BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now, my ancestors are from Spain, that makes me Hispanic.

Actually that would make you Spanish.  Hispanics are a combination of Central/South American natives with the Spanish that arrived in the western hemisphere in the 17th century.

As for why I'm angry: what The_Macallan said.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So tell me your story...what has made you such an angry white man?

I was born a poor black child

And now you're a rich white woman?

I didn't know Michael Jackson was on this board!!!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm...may be but I've at least got guns so my anger takes presidence over your whiney-ass-crybaby-liberal-anger
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your kidding right?

Go rent the movie "The Jerk". You must be young......
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
seeing the America I grew up loving get sold out. Seeing politicians wipe their ass with the Constitution to line their pockets or gain political clout.  Etc.

DAMN RIGHT!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I met a girl.

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, I'm an angry white HISPANIC male.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#8]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually that would make you Spanish. Hispanics are a combination of Central/South American natives with the Spanish that arrived in the western hemisphere in the 17th century.

Actually, "hispanic" refers to anything associated with Spain, much as "Anglo-Saxon" refers to anything associated with England, or "Gallic" means anything associated with France. "Latino" is a meaningless term, because it refers to the latin languages (i.e. spanish, italian, french and portuguese), not an ethnicity. The people you refer to, who evolved from the inter-racial mix between the Spanish conquistadors that came to the American continent in the 16th centuriy (Cortez conquers the Aztecs in Mexico in 1519, Pizarro conquers the Incas in Peru in 1523, deSoto arrived in Florida in 1539, etc.), are called mestizos - these are the typical populations of central and south America. The mixed race that evolved from Spanish and African unions are called mullatoes and are found in the Caribbean, especially Cuba, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

There are many Mexican, Peruvians, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc. that have maintained pure Spanish bloodlines for centuries (usually the wealthy and powerful families in those countries). These folks are "Caucasian Hispanic", rather than Spanish (sort of like Cajuns are Cajuns, not French, though they are descended from the French).

But enough already, as we are .

Anthropology 101
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Actually, "hispanic" refers to anything associated with Spain

I've had anthropology 1301, but it was too politically correct to label things.  Where do you get your definition of Hispanic?  I've learned (on my own) that it refers to "mestizos" in the Western Hemisphere because of the name of the island that is Haiti and Dominican republic: Hispaniola.

Quoted:
sort of like Cajuns are Cajuns, not French, though they are descended from the French).

Cajun is a slang version of Acadian.  Cajuns are of Spanish heritage and Creoles are of French heritage - unless I have it backwards.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Gun owners are nothing but a bunch of angry white men!

Tell that to the womenz in the womenz forum.  Just make sure to take cover
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a happy white male! Whooho! (Been doping a Cessna 170 wing for the last hour or so.) Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#12]
A friend's car was stolen - from in front of his house.  Put a few Y2K concerns in there, and he bought a revolver and learned to shoot.

I asked him if he could take me shooting a month or two before the 2000 election.

The Wednesday after the election, when it looked like Gore was going to slither into the White House, I bought my first gun.

They are like potato chips, and do about as well in water...

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Im differently happy.

gotta remember that one
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your kidding right?

They keep shooting those oil cans!!!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Two types of gun-owners.
Those who have been victims of a crime,
And those who are smart enough to do something about it before it happens.
Which catagory do you fall into?

I like your logic.

+1

I learned from others.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your kidding right?

www.garnersclassics.com/qjerk.htm

He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Not white.
Not angry.

Lost all my guns on the ARFCOM boat cruise too.  (That was a stupid idea!)

That was indeed a tragic day.

Oh, well... off to buy more ammo... just in case my guns find their way back home.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They keep shooting those oil cans!!!

Things are going to start happening to me now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Not only am I not white, I am moderately unangrified.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't care what people look like, as long as they are good honest people who are fine with me having firearms they are fine people by me.

I don't think gun owners have enough allies to be picky on things that don't matter like skin color.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I am an angry yellow man.  Well, I'm not particularly angry right this minute...more like unbelievably sleepy.  I have a gun though, and it's at home waiting for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
seeing the America I grew up loving get sold out. Seeing politicians wipe their ass with the Constitution to line their pockets or gain political clout.  Etc.

+1
I am tired of people voting to take MY money and giving it back to some crack whore down the street who has made nothing but bad choices during her life.  Those people are now passing those values to there children who will do nothing but suck of the tit of hardworking men and women of this country.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]

I've had anthropology 1301, but it was too politically correct to label things. Where do you get your definition of Hispanic? I've learned (on my own) that it refers to "mestizos" in the Western Hemisphere because of the name of the island that is Haiti and Dominican republic: Hispaniola.

