Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You now get Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) it replaced both the Basic Allowance for Quarter (BAQ) and the Variable Housing Allowance (VHA) for the area you lived.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for T_B_S.  Sounds like Tippie had plenty of time before being called up to build Mike's rifle.   At the very least the money should still be in an account somewhere.

Mr. Tippie lost my trust on a much smaller transaction; not because the delivery was late, but because his words did not match the facts of his actions.

I can hardly imagine the level of agravation it must have taken for someone as nice as Mike to take this bad deal public.

Good luck, Mike.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So when is this guy supposed to build this fucking M14?  In his BEQ room at night while he's traveling TDY  around the country training soldiers to have better marksmanship skills to use in the war?  Maybe he could put his work bench in his duffel bag and set it up on the pool table in the day room?

A lot of small businesses don't have a lot of cash on hand.  When the owner/operator/sole employee get's called to active duty it puts the owner in the bind of having NO FUCKING TIME to honor his commitments and NO READY CASH to pay back all pending business.

Luckily theres something called the Soldier and Sailor's Protective Act to somewhat keep the vultures at bay.  Unfortunately it can't keep the vultures silent, you can hear them wailing on the internet.

Soldiers are dying and being mutilated for the war.  Some Reserve and Guard Soldiers are going on deployments that ruin businesses, destroy finances and break marriages.

Soldiers are paying those kind of prices for the war, but Beer_Slayer can't wait 'till the end of Tippie's deployment and a little while after to get his fucking rifle, he wants it now, Tippies activated status be damned.  If the guy is trying to have his family subsist on a greatly reduced income then fuck it, maybe they should skip eating for a while.

This is a Support The Troops, Back The War website.  Bullshit!  You guys support the war but only if it causes you zero pain and you don't have to make any sacrifices at all.  I bet if you employed a Guardsman or Reservist you wouldn't do shit to protect his job if it cost you a buck or inconvenienced you in any way.

Shit , in WWII civilians put up with rationing and mobilization of all industry.  In the Global War On Terrorism civilians can't even be inconvenienced by a mobilized soldier.

All you band wagon fucks that pile on with no dog in the fight are the worst.  You need to just fuck off.

You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about, as concerns this situation.  Be quiet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So when is this guy supposed to build this fucking M14?  In his BEQ room at night while he's traveling TDY  around the country training soldiers to have better marksmanship skills to use in the war?  Maybe he could put his work bench in his duffel bag and set it up on the pool table in the day room?

A lot of small businesses don't have a lot of cash on hand.  When the owner/operator/sole employee get's called to active duty it puts the owner in the bind of having NO FUCKING TIME to honor his commitments and NO READY CASH to pay back all pending business.

Luckily theres something called the Soldier and Sailor's Protective Act to somewhat keep the vultures at bay.  Unfortunately it can't keep the vultures silent, you can hear them wailing on the internet.

Soldiers are dying and being mutilated for the war.  Some Reserve and Guard Soldiers are going on deployments that ruin businesses, destroy finances and break marriages.

Soldiers are paying those kind of prices for the war, but Beer_Slayer can't wait 'till the end of Tippie's deployment and a little while after to get his fucking rifle, he wants it now, Tippies activated status be damned.  If the guy is trying to have his family subsist on a greatly reduced income then fuck it, maybe they should skip eating for a while.

This is a Support The Troops, Back The War website.  Bullshit!  You guys support the war but only if it causes you zero pain and you don't have to make any sacrifices at all.  I bet if you employed a Guardsman or Reservist you wouldn't do shit to protect his job if it cost you a buck or inconvenienced you in any way.

Shit , in WWII civilians put up with rationing and mobilization of all industry.  In the Global War On Terrorism civilians can't even be inconvenienced by a mobilized soldier.

All you band wagon fucks that pile on with no dog in the fight are the worst.  You need to just fuck off.

