been a lot of major traffic collisions, and the public's tired of it," Meyer said. "The police and the Fire Department are tired of picking up the bodies, so we are cracking down on street racing."

The five minors were cited and released to their parents. The other spectators were issued $50 citations.

The drivers were booked into the Van Nuys Jail on suspicion of engaging in street racing, and the flagman was booked on suspicion of aiding or abetting. Bail was set at $10,000 each.

After the arrests, police seized the Mustangs under a new Los Angeles city code that allows destruction of "nuisance vehicles." If found guilty, the motorists face a minimum of 10 days in jail, a fine of $900, driver's license suspension and higher insurance rates.

"We're sending the message that if you street-race in L.A., it will not only cost you a couple hundred dollars for a speeding ticket, but it will cost you your car, and it will be destroyed," said Lt. Steve Allen of the Valley Traffic Division.

City Councilwoman Wendy Gruel, who sponsored the ordinance, lamented the fact that street-racing continues.

"You can die by drag racing. We're not going to give up on this until it stops."

Police said the Mustangs confiscated in Wednesday's raid had illegal racing slicks and nitrous-oxide fuel systems that can propel the cars up to 130 mph.

The City Attorney's Office staff has seized seven cars used in speed contests since the new law became effective, said office spokesman Frank Mateljan. Next Wednesday, police intend to destroy the first car, a Camaro, seized under the new law last year.

The raid came four days after Nicholas Roth and Christopher Oliver were killed and Michael Lee, also 17 and a senior at Valley Christian, was critically injured in a street race. Police said Roth and Lee were passengers and Lee was driving when he lost control of his Chevrolet Camaro, which veered into opposing traffic and crashed head-on into a pickup truck in the 9900 block of La Tuna Canyon Road in Sun Valley.

Lee, who underwent brain surgery at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, could face charges in the deaths of his friends and for the injuries, described as moderate, to the pickup truck driver.

Police were seeking the driver of another pickup truck -- a light-blue Ford F-150 -- who might have been racing Lee, but who fled after the crash.

Friends of the dead teens, both former football players, were expected to hold a memorial service Saturday before Village Christian's football game against Montclair Prep.

Just a month before the two deaths, Aram Aleksanyan, 19, of Van Nuys was fatally injured when he lost control of his speeding car, which slammed into a tree and ricocheted off two parked cars that burst into flames on Victory Boulevard near Friar Street in Woodland Hills.

Police said Aleksanyan was racing Louis Blaine Rodgers, 24, of Reseda, who was arrested and faces charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.

Traffic-related deaths in the Valley have jumped 17 percent, totaling 69 so far this year, compared with 59 in the same period last year.

If this activity is so dangerous, why did they allow it to take place while they video taped it.
Do the police in L.A. also video tape bank robberies  while they are in progress?

Oh yeah, CALIFORNIA SUCKS ! ! !

Short answer. Yes.

Long answer.  I have followed many robbery crews until they commited a robbery in my presence, then arrested them as they exited the store/bank they just robbed. The tactic has been criticized by "civic leaders" though because sometimes the robbers decide to violently resist rather than surrender.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are missing the point - those cars are DANGEROUS.  Ban them!!!  DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

(Someone had to say it)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]
It's for the Children.

BTW - It's just the city of Los Angelesistan, not the whole state.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's for the Children.

BTW - It's just the city of Los Angelesistan, not the whole state.

Hah!! Beat you by 30 seconds!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hah!! Beat you by 30 seconds!

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats almost as crazy as destroying guns insted of selling them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Once again, let's punish the inanimate object for the actions of its owner.  Jeesh, when will it end Lord, WHEN?  

I guess it won't be too long that NO car tagged in Kali will be capaple of going over 65mph.  THAT should be fun!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
You notice it's the whining crybabies from out of state that have their heads so far up teir asses they are talking out their navels that are complaining about this??

As  usual the bitches I mean bitchers are complaining about old news.  Yes Gentlemen old news.

As noted there are a variety of tracks available at ridiculously low or no cost for them to run on.  YES, the taxpayer is helping pick up the tab on the tracks.

Taking videotapes first?? What a shock, I guess you would rather they arrest them BEFORE they raced???

The reason it's legal for them to be impounded is because we the people have decided and authorized via our duly elected representatives that we don't want their idiot asses racing on the sreets and killing innocents (or guilty) anymore.  That's the interesting part about the country we live in. If a certain group is killing people at a rate we disapprove of we can come up with a way to stop the problem, or we could could just drag them out of the cars and shoot them.