Here is the entry for Hispanic from Dictionary.com:

His·pan·ic    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (h-spnk)
adj.
Of or relating to Spain or Spanish-speaking Latin America.
Of or relating to a Spanish-speaking people or culture.

n.
A Spanish-speaking person.
A U.S. citizen or resident of Latin-American or Spanish descent.

[Latin Hispnicus, from Hispnia Spain.]
Usage Note: Though often used interchangeably in American English, Hispanic and Latino are not identical terms, and in certain contexts the choice between them can be significant. Hispanic, from the Latin word for “Spain,” has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres and emphasizing the common denominator of language among communities that sometimes have little else in common. Latinowhich in Spanish means "Latin" but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericanorefers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin. Of the two, only Hispanic can be used in referring to Spain and its history and culture; a native of Spain residing in the United States is a Hispanic, not a Latino, and one cannot substitute Latino in the phrase the Hispanic influence on native Mexican cultures without garbling the meaning.

Whereas Larousse, the premier Spanish dictionary defines hispano as simply "Spanish" or "Spanish-speaking".

You're right, "Cajun" is a slang version of "Acadian", French colonists exiled to Louisiana in the 18th century. But a Creole is any person of European descent born in the West Indies, Spanish or French America - this would apply to non-Acadian French or Spanish Louisiana natives (in Spanish we them Criollos).

Haitians, who are from Hispaniola's French-speaking half, are not Hispanics: they are Creoles.

Cheers !
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Now that we've cleared up the white/hispanic controversy, here's why this white man is angry:

1. Out of control government bureaucracies
2. Michael Moore
3. Tree-huggers
4. Michael Moore
5. Femenazis
6. Michael Moore
7. Corporate Greed
8. Michael Moore
9. Activist Judges
10. Michael Moore
11. People who think conservative=nazi
12. Michael Moore
13. Envirowhackos
14. Michael Moore
15. The UN
16. Michael Moore
17. France
18. Michael Moore
19. The Social Security tax I'm paying, but will never collect
20. Michael Moore
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm angry because I'M becoming a minority and I believe that when I actually AM a minority, I will
not have all the rights, privileges, and special treatment that present day minorities enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm giving up on the Hispanic issue because you make a jab with the Anthropology 101 comment, but use a dictionary and an uncited paragraph to reinforce the definitions you are proposing.  I will continue in my usage of the words "Hispanic" and "Spanish" the way I always have.

Quoted:
I'm angry because I'M becoming a minority and I believe that when I actually AM a minority, I will
not have all the rights, privileges, and special treatment that present day minorities enjoy!

By current speculations I (European-American ) am a minority in Texas and, as you fear, I get no special treatment.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]

By current speculations I (European-American ) am a minority in Texas and, as you fear, I get no special treatment.

It's funny, I was in San Antonio a few months ago (nice city, by the way) and when the lady at the airlines ticket counter saw my driver's license and my Spanish name, she asked where I was from. When I told her I was born in Cuba, she looked shocked and said "but you are blond and light-eyed!, I thought all Cubans were black!"

Go figure.

BTW, the "anthropology 101" comment was not meant as a jab, and I, being a history and political science teacher, am impressed that someone actually knows Cajuns are Acadians and that Haiti and Dominican Republic are in Hispaniola.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
It's funny, I was in San Antonio a few months ago (nice city, by the way) and when the lady at the airlines ticket counter saw my driver's license and my Spanish name, she asked where I was from. When I told her I was born in Cuba, she looked shocked and said "but you are blond and light-eyed!, I thought all Cubans were black!"

A neighbor of mine is from Columbia and some guys at his job somehow thought he was a Castro supporter.    I think he tried to explain that he was from Columbia, but I'm pretty sure it went over their heads.  [clueless]

Yes, San Antonio is pretty damn cool - especiallly the River Walk.  Well, cool meaning "neato" not temperature-wise. Temperature-wise it's pretty damn hot - especially the River Walk.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Golf
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually that would make you Spanish.  Hispanics are a combination of Central/South American natives with the Spanish that arrived in the western hemisphere in the 17th century.

As for why I'm angry: what The_Macallan said.

hispanic means someone from a spanish speaking country. Spaniards are hispanic.

And my fathers parents were from spain, so I know

the word you're thinking of is "latino"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I only get angry when I have to shove my Kel-Tec up me arse when I'm wearing a Kilt!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
And my fathers parents were from spain, so I know

the word you're thinking of is "latino"

Well, I've given up on the origin of the work "Hispanic"; I don't think Spanish people made it up. I think people in the New World made it up to differentiate between the Spanish and the Central/South Americans.  I don't use the word "Latino" because it is a bastardization of the word "Latin" and no one one speaks Latin for practical purposes.  I guess the Pope and some high level Cardinals probably use it in ceremonies.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#33]

BTW, The reason most Cubans ended up in the US (at least those of us who came prior to the shameful 1980 Mariel boatlift that that poor excuse for a president, Jimmy "I consult foreign policy with my daughter Amy" Carter, permitted) is that the reds took everything from us and jailed us if we protested (my dad, I was only 5 when we left).