(edited by EdSr.Please,keep insults and name calling out) .......... with no idea what you're talking about. And I DO know quite a bit more about it than you, as TBS is one of my best friends. I knew about all this way before it became public. TBS tried and tried to keep it private, but Tippie wouldn't even give him the courtesy of a "Fuck You". I for one am glad when someone helps me steer clear of wasting my very hard to come by firearms money on a lair and a cheat that is just gonna take it and give me nothing in return.

This man took money IN GOOD FAITH, spent it, refused to contact TBS when he inquired as to the progress of the rifle, LIED about paying the money back when it became apparrent he was not going to build the rifle, and now hasn't got the balls God gave a gnat to even have the common fucking decency to even Sack Up and tell TBS to go fuck himself after reneging on his promise to repay the money he took IN GOOD FAITH. Looks like he's thief AND a coward,  in my book.  Service to your Country does NOT excuse you from honesty and character. In fact, just the opposite...I have come to expect more from those that I know that serve and they do not disappoint.

TBS  has been WAY more patient than I woulda been with this asswipe. There is legal recourse avaliable, and for one would  prosecute the hell outta him...I cannot suffer liars, fools or theives.

Don't like me piling on? Tough shit.  TBS isn't the only onewho's had to deal with this,  either.

Tippie brought every single bit of this on HIMSELF, and has no one else to blame. Period.

SG
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Rapid,

I assue you I understand the commitment to the Corps and to all militarty personal.

A lot of what your reading  happened long before this person was deployed to duty.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=285378&page=1

Chill dude and open your mind to a few facts.

shamefull as it is.... he drug his wife into this mess too and she has had to deal with the mess he left.
possibly you should read up on a few fcts before you blindly support someone you dont know who hurts many people.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Again,
You don't know the facts.

hush while your ahead and before you step in it.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
So many times I've seen people on this board shout others down when a POS has been exposed as the POS that he is, just because that POS is serving (or had served) in the military.

Wake the fuck up. There are assholes every where on the planet. Just because you wear or at one time wore a uniform DOES NOT give you free reign to fuck people over.

I am more inclined to trust a serviceman, but if I was to get fucked over by one you can sure as hell bet I'd go after him as I would a worthless bleeding heart liberal who fucked me over.

Kerry served. Cleland served. Kerrey served. McCain served. Clark served. Benedict Arnold served.

You know what all of them have in common? They are all assholes. Just because they wore a uniform does NOT give them the right to do what they have done/said in the past or what they are doing/saying in the present.

T_B_S,
My feeling is that you won't get your money back, and that this POS will continue to cower. Good luck though.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad somebody knows WTF you are talking about.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#12]
What he said!  There are more assholes in the Service than are real men!  I don't know the percentages but just as in real life Men are just Men!

And as Sturn said in most cases the morgauge is usually paid,Presidents are just that,and no more!

Some are good and some are bad!!  To say that as a Marine his word is good or bad is very stupid!

He hasn't let the Corps down,just himself and Mike and everyone he has not dealt with!!

I would feel sorry for him,and not want to be him!

Imagine how he must feel!!!

I have no dog in this fight ,but lost manhood can never be reclaimed!!!

I'll not post in here about this again,cause Tippie doesn't need anymore unwanted and unneeded bad vibes!!!

Hope it gets worked out Mike!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I am going to state my peace about this weather you like it or not...

I know at one time Lew was building "THE" rifle in question. He had most parts in, but was still looking for good replacement parts to make it a good rifle. Why it took so long I don't know and for that I am sorry. If I had of known, I would have finnished it myself.
If there is anything I might be able to do IM me or send me an e-mail and we can talk about what I can try to dig up.

Pat
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
damn!!....just damn!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
here's a bump for you T_B_S in hopes that everything gets settled soon
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn,
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Rabid-c  When you are called up as a reservist the Gov pays your morgauge payment,and your empolyer pays your old job wages!  And you get your Military pay as well!!!

You telling me he couldn't have made good his Word with Mike?

I call BS!!

