Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Why cant i have police like that at my school? Between the door of the school, to my class, 6 people tryed to cram a bible in my hands. (true story sadly) Its like pop-up ads in the real world. To bad I dont have a pop up killer like mozilla does =\

(no im not trolling, i dont like people forceing thier beliefes on me)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In his day- Noah had to put up with the same problems.

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
Matthew 24:37 (also Luke 17:26)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh I've heard of Repent America and Michael Marcavage before and yes he's a rolling "dog and pony show" I'll find the story where he got arrested for trying to break up a town meeting not to long ago. But what troubles me is the lack of response from the "other side" on this. I first heard of this story on DU's civil rights board and even one of the gay DUers thought the bust was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
On July 21, Marcavage commandeered a Lansdowne, Pa., borough council meeting. He disrupted a public-comment session with off-topic Biblical remarks about homosexuals, including comments about gay Councilman Kevin Lee, and refused to relinquish the microphone. According to The News of Delaware County (Sept. 29):

"I went to him and appealed to him," [Police Chief Daniel] Kortan testified. "You had the microphone long enough. It's time to sit down and enjoy the meeting like the rest of the people or leave. He refused. They (council) asked him to go back on target with a question for council instead of just reading," Kortan testified.
The council president adjourned the meeting and council members and various members of the audience filed into the hallway area. "I told him, 'now you're leaving.' He asked, 'are you arresting me?' I said, 'not yet, but you're getting close.' He said, 'I must exercise my right of civil disobedience,'' Kortan testified. He removed Marcavage using "the fireman's carry," he testified
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
When we lived in Philly one sunday at my wifes church on Roosevelt Blvd some hispanic youth decided to throw rocks at cars in the parking lot.   When the police where called they informed the church that it would be a couple of hours before they came.  I dont miss Philly at all.

Its all about repentance.  Matt 18
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He removed Marcavage using "the fireman's carry," he testified

Whatever this guy's past is does not justify what the police did, or with charging everyone involved with a ton of felonies.

The main charachter here may be a total dweeb. That is not the point. The point is that he was expressing his religious faith in a public place IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE 1ST AMMENDMENT (peaceably assemble...) and was ARRESTED for doing so.

The crime was that this group was talking about Jesus in a public place, not stealing the microphone during a public hearing. They were charged with posessing "instruments of crime" for having Bibles and hymn books.

If you can't see a 1st ammendment violation here, you are (willfully) blind.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Then I read this shit and realize, we've come full circle and everything our ancestors fought for was for naught.

I'm in total agreement.  They came here to escape religious persecution.  But now if you're religious, you'll be prosecuted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Last night I spent about two hours going over The Declaration of Independence with my son for school.  Line by line we read together and then discussed the conditions in this country that led up to that historic document.

Then I read this shit and realize, we've come full circle and everything our ancestors fought for was for naught.

Tj

BTW, Don't let me deter from your moral discussion as the country burns down around your heads and yes I would feel the same way if it was the gay activists arrested and charged.  The who isn't as important here as the what.

I agree. What was the old saying about the Nazis? When they took the Jews, I said nothing. When they took the fundamentalist Christians I said nothing. When they came for me, there was no one left to object....

No Christian group has a right to assault homosexual activists for expressing themselves in a public place so long as they do so peaceably. If there was a Christian parade (Fat fargin chance with the ACLU around...) and homosexual activists wanted to hold up non-obscene banners and sing YMCA on the side of the street, they are perfectly within their rights to do so.

But if a Christian tries to do the equivalent, they are taken away in handcuffs.

I have news for you: Many of these lib organizations are NOT about promoting "rights" or "freedoms". They are Politically Correct Nazis seeking to crush all opposition to THEIR preferred position, using a false claim of moral superiority (remember that one?) to justify their "right" to take away every last freedom you have.

