Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 1:52:12 PM EDT
I live in CA, so the powers that be have declared that I can only purchase ONE handgun per 30 day period.

I have narrowed it down to a lot of choices.

HK USP in .45

SIG P220 (also .45)

Glock of some type (not sure which model or caliber)

Walther P99 in 9mm (Don't want a .40).

Beretta 92 (9mm)

HS2000 (9mm) (dirt cheap and got really good reviews).

I am also open to other purchase suggestions. Any help in narrowing down my choices would be greatly appreciated.

And, I can't afford them all this year!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my colt commander, kimber pro carry sle, both in ss, and the glock mod 30 with the mag extensions for a better grip.  
I got the HS2000 for a plinker-it is dirt cheap, shoots great and is accurate, nice lock and load indicators, but not a lot of metal for the slide, but it is fun.  for 9mm carry, i like my glock 26, again with the mag extensions for a better grip.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
One handgun per 30 period????  I don't have the funds to buy two handguns a month but if I did at least I could.  I have pity for all those who live in CA.  It's a crime whet they do to you down there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You forgot Makarov, both E. German and Bulgarian.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]

HeHe - Buy 2 or 3 Makorov's - [8D]

Will cost you less than $600 (for 3 )

[url]http://makarov.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

HeHe - Buy 2 or 3 Makorov's - [8D]

Will cost you less than $600 (for 3 )

[url]http://makarov.com/index.html[/url]
View Quote

It would take him 3 months to buy three Mak's in Kali.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think Makarovs are drop test approved.

No new handguns may be sold in the PRK unless they pass the "Drop Test".

You can buy them if they are used, though (I think).
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Go down to the local asian massage parlor and get a $50.00 Rub & Tug, then go to you local range and buy yourself that HK USP .45 I own two and they rock.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Off of that list, the Beretta 92.  Mine has been absolutely reliable, accurate as hell, VERY soft shooting even with +P+ loads.  I got a Kramer IWB holster for it, and can carry it in shorts and a T-shirt.  Hi-caps are still readily available at reasonable prices.  Some folks complain about Beretta customer service, but I've had nothing but excellent luck with them.  Just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top