There are just under 2 million people living in a 345 sq. mile area, that's pretty crowded to be street racing in when there are a lot of legal places available.  Notice there were 80 people killed mentioned in the article, that's just in the Los Angeles city portion of the Valley.  Our local LAJBT can probably tell us how many of them were street racing related.  I expect it was close to half.

Yeah, we have strict exhaust systems laws, but that's what happens when you get 16 million people living in SoCal where we have a natural propensity to smog problems.  If you'ld lived here when we had a quarter of the people and horrendous smog problems, you'ld probably be happy with them too.  But it's a lot easier to be ignorant and a whiner.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
When the anti's ask you why you need a Barrett .50 in Kali, tell them you are engaging in your civic duty of stopping illegal street racing!

40 MPH
50 MPH
65 MPH
80 MPH
104 MPH
113 MPH (lock bolt)
120 MPH (relax, and breathe out)
135 MPH (FIRE!!!!)
0 MPH (crunch)

No, I'm not advocating you do this, although it really would be kinda fun. Maaaa kar want starrrt no mawr!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
illegal racing slicks?  they might want to check if they are the DOT approved street slicks

Wouldn't be surprised if they were.  Schoolmate was ticketed for his "illegal racing slicks" by one of the local single bullet hall monitor bullyboys.  The judge wasn't too pleased with Barney when my friend rolled in his DOT approved, state vehicle inspection spec+ treaded tires into the courtroom followed with about a half dozen witnesses to the ticketing.    
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
illegal racing slicks?  they might want to check if they are the DOT approved street slicks

Wouldn't be surprised if they were.  Schoolmate was ticketed for his "illegal racing slicks" by one of the local single bullet hall monitor bullyboys.  The judge wasn't too pleased with Barney when my friend rolled in his DOT approved, state vehicle inspection spec+ treaded tires into the courtroom followed with about a half dozen witnesses to the ticketing.    

That wouldn't happen to have been in MO, would it?  'cuz I can name about a dozen officers out of a department of 15 that would fit the description of your 'barney'
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
So the cops video taped the race, and went in when it was over and arrested the people then.  Some kinda protection huh? Lets wait til everything is all said and done to stop this. Great police work Barney Fife. And Jesus Christ, not getting the truth about the cars. Propel to 130mph with nitrous and slicks. If my 04 Mach 1 had that im sure i could break 180. Hell, ive done 150mph stock in my Mustang. These people need to get their heads out of their asses. 150 stock
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess Kalifornia thinks drunk driving is less of a crime that street racing right??? I mean, let's face it, they aren't destroying cars that belong to impaired drivers are they? Why not? They should destroy anything inanimate that was involved in a crime, any crime. If someone robs a liquor store they should destroy the gun he used, the shirt he was wearing, and the shoes he used to run away in right? They should also destroy the car he used to get away and then destroy any house or dwelling he took refuge in after the robbery. That would make sense wouldn't it?

Really, seriously, what about drunk drivers, why is street racing more dangerous that some guy whacked out on 15 beers driving an Excursion down the 405 doing 75mph in traffic??? Isn't that dangerous too? Why not destroy the Excursion?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I guess Kalifornia thinks drunk driving is less of a crime that street racing right??? I mean, let's face it, they aren't destroying cars that belong to impaired drivers are they? Why not? They should destroy anything inanimate that was involved in a crime, any crime. If someone robs a liquor store they should destroy the gun he used, the shirt he was wearing, and the shoes he used to run away in right? They should also destroy the car he used to get away and then destroy any house or dwelling he took refuge in after the robbery. That would make sense wouldn't it?

Really, seriously, what about drunk drivers, why is street racing more dangerous that some guy whacked out on 15 beers driving an Excursion down the 405 doing 75mph in traffic??? Isn't that dangerous too? Why not destroy the Excursion?

hear hear!!
I am told that some of these vehicles are automatic too!!! what do people need fully automatic cars for? can't they drive without an automatic? it's just that much easier to kill someone with a vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
SUE THE INDUSTRY! HAMMER THEIR CARS ON THE ANVIL OF LEGISLATION!

Fuck off commies. I go summin for you in my trunk...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I guess Kalifornia thinks drunk driving is less of a crime that street racing right???