If you can't see this, then you need to wake up. It starts out like this, then develops into situations like in Sweeden where Gay activists go into churches every Sunday and wait for someone to preach something they don't like so they can have the pastor arrested. They did this to Ake Green and he is currently sitting in JAIL for daring to say:

"The Bible’s answer to the question: “Is homosexuality a genetic instinct?” It is not.

The Bible’s answer to the question: “Is it an evil force that plays games with people?" Yes, it is. And we must understand that it is that way.

Amen."

WAKE UP.

The freedom of association and of faith is KEY to our rights. If we can no longer SAY what we wish to say and THINK what we wish to think and BELIEVE what we wish to believe, then we are even worse off than slaves. At least a slave's right of independent thought is not taken away. At least a prisoner can believe with other prisoners that his imprisonment is unjust.

But these people would literally remove our ability to ever disagree with them, even in private gatherings with like-minded people all because they don't like what you think.

If we don't stand up to the PC forces, we will be made SLAVES of the PC forces.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Americans tend to think there are "levels" of sin.

"Sin" is "sin" and ALL OF IT seperates you from God. A Lie is just as bad as molesting a little girl.

The great thing is that ALL OF IT is forgiven all you have to do is REPENT and ask for forgigeness.

Gotta disagree with you on this. Yes, ALL sin separates us from God. But some sin separates us further than other. Christ explicitly declared something to the effect of "wo unto those who harm children, for it would be better that a millstone where hung about their neck and they were cast into the sea". The point, there are some sins that at so haneous that it requires more than a half-assed "I believe in Jesus" to aquire full redemption and spotlessness in God's eyes. Before you argue that, remember that God is merciful, but he is also JUST. Justice demands that the process of repentence be commeasurate with the crime. Just like in our [barely] just system, a murderer [usually] gets more time than a violator of traffic laws. Anyways... back to our regularly scheduled theological grudge match, wich = a waste of time and effort.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]

When someone shouts at another person " MY GOD SAYS YOU SHOULD DIE because of the way you live ."

To me it sounds alot like what I hear the for the muslim cleric when he talks about the US being the devil and we should die because we dont live like they do.

Both are dumbasses
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

When someone shouts at another person " MY GOD SAYS YOU SHOULD DIE because of the way you live ."

To me it sounds alot like what I hear the for the muslim cleric when he talks about the US being the devil and we should die because we dont live like they do.

Both are dumbasses

Nobody said that in this article. Nor does any Christian say that.

The Bible declares homosexuality a sin. But the Bible declares that Christ bore the sins of ALL men on his back, from the person who never said a bad word to the serial killer, Christ bore all of that sin. He longs to free people from the chains of sin.

Do homosexuals deserve to die? According to the Bible, yes. But so do idolaters, drunkards, adulterers, fornicators, lusters, liars, EVERYONE DESERVES TO DIE, MOST OF ALL ME!! . That is why Christ came and it says that it is not His will that any should perish, but that ALL should come unto repentence. Jesus died to manifest God's love to all mankind, and if we forsake sin and follow Him as Lord, we will be forgiven of our wrong and be with Him for all eternity.

THAT IS THE MESSAGE OF CHRISTIANITY. I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE PERVERTING THE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE INTO SOME SORT OF ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL CRUSADER'S MANUAL. THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF HATRED FOR SIN, BUT GREAT LOVE FOR THE PERSON WHO IS A SLAVE TO SIN. CHRIST DIED TO SET MEN FREE, AND HE SEEKS THEM OUT LIKE A GOOD SHEPARD SEEKS OUT LOST SHEEP.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that you have a right to only hear ideas you agree with and to never be told you are in sin and need a savior. You are certainly free to live as you wish, but I am equally free to implore you to give up such a lifestyle in public all I wish.

Freedom works both ways, and you must allow ideas you disagree with to be heard.

