User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Troll?  Are you talking about me?

Instead of name calling, How about arguing any one of my previous assertions

cck, although I disagree with some of your statements, you do have a point.

If you're going to respond with "" or "TROLL!" or "DUer," don't even bother - you're just adding to your post-count... not to the discussion. This man is, obviously, not trolling. If he was trolling here, he wouldn't be partaking in the ARFCOM community now, would he?

So, I suggest one of two things if you want to yell troll:
1.) Shut up. Because one-liners or ugly icons do nothing for a discussion. If we want to see "TROLL" on the monitor screen that much, we'll start up a game of Warcraft or something.
2.) Explain why you disagree with him and be civil, without being stupid.

Just because "" is available under the tags doesn't mean you have to use it whenever you disagree with someone. *I* disagree with cck - yet I didn't call him a troll.
EDIT:

A good short story, but in the story, that father gets a little too upset at the kid. Kinda makes me glad it's just a short story and not a real event, the kid's just 9. Anywho, it makes a good point.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Troll?  Are you talking about me?

Instead of name calling, How about arguing any one of my previous assertions

cck, although I disagree with some of your statements, you do have a point.

If you're going to respond with "" or "TROLL!" or "DUer," don't even bother - you're just adding to your post-count... not to the discussion. This man is, obviously, not trolling. If he was trolling here, he wouldn't be partaking in the ARFCOM community now, would he?

So, I suggest one of two things if you want to yell troll:
1.) Shut up. Because one-liners or ugly icons do nothing for a discussion. If we want to see "TROLL" on the monitor screen that much, we'll start up a game of Warcraft or something.
2.) Explain why you disagree with him and be civil, without being stupid.

Just because "" is available under the tags doesn't mean you have to use it whenever you disagree with someone. *I* disagree with cck - yet I didn't call him a troll.

Troll? no.
Hijacking a thread? yes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
This was sent to me by a friend.

I posted this because it puts what is happening and what has happened in the world in a perspective that more poeple can relate to.

Too many sheeple don't think long term. They don't think about how we will be affected by what some despot in a far off country is doing today. It will bite US in the ass in the future. This is the 21st century. The world is much smaller than it used to be.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It is called a parable, a story told to illustrate a point but not neccessarily an actual event. Think Aesop fables.
I agree the story was a bit overdone but then again most good parables are.
As for how Bush/Republicans have done to our country, I am a libertarian too, I am voting for Bush because the alternative (Kerry) is so much worse. The situation needs to be stabilized (wipe out liberalism) before it can be fixed (libertarianism).
That's my opinion, take it for what it is worth.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top