Bob

Not to hijack....but

I'm certainly not defending Tippie here, just stating the facts. When you are called up, the gov't pays you a zip code based average. Mine was $1526.00, my friend's in NYC(Staten Island) was $900. And that's only if you are married or can provide a lease agreement, which he didn't have. Bye bye apartment. Seldom do employers pay your wages. I have a municipal job and mine did with the caveat I hand over my military salary. Private employers don't, and are not obligated to. Again, same friend, no pay, cancelled his health insurance immediately upon going on active duty. Another guy in my unit, same employer as my friend, 70K a year gone, no insurance, unless he wanted to come up with the $1400 a month for the COBRA payments to continue family health insurance. He couldn't afford that. Onto military health insurance, and the only available point of care was a nearly two hour drive to West Point.

All that said, unless you are deployed, you have access to phones, computers to shoot out AN e-mail or two on every base in the nation, and most OUTCONUS ones too.

The trail of pissed people goes a bit further back than a recent TDY activation. And TDY pay pretty damn good, especially at the "O" grades! The per diem is through the roof! So he should have made damn good on his word.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Well Sherm then kudos goes to Wallgreens whom paid full pay for all the months she spent in Iraq!

My daughter went because another Sarg became pregnant and could not go!  She stepped up and went when they offered her a staff sargents grade!

When she was being deployed we were there to see her off,Me her mother, her step dad and step mother!

I and her husband looked her rifle over(an FN M16) they were going to be deployed and were told  to put the bolt carrier and charging handle into there BDU pockets!!!

I say hell no put the charging handle back in the rifle keep the bolt in  your pants!

You bend the charging handle you are out of business!!

Some poor guy had spent a little too long with his family and was last on the buss and some wanna be Captian made hin do twenty push ups with us bad core parents  yelling really bad things about his parenting!!!

Hell what are they gonna do send you to Iraq?

But some Companies do keep your job open for you and pay your exact pay while you are gone!

But the downsize is that now she has to go to training classes to really make her the Sarg that she made on the down low!

And after spending a year there,she thinks she might want to re-enlist!!!!

She is a M88 Heavy truck driver(not a good thing to be) the last tour six of her driver friends had Iraqis hanging on the trucks grabing the girl breasts!

They got to camp and the girls asked Poppy(SGT Poppy) did they try to grab you too she just put the barrel of her M16 in thier face and said  NOOOO!!!!

When she got there they were not ready for them they spent three months hanging under the sides of there transports!  

Then they finally got plywood and canvois tents with A/C!

I don't want to see her go back again!

My great Grandfather was in the Ill Volentreers,my Grandfather in WW1 and the Suez canal crisis,

My Father 7Th Cav Germany, Me Cold war Korea 64,younger brother two tours Nam(Marine Corps)

And now my only Daughter Iraq!

So this is really beyond money and such!   My daughter gets paid a lot to be there,but is it enough for the risk of tempting fate?

Bob

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#23]
good luck TBS
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#24]
All Companies have to do when you are called up is to restore you to your job, or what you probably would have become if you had stayed when you get back.  For example in a Union environment, it's easy you find the guy that was above you on the seniority list and the guy below you.  where are they?  Bingo, you go somewhere between them.  If both laid off you're SOL.  

If they so desire they can continue full pay and benefits, differential pay and benefits, or no pay and no benefits.  If you are a small business owner, guess what ? your business is going to take it in the shorts

Interest rates are frozen or  reduced, they may ask you to not use credit cards anymore at the lower rate, or use a signature loan (Navy Federal Credit Union, my friends in the first Gulf War, when I requested the interest drop they responded by lowering the credit limit to the minimum, below what I owed.  Nice guys hunh?)

Any small business owner that is using income from current customers to fulfill past obligations and not putting it to the purpose the current  customer intended is having problems and unless he has a guarantor or partner is coming close to fraud.  If he has a reasonable expectation of improving his cash flow, by paying off a loan and then having good positive cash flow in a few months, that's shaky, but if it works he's OK.  If it doesn't, he may be in trouble.