The difference between liberals and conservatives is that a genuine conservative will fight to protect the rights of people he does not agree with, whereas a liberal will seek to remove anyone's ability to do or say anything he doesn't like.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#14]
this whole country is a mess, and awash with things like this, right is wrong, and sinning is right in the eyes of the law, what a shame

time is running out, and the game is almost finished

Get Right With GOD!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#16]
JHC this thread is so Duh !

Jesus Freaks need to mind there own business, If they don't like pillow biters having a parade they should have there own parade ranting the sins of Gayness and not act like high and mighty brownshirted thugs throwing around Bible versus ...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Americans tend to think there are "levels" of sin.

"Sin" is "sin" and ALL OF IT seperates you from God. A Lie is just as bad as molesting a little girl.

The great thing is that ALL OF IT is forgiven all you have to do is REPENT and ask for forgigeness.

Gotta disagree with you on this. Yes, ALL sin separates us from God. But some sin separates us further than other. Christ explicitly declared something to the effect of "wo unto those who harm children, for it would be better that a millstone where hung about their neck and they were cast into the sea". The point, there are some sins that at so haneous that it requires more than a half-assed "I believe in Jesus" to aquire full redemption and spotlessness in God's eyes. Before you argue that, remember that God is merciful, but he is also JUST. Justice demands that the process of repentence be commeasurate with the crime. Just like in our [barely] just system, a murderer [usually] gets more time than a violator of traffic laws. Anyways... back to our regularly scheduled theological grudge match, wich = a waste of time and effort.

We agree, but it seems there is a misunderstanding of terms.

The bible say's God is light and in Him there is NO darkness. ZERO darkness. So if I sin and I'm seperated from God I'm in COMPLETE darkness with no light, ZERO light.

How much further away from light do I have to get to be in TOTAL darkness. It's either with God or no God there is no riding the fence. Any sin no matter how "little" it may seem to us COMPLETELY seperates me from God.

I agree that there are different levels of punishment or consequences for sins. That is perfectly clear in the Word of God.

But I think you'll agree with me, that sin is sin and all of it COMPLETELY seperates man from God and puts you into complete darkness not levels or shades of gray.

BTW, I don't hold a grudge against anyone here.

As I told livefreeordienh today in my IM to him, I smoked so much pot hin HS I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, I'm sure not able to keep 50K ARFCOM members and everything they've said to me positive or negative straight in my mind. Nor do I care to.

I also don't consider following the commands of my Lord and Savior a waste of time.

Matt 28:18-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
NIV

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
this whole country is a mess, and awash with things like this, right is wrong, and sinning is right in the eyes of the law, what a shame

time is running out, and the game is almost finished

Get Right With GOD!

Matt 24:4-14
4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, `I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
NIV
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"You should leave that fucked up state and move to a free one..."

Yeah, like western PA, which is like going to a different state.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Jesus Freaks need to mind there own business, If they don't like pillow biters having a parade they should have there own parade ranting the sins of Gayness and not act like high and mighty brownshirted thugs throwing around Bible versus ...

I hope the parade stops right in front of your house.  Make sure your kids are sitting on the front porch.  Know what I mean?

Funny you call other people freaks just fine and attempt to silence thier freedom of expression while ranting your own opinion.    I suggest you applaud the million mom marches as well, dont bother quoting that constitution thingy gun freak!!   The same paper that guarantees us the right to bear arms guarantees the right to be a Jesus Freak and show support for or opposition to social issues.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever this guy's past is does not justify what the police did, or with charging everyone involved with a ton of felonies.

The main charachter here may be a total dweeb. That is not the point. The point is that he was expressing his religious faith in a public place IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE 1ST AMMENDMENT (peaceably assemble...) and was ARRESTED for doing so.

The crime was that this group was talking about Jesus in a public place, not stealing the microphone during a public hearing. They were charged with posessing "instruments of crime" for having Bibles and hymn books.

