Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would put the numbers closer to 2000.
Mark

It's not many Mark and all those  .223's are 'straight pull' not semi auto… the serial number on my semi auto .22 AR is ……101!

Any more bans on firearms in the UK and I will be strongly tempted to move back to Ireland… then I can own a 9mm pistol to shoot in Northern Ireland!

Andy

I wouldn't go by serial numbers, one of my Bremmer lowers is...329.
Savage bought 400 sets of receivers from Parker Hale when they closed down.
He also makes his own receivers now.
Bob Clark makes his own receivers too and before that he used DPMS ones.
Olympic use their own receivers
Savage used to own a company called Creative Gunsmithing and there are quite a few of those about.
Then there's the Bushmaster ones, the ASA's and the Rock River ones.

I still say there's close to 2000 AR's. Semi auto or not, it doesn't matter, no point trying to belittle them because they don't have gas, they're still firearms.

I'm a competitive shooter first and foremost and therefore if all we can have is manually operated rifles then so be it. Nothing we can do to change that.
As long as the types of competitions that we shoot in are geared around the types of firearms that we have then it's not really a problem.

There would be no real advantage in shooting a semi-auto in comparison to a manually operated rifle in Practical Rifle, Service Rifle, Highpower etc.
Sure they're great fun but once the novelty wears off....they're just another firearm. I speak from experience. Same as machine-guns. And I've fired plenty of them.
If all you want to do is just shoot off a lot of ammo, then fine, but that's not for me.
Still wish I could have one here though, rather than having to keep mine in Norway as I do.

As for pistols....you can keep them. Been there and done that. Don't miss them one bit.
Not enough bang

Mark

I'm a rifle shooter
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny that the Brits begged for ANY rifle to be shipped over when it was getting grim and they were down to 3 Spitfires. They promptly tossed them in the channel when the war was over and then forgot how useful the guns would have been had the Jerrys invaded. Now they have built a nice walkway to France so no one has to get wet next time.

Enough Brit bashing- Now who has a Stella for the 'ol boy? Cheers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Feel free to respond to this email with your advice. Please keep in mind that I am something of an anglophile, so this is not confrontational. Please remember, too, that I am merely an American. That means I am not very bright. It means I have no culture or sense of history. It also means that I am barely literate, so please don't use big, fancy words.

Set me straight, folks!
Dayton, Ohio

WTF?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top