If he is doing it on purpose that's a Ponzi Scheme and people go to jail for that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
1. Who is Tippy?

2. What store does he run?

3. What happened?

Re 1: His name is Lew

Re 2: "Did run" Tippie Competition

Re 3: He shafted a bounce of members, suppliers, and large order contract over the last 2 years and has yet to make good on the transactions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:59:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rabid... I hereby nominate you for the Apologist of the Year Award.  Congratulations!

Thanks, it means a lot coming from a professional PAID apologist.

Ohhhhh, that's a good one... I don't apologize, I present issue positions and take the heat for making a stand and not wavering.  But thanks for playing...  And dunderhead... paid and professional are redundant.  If you are going to flame me, try to (1) have a clue as to what you are talking about and (2) show a little original thought.  Truly, if that is the best you can come up with I suggest you go sleep on it and we can pick up again tomorrow.  Maybe you can call your mommy and tell her the mean Hiram called you on being an idiot and you need some better material before you return to the schoolyard...

Now run along little pup... run along... and wipe that spit from the corner of your maw.

Apologist - "One who argues in defense of a person or cause"

I guess maybe using paid and professional together was somewhat redundant, but professional does carry a slightly different suggested meaning, I meant it to imply that it was your lifes work.

I'm only an amatuer internet apologist.  I occasionnally I feel the need to jump on the losing side of an argument.  I will now switch sides like an East Coast politician and recant all disagreement with this thread.  The mob rules!  There is never more to a story than meets the eye!  I'm sure Lew Tippie spent a lifetime in competetive shooting and gunsmithing to develop an elaborate Ponzi scheme designed to steal $2000!  It's all black and white to me now, get a rope.  Let's hang the son of a bitch.

I am now officially resigned from the apologist business.

Before I go, maybe Hiram (since he's a real pro and all) could dazzle us with his paid brilliance.

Do the one where you explain how the President is for the AWB but also in favor of not having the AWB.  That's one of my favorite apolgist bits and I'm sure as a paid schill stead fast and staunch advocate you could spin it defend it so well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:31:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:09:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#31]
So Mrs. Tippie is on the rebound?

Is she hot?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Well then... have her do a AR15.com calendar, sell it on here, split the profits and everyone's happy.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Hoping for the best
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#36]
sorry to see the mess you have ended up in beer slayer....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well then... have her do a AR15.com calendar, sell it on here, split the profits and everyone's happy.

I'd buy one...wait...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:06:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#41]
This is a waste of bandwidth.  Take his thievin' ass to the court already.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:08 AM EDT
[#42]
It seems that if he has a legitimate reason for having difficulty in honoring his responsibilities, he should be forthright and post them here, or at least let people know he is still planning on following through with the promised work.  A little honesty goes a long way.  My .02, but WTF do I know?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#43]
The fact that Tippie never defends himself publicly makes me think he is really trying to con people.

That's just my opinion, however.

Because, if I were to accused of conning someone, I would defend myself and try to make the situation right... Not just sit back, read the comments, and say "Oh well."
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Waste of bandwidth huh?

...A month from now...

"THANKS FOR NOTHING, TIPPIE AND FRIENDS!"

TBS: Don't count your chickens till they've hatched. You can still get fucked over.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
for the record some good did come from this thread. a buddy of one of our members contacted me and we were able to locate his parts that were sent in almost 2 years ago. hopefully he will get them back soon.

Waste of bandwidth huh?

mike

Why did you wait almost 2 years to do something about this?  Just wondering.  It seems like a long time.  You're clearly more patient than I.  It just seems to me that you're getting royally screwed here and it's not over yet, based on what I've read.  I'm on your side Beer Slayer!  Just curious as to why you waited so long to pursue closure....or more specifically, why you didn't become systematically more aggressive....sooner.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What a DICK!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#50]
This situation, and the other one posted, are as fucked up as a football bat.

Hope you both get paid.

TXL
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top