My point was
1-all we know is what one side of this says
2-the leader of that one side has a history of disruptive/violent (violent is too strong-maybe tumultuous and disorderly)/bizarre behavior

this past history makes me suspicious that the police were justified in arresting these guys as their assembly may not have been "peaceable" I understand that you have intense feelings about homosexuality, but that doesn't mean that the homosexuals in this case were at fault, or that the "Christians" were not the root of the problem, thought that might be what happened.

Frankly the leader of this group sounds like a fruitloop, so I'm suspicious that he went there as a rabble rouser looking for confrontation, as he has done in the past.  Probably none of us will ever know for sure.

We will too, because they have video tape of the whole affair.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#23]
holy shit.

I didn't think I'd ever see the day.  I thought "Not in my lifetime" and "It can't happen here"

Good GOD!  If these convictions stand America is FINISHED. I mean wow. I cant believe it!

WHAT IS THIS, COMMUNIST RUSSIA?!?

My surprise by their arrest is only equaled by my surprise that there are any non politically correct christians left in Philadelphia...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope the parade stops right in front of your house.  Make sure your kids are sitting on the front porch.  Know what I mean?

Funny you call other people freaks just fine and attempt to silence thier freedom of expression while ranting your own opinion.    I suggest you applaud the million mom marches as well, dont bother quoting that constitution thingy gun freak!!   The same paper that guarantees us the right to bear arms guarantees the right to be a Jesus Freak and show support for or opposition to social issues.  

Hey it's America , as long as they stay off the lawn and keep it in the public street they can do what they wan't.

These 11 JESUS FREAKS had no right to bust in on anyones event acting like righteous Thugs. How would you feel if loud mouthed obnoxious gay's crashed your public Christian event ????
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Forget the gay and Christian aspects and insert gun rights advocates and anti-gun rights advocates. Now, take a guess which side this police department woud arrest.  You can insert any two political opposing views you like and it still makes it no more right than it is.  

Sadly I see a day when we will look back on this thread and regret it.  To me this is no more than political policy being settled in the streets by people in uniforms representing the government.  This time it may be the right that takes the hit and the next time the left but ultimately it is all of us who lose our freedom.

Tj

Wrong answer!!  Essentiall yforget that the consitution guaratees bearing arms!    That its a fundimental bases for our society and automatically put it on par with somethign our founding fathers though repugnant and worthy of death.  Nope sorry I wont do that.

Your camparison is flawed and negates the fundmental rights guaranteed in nthe contitution and allows them to be repalced with just about anything.    Not valid!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey it's America , as long as they stay off the lawn and keep it in the public street they can do what they wan't.

These 11 JESUS FREAKS had no right to bust in on anyones event acting like righteous Thugs. How would you feel if loud mouthed obnoxious gay's crashed your public Christian event ????

Funny I dont remember any of the reports stating that the Christians at this rally where being laud and obnoxious thugs?   Where do you see that or you just decided they must be?    
Actaully at the national conventions of 3 of the largest denominations (ECLA, PCUSA, ECUSA)this year  and the last gay right groups protested out side and line the isles during the convention.  No one was arrested as I remember.  Hum what does that say?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#27]
omg people please.  Enough with the theology.

We need to DO something.  any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JohnWayne777.....I'm in agreement with you on this, as I said based on the side of the story I read. But make no mistake IS was a protest by Repent America against homosexuality and when you protest going to jail is part of job. If the cops tell you to leave and you don't, then they can arrest you. And for those who think that this just something that happens to Christains, there a bunch of ACT-UP people who get cuffed and stuffed for protesting as well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Are you sure that number is correct?  The lady I spoke to said I had the wrong department.  Wouldn't tell me who I could contact for information either...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
omg people please.  Enough with the theology.

We need to DO something.  any suggestions?

Actually I dont think I have quoted theology yet

The only thing you can do is stand up.   If your a person of faith make sure you are not silence by others who will try to negat your opinion simply because it is informed by among otherthings your faith.  "Jesus Freaks" why dot you just say nigger!   another silencing word meaning you are worthless and so is your opinion.  No differnt than faggot for example.

