Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have an Airsoft Crane stock and it looks IDENTICAL...I see no difference in the two. Oh, sorry the gaskets one the Airsoft stock are a different color from the original. Many people here probably won't answer your questions...because they don't have the balls to face the possible flaming of buying the cheaper airsoft parts instead of the originals. So from what I have seen...they are nearly the same. Whether they are designed to take the punishment that could be dished out in a combat environment...I don't know. Never been to war....but my guns have been the range many, many times and they work just fine.

This has to one of the dumbest, most arrogant posts that I've read in awhile. Arrogance and stupidity are not a good combination. Maybe those cheap POS airsoft parts hold up fine for your bi-monthly trip to the range to fire 50-100 rounds at paper. If you had any real experience you would know not to brag or heaven forbid be arrogant about using them on a real weapon. They will most likely fail when you truly need them the most.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, buy Airsoft stuff.  Toy gun parts on a rifle that has the ability to inflict death is an EXCELLENT idea.   Its all about how cool it looks, and thus, how cool you look, especially to the other 12 years that infest this place lately.

Lumpy's the KING.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
please post pics when it explodes in your face.

mike

Bwahahahahahahah Do you think the orange kool aid that came out of my nose will stain my shirt?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Sometimes this board is so full of dickheads I lose count who's being ornery and who's just a dickhead.

I digress.

For non-critical parts, like stocks, scope mounts or even red dots, WHO FUCKING CARES IF THE THING WAS MADE FOR AIRSOFT!?!?!?!? If it works, it works. If it doesn't, well the guy's out his $30 for a collapsible stock. Does that have to spoil your day when someone uses an airsoft part on a firearm? Does it hurt your feelings, make your vagina burn? Does it have to warrant a shitty post you've made 1,000 times already?

There are hundreds of us, thousands of us, who use our AR's for nothing but fun guns and don't rely on them, abuse them or put them to their deaths in training drills. For us, an adequate part that works, saves us hundreds of dollars and makes us happy is a thing of joy.

I have a Knight's knockoff cantilever mount, that cost all of $20.00 holding up a $95 Tacpoint on my Bushy. Know what? They work good. Seriously. Very rigid, no problems or failures of any kind....and I've dropped the rifle a few times. Take the thing off, put it back on...holds zero! How is that possible!? Experts? Do I defy the gods?

I saved hundreds of dollars using airsoft parts, and for a plinker it's just the peaches. Am I wrong for doing this to a range gun? Do I not deserve to stand amongst you Delta-Seal-Team keyboard operators with a $200 mount holding up a $500 scope on a rifle that's primary function is to look pretty for show and tell pictures?

Ugh, every time these threads come up, the board seems to swell with arrogant pricks who seem to believe that the only way is theirs, the only use of a rifle is SHTF, and anyone who marches out of lock-step with the horde is a fool.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
anyone who marches out of lock-step with the horde is a fool.

HEY....GET BACK IN STEP FOOL. Check yoself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sometimes this board is so full of dickheads I lose count who's being ornery and who's just a dickhead.

I digress.

For non-critical parts, like stocks, scope mounts or even red dots, WHO FUCKING CARES IF THE THING WAS MADE FOR AIRSOFT!?!?!?!? If it works, it works. If it doesn't, well the guy's out his $30 for a collapsible stock. Does that have to spoil your day when someone uses an airsoft part on a firearm? Does it hurt your feelings, make your vagina burn? Does it have to warrant a shitty post you've made 1,000 times already?

There are hundreds of us, thousands of us, who use our AR's for nothing but fun guns and don't rely on them, abuse them or put them to their deaths in training drills. For us, an adequate part that works, saves us hundreds of dollars and makes us happy is a thing of joy.

I have a Knight's knockoff cantilever mount, that cost all of $20.00 holding up a $95 Tacpoint on my Bushy. Know what? They work good. Seriously. Very rigid, no problems or failures of any kind....and I've dropped the rifle a few times. Take the thing off, put it back on...holds zero! How is that possible!? Experts? Do I defy the gods?

I saved hundreds of dollars using airsoft parts, and for a plinker it's just the peaches. Am I wrong for doing this to a range gun? Do I not deserve to stand amongst you Delta-Seal-Team keyboard operators with a $200 mount holding up a $500 scope on a rifle that's primary function is to look pretty for show and tell pictures?

Ugh, every time these threads come up, the board seems to swell with arrogant pricks who seem to believe that the only way is theirs, the only use of a rifle is SHTF, and anyone who marches out of lock-step with the horde is a fool.