No, in fact DA's in Cali take drunk driving and domestic violence more seriously than just about anything else.

Do you presume that the street racers are all sober? thats contrary to my experiances. They like their alcohol as much as the next guy, and if we are talking ricers, they love their pot, X, and cocaine too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember, its only illegal if you get caught...
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#19]
what about due process?
what about the lien holder?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#20]

If this activity is so dangerous, why did they allow it to take place while they video taped it
- For proof in order to get convictions in courts that are more than happy to let people walk. With video footage, it is no longer defendant's word vs officer's word.

I think its amusing how people think that just taking the suspect's license will solve the issue. I have yet to see revoking someone's license prevent them from driving.  A good portion of the people you see driving around are revoked or dopnt have a license at all.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

San Diego PD is putting on training classes throughout southern Californias on identifying aftermarket /modified parts and determining if they are DOT/CARB approved. Locally, when the cops cite for those type of violations they document everything including photographing the modifications.

Give me a friggin break!!!
You can not eyeball a CARB approved part.  I have a heavily modified '87 mustang GT.  My heads do carry a CARB-OE #, but it's not printed on them anywhere.  My headers had one on the, but it fell off.  My intake is a COBRA that was OEM on the 93 cobra.  My cam is NOT CARB-OK, but i managed to pass SMOG anyhow!!!  MY DAMN SUPERCHARGER IS EVEN CARB-OE but the damn towel heads at the pass or don't pay wouldn't touch it so I had to take it to chevron to smog it last time.  She was clean as hell even with the pig of a cam I have.
OHHH AND NITROS OXIDE IS LEGAL FOR STREET USE!!!

On the subject of taking cars for street racing...
#1  California has had a law for years now that a car can be confiscated and sold if caught street racing... I believe this falls under some larger law pertaining to any felony arrest in a vehicle can cause confiscation.
#2  I don't agree that should be legal.  Not too many years back I would get together with a small group of 30 to 50 friends and we would roll out to a very very low use road miles from any houses and meet up with anwhere from 50 to 300 more people and we would have our own friday and saturday night races.  We would see cars from 200hp to 1000hp... and there were always great races.... then the cops would always show up.  I even got a ticket once for "aiding and abetting" one night before I had my mustang.  I got the ticket simply because I had a 4D cell mag light with me.  I got out of the ticket because the cop knew I didn't do anything, he didn't see me do anything, and couldn't prove I did anything.  Had he been able to pin that "aiding and abetting" ticket on me I would have got my first racing ticket, probably had my jeep (yea I drove a damn Jeep 4x4) taken away, had a felony on my record, and fined up the wazooo all before I even owned my first fast car.  We used to go through all the trouble of driving 40 minutes to 1 hour into no mans land to semi safely race other people.  After the cops started "cracking down" on us we all simply stopped going out there and got our "need for speed" kicks racing stupid old men in their new Vettes and Vipers on the street.  Say what you will, but the cops need to back off when we are willing to go somewhere that avoids general public for our street racing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

San Diego PD is putting on training classes throughout southern Californias on identifying aftermarket /modified parts and determining if they are DOT/CARB approved. Locally, when the cops cite for those type of violations they document everything including photographing the modifications.

You can not eyeball a CARB approved part.  .

You greatly underestimate the knowledge of the traffic geeks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]
It's bullshit that you can lose your civil rights over a contest of speed. I will go so far as to say thats unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Guess its too much to ask people to actually pay attention to and obey traffic laws.  Of course the poor street racers are the victims in this great travesty.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AR15fan, I dare your traffic geeks to find CARB info on my headers. My intake has it on it, IIRC. Hell, I live in WA but CA is such a big market that all my stuff came with pamphlets about the CARB stuff.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess Kalifornia thinks drunk driving is less of a crime that street racing right???

No, in fact DA's in Cali take drunk driving and domestic violence more seriously than just about anything else.

Do you presume that the street racers are all sober? thats contrary to my experiances. They like their alcohol as much as the next guy, and if we are talking ricers, they love their pot, X, and cocaine too.