Get out and vote for good MORAL candidates.  Ya I think its important that they know right and wrong.

Write your elected officials and let them know your opinions.

Be active in your church(Yes this is exactly why you should have a church of your own.  To among other things support eachohter in our common beliefs.

Be cative in community and in the schools, Get on town council so you can express the need for "under God" to remain in the pledge at the begining of council meetings.
Get on the school board and PTA so that you can express you concern over the ommision of a Christain song at this years holiday recital and to oppose the introduction of a condom machine in the boys room.

Support such American and God fearing groups as the Boy scouts and girl scouts.  Watch what your children watch on TV and express concerns to the networks.

It sounds like allot but it only takes each citizent ot do thier part.   Picking up the phone is no less importand than picking up your miscket to ensure the future of this great nation.   "One Nation under God", "Endowed by thier creator" in "In God we trust" where put there for a reason.

P.S. Notice calling people Faggot, disrupting town meetings and being a "Thug" is not included.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have little doubt that the group that was arrested was ultimately the root of the disturbance by simply being there and proclaiming their views. Silly me, I thought peaceful assembly was guranteed by the consitution. I have little doubt that members of both groups have an activist record as long as my arm.

Still doesn't change the fact that the police took a side in the confrontation based on political thinking. If they had arrested both sides or just those who laid hands on others, I could give a shit. Instead the action was one sided with a clear political message

Forget the gay and Christian aspects and insert gun rights advocates and anti-gun rights advocates. Now, take a guess which side this police department woud arrest.  You can insert any two political opposing views you like and it still makes it no more right than it is.  

Sadly I see a day when we will look back on this thread and regret it.  To me this is no more than political policy being settled in the streets by people in uniforms representing the government.  This time it may be the right that takes the hit and the next time the left but ultimately it is all of us who lose our freedom.

Tj

Wrong answer!!  Essentiall yforget that the consitution guaratees bearing arms!    That its a fundimental bases for our society and automatically put it on par with somethign our founding fathers though repugnant and worthy of death.  Nope sorry I wont do that.

Your camparison is flawed and negates the fundmental rights guaranteed in nthe contitution and allows them to be repalced with just about anything.    Not valid!

What is this my week for getting newbies to take my post chop it up and only print the part that makes their point of view taking the whole thing out of context.

That is the point of the second and third paragraph.  IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!  

Personaly I don't give a shit that you find gays disgusting, so do I, but I will defend their right to peaceably assemble just as I am here for the Christians.  

Your reply negates your entire argument for you have allowed the political correctness of your own feelings to influence your post.

Tj

Ouch newby!! anyway Im sure that negates everything I have said.   As I poited out you took it out of context by removing it from the Christain Gay context.

I never said gays where disgusting and or that they did not have a right to asseble.   I was saying that both had a right to assemble.  You obviosly missed that do to your emotions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I thought that, historically speaking, sodomy and homosexuality were criminal offenses?    Don't most states still have laws against sodomites, and adulterers, too?
CJ

Nope.......Supreme court decision.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I thought that, historically speaking, sodomy and homosexuality were criminal offenses?    Don't most states still have laws against sodomites, and adulterers, too?

So why aren't those butt pirates in jail?

The world is turning upside down.   Those who are on the side of the light are being persecuted by the forces of darkness.     The status of a person is now DIRECTLY proportional to the number of commandments he breaks and the number of deadly sins he commits,  rather than his status being proportional to the number he OBEYS.      Or so it seems.

Maybe the guys in Salem had the right idea, speaking in broad terms.   Perhaps we need some form of Inquisition?

Certainly something's getting screwed up.   The prisoners are starting to run the jail.

CJ

Because even though a law is on the books, a Judge is swayed by personal beliefs to legislate from the bench.  Such as the lawful arrest for the crime of sodomy awhile back here in Tx that went all the way to the supreme court which struck down the state law.