Do you spend the money you saved buying POS "Look cool - over pure function and reliability" parts on anti zit cream? The pure arrogance of you airsoft fools truly amazes me. You would have been better off sticking with the stock parts on your Bushmaster rather than installing POS copies. Looking cool is not the purpose of that Bushmaster, its a WEAPON. You might USE it for recreational purposes, but it’s still not a TOY. I personally don't believe a word of your dropping it and holding zero BS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are the ballistics on the Airsoft the same as on real guns?  

You can shoot people past 150 yards with the right set up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Read it again, but slowly.  I didn't say buy on brand.  Buy on SPECIFICATIONS.  Airsoft parts are not made to the same or similar specifications that quality rifle parts are.

Some of the M16 models out in the airsoft world can actually accept real handguards, stocks, and carrying handles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I digress.

Do you spend the money you saved buying POS "Look cool - over pure function and reliability" parts on anti zit cream? The pure arrogance of you airsoft fools truly amazes me. You would have been better off sticking with the stock parts on your Bushmaster rather than installing POS copies. Looking cool is not the purpose of that Bushmaster, its a WEAPON. You might USE it for recreational purposes, but it’s still not a TOY. I personally don't believe a word of your dropping it and holding zero BS.

Blow me, arrogant prick. You are the kind of person I hate the most, more than liberals, more than soccer moms, more than whiney art fags. You are a condescending cock-socket. I hope you get testicular cancer and spend your days in raging pain. You are the worst the gun community spews out....all knowing, vitriolic jackass.

My serious weapons are appointed with quality accessories (Streamlight, Trijicon, etc.), but my toys don't warrant it. I'm sorry that puts a knot in your girlie thong, assclown. As for my Tacpoint surviving abuse, that's not something I can or would prove to you. I know what it's withstood, and you wouldn't believe if I showed you video. Again, blow me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well anyone who thinks a scope mount is a non critical part may as well use airsoft shit. Course at the same time I don't understand why you didn't just duct tape the fucking thing in place.

A range gun is a non-critical firearm, what about that can't you wrap your head around? Not all AR's are for combat....not all of us can afford for our fun guns to be decked out equally with the very best. Some of us don't get dealer pricing on the gadgetry.

My serious guns are just that....serious. I have a Accuracy Intl. AWP, with rings and glass costing as much as the gun. That gun is for serious use, and I spent so that it would be trusted never to fail. Surprised?

My Bushmaster fungun is for taking to the range and shooting cans, clays and paper. It doesn't need, or warrant, or deserve the very best. Again, what about this confuses you? Are you borderline retarded or did someone beat you with a cheap Chinese scope until your festering hatred of low priced accessories ate your common sense away?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You are the worst the gun community spews out....all knowing, vitriolic jackass.

Trust me ASSCLOWN, the feelings mutual. I consider arrogant, not knowing any better and tooooo stupid to keep their mouths shut airsoft clowns to be the worst element on firearm boards. Notice I did not even include you in the "Gun Community" as you put it? Now run along back to mommys basement and play with your toys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well anyone who thinks a scope mount is a non critical part may as well use airsoft shit. Course at the same time I don't understand why you didn't just duct tape the fucking thing in place.

A range gun is a non-critical firearm, what about that can't you wrap your head around? Not all AR's are for combat....not all of us can afford for our fun guns to be decked out equally with the very best. Some of us don't get dealer pricing on the gadgetry.

My serious guns are just that....serious. I have a Accuracy Intl. AWP, with rings and glass costing as much as the gun. That gun is for serious use, and I spent so that it would be trusted never to fail. Surprised?

My Bushmaster fungun is for taking to the range and shooting cans, clays and paper. It doesn't need, or warrant, or deserve the very best. Again, what about this confuses you? Are you borderline retarded or did someone beat you with a cheap Chinese scope until your festering hatred of low priced accessories ate your common sense away?

I call offsetting penalities - because those were both kind of good burns.

My opinion - while there MIGHT be the occasional narrow and specific application where a toy part MIGHT be okay for a while on a real firearm, as a general principle, it is an incredibly idiotic idea.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I call offsetting penalities - because those were both kind of good burns.

My opinion - while there MIGHT be the occasional narrow and specific application where a toy part MIGHT be okay for a while on a real firearm, as a general principle, it is an incredibly idiotic idea.

I think your giving the airsoft clown way to much credit. Anybody can type BS about there "Serious" rifles. All he can prove is his arrogance, stupidity, and love for POS airsoft toys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Personal attacks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top