Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 3:24:03 PM EDT
At 9:00 central time
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
One hour, I am so there.  Beer, M-16, History channel, camping tomorrow.  Val-hallah!

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1579439&a=12013278&p=50001104&Sequence=0[/img]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Ticonderoga,

I want one of those. No! not the the beer or limes, I have that.

I'll be watching too. I hope it turns out to be better than my expectations. Keep your fingers crossed.

HillBilly
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ticonderoga - Damn dude, that is one of the sweetest looking weapons I've ever seen.  Tell us more about it; oh and we'll gladly look at more pictures.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
VCR is set.  Putting in on tape to keep right behind the episode about Vietnam river boats.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#5]
has this played before? or was that stoner rifles on tales of the gun?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
From their advertisements, it appears to be different, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, it's not on yet.  Looks like 9pm Central, ok I'll do some housework.

It's a registered receiver Rock Island Armory lower.

Have several uppers, I like this one the best because it's so compact.  I have a 14.5 + 1.5" Ak rig, but I want an M-4 just because it looks cool.

I'll be fingering it while I watch the show.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
Ticonderoga - Damn dude, that is one of the sweetest looking weapons I've ever seen.  Tell us more about it; oh and we'll gladly look at more pictures.
View Quote

Ok, you asked for it.  Whenever friends from the PRK come out, we treat them to a little Texas fun (this is my friend from PRK).  Shells circled for visibility, hindsight being 20/20, should have left the flash on the camera off, the shutter would have stayed open for 5 seconds and we would have had a hell of a light show,

ALSO, do notice how well the AK muzzle break works:

[img]http://www.justinsloane2001.homestead.com/files/ullmancircle.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
the show should be starting withing 40 mins of this post.

VCR is locked & loaded:)
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a good laugh every time I see the film of the soldier crossing a ditch filled with muddy water, holding his smoke in one hand and his A1 in the other. When he stumbles and falls, he breaks his fall with the rifle, plunging it into the mud and water, but he kept his smoke dry! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Great episode.

I didn't know the first magazines were 25 rounds.  Interesting.

They had facts before every commercial.  Back in the late 1800's a colt 45 was 17 dollars (2 months wages)  Figure out your two month wages and how does that compare to an AR15 or M16.  [:D]

I noticed a lot of the army guys pop in a mag, hit the bolt release and then slam the forward assist.  Does anyone here *always* use the forward assist after a mag change?  I know I don't.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Ticonderoga, is it a class 2 license that you need for a short barreled rifle??  What do you have to do to get the license?  What's the difference between this type of license (if there is a difference) and those that you get for machine guns?  With this type of license does it open you up to all the b.s. that comes with a class III license: such as not being able to have AR15 parts lying around and midnight snap inspections by the ATF?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#14]
First off, original mags were 20 rounders.

For Class III stuff, wether it be an SBR (short barrelled rifle) or an MG, you need to pay a transfer tax.  There is no "license" per se.  The tax is paid on a form 4 (civillian or corporation) or a Form 3, dealer.  Once the form comes back to you, it is proof that you paid your tax and you keep a copy of it with your gun.

Since it has an official tax stamp (yeah the same kind dumped over at the Boston Tea Party), your picture, your local LEO's sig, and a sig from some ATF bearucrat, so it LOOKS like a license.

Only guns on the ATF happy list can be transfered in such a fashion, anything else is contaban.

SBRs can still be added, but the supply of MG's is fixed and dwindling.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Sitting Bull, if you are in Alabama as your profile shows, you can not legally have a short barreled rifle or shotgun at all... AL State law prohibits it. Sucks a$$ but true. I want a short Super 90 so bad I can freakin' taste it!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I noticed a lot of the army guys pop in a mag, hit the bolt release and then slam the forward assist.  Does anyone here *always* use the forward assist after a mag change?  I know I don't.
View Quote

Y'know i think i still do that without thinking about it... like second nature. I remember Drill Sergeant made us tap on the forward forward assist when we lock and load (along with a bunch of push-ups if he felt we didnt do the series of movements fast enough):)
"%&#@* DAMNIT YOU MOVING LIKE POND WATER.....%@#$ing DROP!!!..."
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
i dont think modern ar/m16 need you to hit the forward assist but in battle im sure its something your trained to do??any x solders out their im sure they know a hell of alot more than me about using the forward assist.i just have never needed to use mine in my recreational plinking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top