BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

i hear that.......

Don't hear it - call up Ammoman or hit his website and fix it.

Another suggestion - I'd try to standardize weapons as much as possible.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And the guns are all in my suburban home in Nassau County.

Each is locked through the ejection port
all are locked together through the trigger guard
and they are all in a cheap gun safe.

I am moving the bulk of them to a self-storage space simply for space reasons!

Good on you for thinking about security.

1,226 residential burglaries reported in Nassau County as of 09/30/04.  Up more than 6% from the year before.  

link

Get a good safe, though, you won't regret it!  Not only does it secure your weapons and other valuables better, your soon to be wife will never know what's *really* inside...  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to tel you that gun-owners are hilarious.  Can't tell you how many deals were done in parking lots or basements or attics so that the wife wouldn't know about it!!!!!!

Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

got me pinned like a donkey at a birthday party.  i mean that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
For a cheap solution for your shotty.  I'd suggest a Mossberg 500A Police model pump.  7+1 rounds in 12 ga.  Granted its not the semi you wanted, but with practice you can get to the point where you'll cycle the action almost as fast, and you do it while recovering from recoil, so sight acquisition is just about as fast.  At 200-250 NIB you really can't beat that with a stick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a mossberg and recently sold it for 200 bucks.  
I can't believe they are sooooo cheap.  
The 7+1 was amazing, But it was time for a semi-auto.
I also shoot a mossberg 410 that failed to extract last time out.
Oh yeah, by the way, I've put about 400 rounds of trap-loads down her throat without a single cleaning!!!!!!  I think I found the problem
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a hard time believing that you can buy that much stuff, spend that much money, and only have a few hundred rounds of ammunition.

Kinda smells like
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#7]
don't worry pictures abound when I get it all.........
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Go to Blackwater or Front Site

a BIG +1 on that idea.

but buy some frickin ammo first - you'll need it for a good class
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#10]
My boys are going to Ct for some pistol classes.  I hope to one day take carbine classes.
But I really haven't shot enough yet, I actually am a SERIOUS noob.  I need much range time before even CONSIDERRING a class.  But I might sign up for a different class soon.  Got the NYPD test next week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top