Are they destroying drunk drivers' cars out there yet? If not, my point still stands.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So the cops video taped the race, and went in when it was over and arrested the people then.  Some kinda protection huh? Lets wait til everything is all said and done to stop this. Great police work Barney Fife. And Jesus Christ, not getting the truth about the cars. Propel to 130mph with nitrous and slicks. If my 04 Mach 1 had that im sure i could break 180. Hell, ive done 150mph stock in my Mustang. These people need to get their heads out of their asses. 150 stock

My 03 GT tops out at 120 before the the speed limiter kicks in.  Your telling me the 04 mach's aint got a speed limiter?  Man i feel cheated

lol 130 with NoS? he must have had about 2k pounds of concrete in his trunk or two really big womenz in the back seat.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 03 GT tops out at 120 before the the speed limiter kicks in.  Your telling me the 04 mach's aint got a speed limiter?  Man i feel cheated

lol 130 with NoS? he must have had about 2k pounds of concrete in his trunk or two really big womenz in the back seat.

My Lightning will do at least 137

Actually they say it will do 147, but thats magazine racing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I see Kerry's next plan for this. A slot in the dash for your drivers liscense that reads the strip on the back. Depending on age, it sets the RPM limit, speed limiter, and the clock turns off the car after 9:00 pm. When you speed it automatically sends the info to city hall and you get a ticket by mail. Now go hide your liscense before your teen son uses it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
The GT has a speet limiter?!? WTF
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Hell I broke 140 in the Crown Vic and the Impala, I had plenty of pedal left in the Impala.

I need to go race the car again, its been awhile.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#34]
One of the things that bothers me is that you can get a ticket for just watching.  My buddy lives near a place where street racers like to gather.  If I was going to his house and saw a crowd, I might stop to watch the action.  If I watch a bank being robbed, they would probably give me the death penalty.

I never raced, but I knew guys that did.  When I was 19 I had a hopped up Chevy Nova 350.  They must be talking about 130mph in a 1/4 mile, because 130mph was a slow top speed 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]
whine whine wwhine cry cry cry oh boo hoo hoo.  Look what they are doing over there.  

You don't like it stay the hell out of CA but keep your pissing and moaning to your pissant selves.  If you can't be smart, then pay the price
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#36]
WOW 130? I'm just in SHOCK and AWE on those SUPER HIGH speeds! I mean, my car can't get past 148 before the governor kicks in.. oh, wait.. 148 > 130.. nevermind.

I must drive an assault vehicle.

ETA: mine is a H-4 2.5L
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#37]
All the issues of whether or not it's right for them to be able to steal 5-50 thousand bucks from the racers aside, would this not just make people more prone to run from the police in a extreme high speed chase and be MUCH more dangerous (usually) than the race was?  

If they're going to charge people with a felony, take with no compensation a multi thousand, even tens of thoudands dollar car for racing, that's just going to encourage running IMO.  The racing will continue only there will be more incentive to run from the police.   Hell, I'd run in that situation...  Of course if they've videotaped/photographed your license plate and such you're screwed, but then again you wouldn't know that already most likely...

With very few exceptions I don't like the idea of the government seizing property, especially stuff like a car or house...  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
All the issues of whether or not it's right for them to be able to steal 5-50 thousand bucks from the racers aside, would this not just make people more prone to run from the police in a extreme high speed chase and be MUCH more dangerous (usually) than the race was?  

If they're going to charge people with a felony, take with no compensation a multi thousand, even tens of thoudands dollar car for racing.  The racing will continue only there will be more incentive to run from the police IMO.   Hell, I'd run in that situation...  Of course if they've videotaped/photographed your license plate and such you're screwed, but then again you wouldn't know that already most likely...

Hell, if they had me for felony street racing, whats the big deal about trying out for Evading an Officer?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

If they're going to charge people with a felony, take with no compensation a multi thousand, even tens of thoudands dollar car for racing.  The racing will continue only there will be more incentive to run from the police IMO.   Hell, I'd run in that situation...  Of course if they've videotaped/photographed your license plate and such you're screwed, but then again you wouldn't know that already most likely...

Police have been barred from becoming involved in high speed chases in CA due to the possibility of damage.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#40]
I agree 100 per cent ,and think the same thing should be applyed to drunk drivers!!!

You ain't got no right nor business on the roads with the rest of us people just trying to get to work and back!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:24:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they destroying drunk drivers' cars out there yet?

Yes, if they continue to drive after their DUI arrest.  I referred to the destruction of cars habitually driven by suspended drivers earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#42]
California needs to have a street race care buy back program to get those cars out of the hands of the civilian population.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:05:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Yeah, we have strict exhaust systems laws, but that's what happens when you get 16 million people living in SoCal where we have a natural propensity to smog problems. If you'ld lived here when we had a quarter of the people and horrendous smog problems, you'ld probably be happy with them too. But it's a lot easier to be ignorant and a whiner.