Just like adultury laws... your wife can cheat on you all she wants now, but if you divorce her you still have to give her half of your stuff.  Even if she broke her marriage vows.

btw, someone help me find a number for the right police department please.  That one had a lady that didn't want to play ball...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

So why aren't those butt pirates in jail?

The world is turning upside down.   Those who are on the side of the light are being persecuted by the forces of darkness.     The status of a person is now DIRECTLY proportional to the number of commandments he breaks and the number of deadly sins he commits,  rather than his status being proportional to the number he OBEYS.      Or so it seems.

Maybe the guys in Salem had the right idea, speaking in broad terms.   Perhaps we need some form of Inquisition?

Certainly something's getting screwed up.   The prisoners are starting to run the jail.

CJ

Actaully many states still have sodomy laws and adultery laws.   But over time things have broken down.   For example my daughter and her husband are getting a devorce.  In some states it takes upwards of 6 months.   She meets a nice fella and in 5 months start dating.   I dont think is to far fetched, but one thing is for sure I dont want her soon to be ex bringing her up on adultery charges.    So when it comes down to someone else maybe not even in the same situation im not gonna be to keen on enforcing the law.   Im not saying its right but I think you can see the process.

Like wise this whole Gay marraige thing started with Lawrence vs Texas where a court struck down Texas's Sodomy law.   Now they stated the state has no bussiness in peoples bed rooms.  Make sense these days?   But it opened the can of worms.  
Now for years New Hampshire had gay Civil unions and it was no big deal.   No other states had any requirement to recognize such.    But Lawrence vs Texas showed the gay rights movement the courts could be used as an effective tool to knock down state laws and as seen month later circumvent the legislative process.   Heck now why settle for Civil Unions we want full recognition and to be able to adopt the "Right of Marraige" as our own there by instantly  legitimizing our status instantly in all American.

Bizzar?   I think so but its working.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#40]
we seriously need to overhaul the Federal Judiciary.  Chiefly, the appointment system.

Its broken. Always has been. 99.9% of the time from Jay onwards it has ruled in favor of increasing the power of the federal government.  Not surprising since its CHOSEN BY the federal government.

I'm not sure what should replace it... maybe chosen by state legislatures?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
we seriously need to overhaul the Federal Judiciary.  Chiefly, the appointment system.

Its broken. Always has been. 99.9% of the time from Jay onwards it has ruled in favor of increasing the power of the federal government.  Not surprising since its CHOSEN BY the federal government.

I'm not sure what should replace it... maybe chosen by state legislatures?

Agreed!!  That would probably work!!

But the arguement will be that by negating the supreme court you have allowed states to become judicially automomous.   In this case the Fair Faith and Credit clause would be invaldated and a persons marraige or adoption ect would not necesserily be valid in another state.

If I read this right.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#42]
this got kinda off topic...

anybody find the right police phone number yet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To me it sounds alot like what I hear from the muslim cleric when he talks about the US being the devil and we should die because we dont live like they do.

Both are dumbasses

Nobody said that in this article. Nor does any Christian say that.  

Why dont you Google " Christian hate fags "  I did and guess what seems like ALOT of Christian or people who proclaim to be Christians preach hate for those who do not tow the company line. Dont get me wrong I think you should be able to hate whomever you want. Homo's freak me out too BUT when you start proclaimimg things like EVERYONE DESERVES TO DIE you sound just like crazy cleric raghead ranting about the SINS of the US

The Bible declares homosexuality a sin. But the Bible declares that Christ bore the sins of ALL men on his back, from the person who never said a bad word to the serial killer, Christ bore all of that sin. He longs to free people from the chains of sin.

