Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 3:50:43 PM EDT
I read in the build it yourself forum about the possibilities of the ban not being renewed!!
I know, I know, don't hold your breath, but wouldn't it be GREAT!! So what are the chances of this really happening ? WOW I could buy a preban style AR for postban prices !! or less!!
Wouldn't that just flame you preban guys asses!!
Everyone could have toys just like you guys, except we would pay alot less and have a NEW GUN, not a(seasoned classic)
well lets here the opinions, or flames
don't get me wrong here I got nothin against prebans or those who have them, I'm just dreaming....
51 out
[x]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's too much of a political hot potato. The members of congress would be scared to death to touch the subject.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, my $0.02, the House of Representatives is where the battle (read hope of pro-gun victory) lies.  Remember to vote in November next year.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Boy it would sure be great.  I would suggest writing to everyone you consider voting for in the future.  Tell them that with your vote you expect them to vote pro-gun.  Also tell them that if they vote anti-gun then don't expect your vote come re-election time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't hold your breath.  

I have become a one issue voter, gun control.  I don't really care right now what their views are on other matters, even if I disagree.  If they are pro-gun, they get my vote, period.  If the pressure ever eases up, I will look at other issues, but this one is the most immediate and important.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The MID-TERM elections are critical on this issue.  If we (pro-gun) carry the Brady bill will die in 2004.  Start now to help Pro-gun candidates win in Nov 2002.  The house is where we need to hold the line but any wins in the Senate will help greatly!

Financial help now to GOA, NRA, & RTKABA are important for planning & positioning candidates & issues.  A little every month is better than a lot later.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Different hit the nail on the head.  If the Republicans have the House after the 2002 elections; the AWB will die.  If the Dems get it back, I believe that a revised version of Brady will be sent to Bush that will preserve the existing bans on hicaps and AW's, but include some sort of Project Exile type legislation as well.  And he will sign it.

MG
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Forget it, we're never gonna be rid of that POS legislation.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Well said Larry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top