If that shit were contained within California you probably wouldn't hear so much bitching. As it is every law passed in your beloved state spreads outward like a plague. Keep your air nazi laws in Cali and I won't bitch.

How do you Californians put up with the BS mindset of your politicians?  

I truly feel sorry for you folks.  

Oddly enough I don't street race in LA ... problem solved.

Great reasoning Paul! I don't onw one of thos nasty assault rifles so I don't care if they take them all and meth them. Problem Solved.      Some arguement, same flaw.

PaDanby
whine whine wwhine cry cry cry oh boo hoo hoo. Look what they are doing over there.

You don't like it stay the hell out of CA but keep your pissing and moaning to your pissant selves. If you can't be smart, then pay the price

See above, in case you missed it....Keep your ignorant fucking laws in your GOD Damned communist state and nobody would bitch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:13:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So, do these cars get destroyed before or after the driver is convicted of a crime? If it's before, aren't the owners being deprived of property without due process?

Good question.  I'll attempt to answer it. There are other types of due process than criminal trials. For example, CVC 14602.1(a) allows/requires impounding a vehicle for 30-days if it is driven by an unlicensed or suspended driver.  the R/O is sent a copy of the paperwork, which includes and explanation of the appeal process. If he chooses to fight the impound, he request a hearing with the hearing officer where a determination is made following the hearing.  That's "due process."

All the time. Haven't we all heard sotries about civil forfieture in which an unconviceted defenant is encouraged not to contest the civil forfieture of his property in exchange for reduced/dropped criminal charges?

We ought to be ashamed of ourselves for letting this happen in our nation. It would seem we have been unable to keep the Republic we inherited.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Hmm so when do they start sueing the car makers over this shit and try to hold them responcible for the actions of individuals like they do to the gun industry???
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:43:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yeah, we have strict exhaust systems laws, but that's what happens when you get 16 million people living in SoCal where we have a natural propensity to smog problems. If you'ld lived here when we had a quarter of the people and horrendous smog problems, you'ld probably be happy with them too. But it's a lot easier to be ignorant and a whiner.

If that shit were contained within California you probably wouldn't hear so much bitching. As it is every law passed in your beloved state spreads outward like a plague. Keep your air nazi laws in Cali and I won't bitch.

How do you Californians put up with the BS mindset of your politicians?  

I truly feel sorry for you folks.  

Oddly enough I don't street race in LA ... problem solved.

Great reasoning Paul! I don't onw one of thos nasty assault rifles so I don't care if they take them all and meth them. Problem Solved.      Some arguement, same flaw.

PaDanby
whine whine wwhine cry cry cry oh boo hoo hoo. Look what they are doing over there.

You don't like it stay the hell out of CA but keep your pissing and moaning to your pissant selves. If you can't be smart, then pay the price

See above, in case you missed it....Keep your ignorant fucking laws in your GOD Damned communist state and nobody would bitch.

Take your own fucking advice asshole and quit bitching it's here, not there, all the crybabies are from out of state like you, so stuff it.  If you can't keep your legislature from passing the laws that's your fucking problem not mine, go cry in your own beer.  When your PD starts enforcing LA and CA laws I'll feel sorry for you otherwise you're a fucking crybaby.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck California's bitch ass laws.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you'd like I'll send you some pictures of fully assembled aluminum heads... they all look the same.  Most of the aftermarket stuff does not have the damn CARB #s printed on them.  That's the problem.. most of the traffic geeks look under the hood see shiny parts and think "ILLEAGL"

Quoted:

If they're going to charge people with a felony, take with no compensation a multi thousand, even tens of thoudands dollar car for racing, that's just going to encourage running IMO.  The racing will continue only there will be more incentive to run from the police.   Hell, I'd run in that situation...  Of course if they've videotaped/photographed your license plate and such you're screwed, but then again you wouldn't know that already most likely...

With very few exceptions I don't like the idea of the government seizing property, especially stuff like a car or house...  

YES it does!!!  I've ran a few times and never got caught.  Even the pig gets pictures of your plates he needs to be able to ID YOU!  He has to be able to say "I dun seen the driiver wit maaah own too aayes." to the judge.

I really love pig... er cops.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top