Do homosexuals deserve to die? According to the Bible, yes. But so do idolaters, drunkards, adulterers, fornicators, lusters, liars, EVERYONE DESERVES TO DIE, MOST OF ALL ME!! . That is why Christ came and it says that it is not His will that any should perish, but that ALL should come unto repentence. Jesus died to manifest God's love to all mankind, and if we forsake sin and follow Him as Lord, we will be forgiven of our wrong and be with Him for all eternity.

THAT IS THE MESSAGE OF CHRISTIANITY. I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE PERVERTING THE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE INTO SOME SORT OF ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL CRUSADER'S MANUAL. THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF HATRED FOR SIN, BUT GREAT LOVE FOR THE PERSON WHO IS A SLAVE TO SIN. CHRIST DIED TO SET MEN FREE, AND HE SEEKS THEM OUT LIKE A GOOD SHEPARD SEEKS OUT LOST SHEEP.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that you have a right to only hear ideas you agree with and to never be told you are in sin and need a savior. You are certainly free to live as you wish, but I am equally free to implore you to give up such a lifestyle in public all I wish.

Freedom works both ways, and you must allow ideas you disagree with to be heard.

The difference between liberals and conservatives is that a genuine conservative will fight to protect the rights of people he does not agree with, whereas a liberal will seek to remove anyone's ability to do or say anything he doesn't like.

I dont give a crap what ANYONE believes if you tell someone they should die because they have sinned you are brothers in arms with the crazy clerics

www.godhatesfags.com

This seems like a christian site
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#44]
I believe the bible says that in the end days Christians will be persecuted for their beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I dont give a crap what ANYONE believes if you tell someone they should die because they have sinned you are brothers in arms with the crazy clerics

www.godhatesfags.com/warning.gif

www.godhatesfags.com

If that is the case than all germans are Nazi's, All Russians Communist, all Muslims extremists and my personal favorite all evil featured rifle owners are terroists.

Thank you Mr. Kerry
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Let me paint a little picture for you of what you could say that would get you arrested for hate crimes.

You go out on a public street corner within speaking distance of a crowd of people.

You open up your Bible and read:

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Then:

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus christ our Lord."

The penalty for sin is death.  Everyone has sinned, therefore everyone will die without accepting Jesus' sacrafice!"

Then: "God considers homosexuality an abomination!" Leviticus 20:13 " And relations between same sex partners to be unnatural!" Romans 1: 26-27

That short little speech could apparently get you sent to jail on felony charges.  And the Bible would be your hate literature.  Those are direct quotes in perfect context.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.godhatesfags.com/warning.gif

www.godhatesfags.com

If that is the case than all germans are Nazi's, All Russians Communist, all Muslims extremists and my personal favorite all evil featured rifle owners are terroists.

Thank you Mr. Kerry

OR ALL HOMOSEXUALS ARE CHILD MOLESTERS

Thank you Christian Right
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Let me paint a little picture for you of what you could say that would get you arrested for hate crimes.

You go out on a public street corner within speaking distance of a crowd of people.

Then:

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus christ our Lord."

The penalty for sin is death.  Everyone has sinned, therefore everyone will die without accepting Jesus' sacrafice!"

Then: "God considers homosexuality an abomination!" Leviticus 20:13 " And relations between same sex partners to be unnatural!" Romans 1: 26-27

That short little speech could apparently get you sent to jail on felony charges.  And the Bible would be your hate literature.  Those are direct quotes in perfect context.

Then why isn't Fred Phelps in prison.....or just about any priest,minster after Sunday service.....and atlest 70 % of this board.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#49]
uh, you're the first one to say that here.

But let me ask you this.   Would you support allowing gay men who sodomize eachother routinely to adopt a child?

Just some sickening food for thought.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then:

Then why isn't Fred Phelps in prison.....or just about any priest,minster after Sunday service.....and atlest 70 % of this board.

obviously I meant in philadelphia.  and this is not the first time theyve done stuff like this either.  they've arrested this same guy for street preaching on the sidewalk before. go read up on the facts.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top