We never received welfare or any other government aid, but did what we had to do - work hard, to get ahead. So, you'd be hard-pressed to find a political-refugee Cuban who tolerates those who come here for economic reasons and to suckle at the breast of the taxpayers. Don't ever confuse a Cuban with any other "latin" or "hispanic" (or whatever) group; that's why we're the only ones who supported Bush in 2000 and will do so again in two weeks. Kerry doesn't even bother speaking to us in S. Florida - he'd be heckled all the way back to Mommy T's arms.

That's also why Michael Moore called Cubans "a bunch of right-wing whackos", coming from that disgusting piece of trash, it's a compliment.

One more rant: Guess what's the first thing Fidel did when he took over? He required all personal weapons to be registered. The second thing? The goons came and arrested everyone on that list.

Moral of the story: I'll be damned if I ever register a weapon in this country, which is why I want to build my own.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not angry
Who cares whether I'm white....I'm American

I'm ready to protect my love ones and not  wait on hold for a 911 operator!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#36]
These folks anger me...

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
These folks anger me...

home.mindspring.com/~jmalagon/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/addams_family.jpg

Since us angry white men are hijacking the thread anyway:  

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Since us angry white men are hijacking the thread anyway:

That's a great acrtoon, Tex, I'd love to put that on a T-shirt and drive the Libs at my University insane (they have zeeeero sense of humor, ya know).

I'm taking the wife to Key west this weekend and plan to wear my T-shirt with this on the back:

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm taking the wife to Key west this weekend...

I'd like a Lib Report of how bad Key West is, please.  I really would like to retire there (a few decades away, but it always seemed nice and laid back).  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

I'm copying that.  Next time someone asks "what's wrong with America"... they get the list.

Quoted:
Some of it goes beyond America.

I'm keeping it too. Great list. I'll just retitle it "what's wrong in America" if that's ok.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I am a white, gun-owning male.  

Angry?  No, not at all.

Afraid?  I'm packing.  What am I to be afraid of?

If I have to fight, I'm going to take some of those s.o.b.s  with me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Here is one major reason I'm angry.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270845

There is more, just not now.

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

9-11
Beheadings
"Tolerance"
Bill Clinton
The Beast
OBL
Sarah Brady
Dumbing-down education
Vicente Fox
"Diversity"
ELF
United Nations
Hippies
Jane Fonda
The Witchita Massacre
The "Big-Tobacco" Lawsuit
Micheal Stipe
Heather Has Two Mommies
Illegal Immigrants
GreenPeace
ACLU
Nelson Mandela
Miller v. USA
Maxine Waters
Grunge
Joe Biden
Syria
Black Panthers
Diane Feinstein
Beslan Massacre
Waco
Liberals
Women In The Military
Moqtadr Al-Sadr
Child-Abusers
Chappaquiddick
ACT-UP
Stupid People
Multiculturalism
Palestinian Intifida
Ed Asner
Hanoi-John Kerry
Pedophiles
What The Meaning Of "is" is
Hip-Hop
Volkswagon Bugs
Kofie Annan
Nazis
PETA
Leftists
Slackers
Affirmative Action
900 FBI Files
La Reconquista
Ruth Bader Ginsberg
Red Left-Turn Arrows
Sierra Club
Gun-Control
Hamas & Hezbollah
Bilingual Ballots
Leftist Media Bias
Pickles On Cheesburgers
Micheal Moore
Marxists
'67 Detroit Riots
Gay "Marriage"
The Corpulent Tick
MEChA
Ruby Ridge
John Dean
Income Tax
Jesse Jackson
Gangbangers
Al Zarqawi
Ebonics
The French
9th Circuit Court
Wahabism
Dept. Of Education
OJ Simpson
Loral Corporation
Yoko Ono
A.N.S.W.E.R.
Reparations Movement
George Soros
Political Correctness
Rap 'Music'
Water Stations For Illegal Aliens
Islam
The Democratic Party

That's all for today.
members.cox.net/themacallan/Fallng_s.jpg

I guess that fits with me too, except I like pickles on my cheeseburgers.  Then again, you should have the choise of having them on your cheeseburgers or not.  Not having that choise CAN MAKE ME SO FUCKING ANGRY!!!!  THOSE COMMUNIST NAZI THAT DON"T GIVE YOU A CHOISE!  THEY JUST MARCH RIGHT IN, CRAWL UP YOUR LEG, AND BITE YOU ON THE INSIDE OF YOUR ASS!

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#45]
This is just the kind of shit that really pisses me off.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top