Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 9:15:30 AM EDT
I had a JP Trigger in the Colt I got rid of. Nice trigger, screwed up gun.

Jewell seems to be the leader in this field. What's the difference? Anybody able to compare the two?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Single stage / two stage . . . that's a comparison.

I have a two stage on my Diana Mod. 34. It's nice.

Shilen make a trigger for the AR?

I can't find the Jewell web site. Anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Do a search for Georgia Precision.  Best price you'll find.  Sometimes he has specials.

The Jewell is easy to adjust.  You can select different spring settings for the first stage that add to about a 1 pound second stage.

Never dropped a hammer with a JP.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Single stage / two stage . . . that's a comparison.
View Quote

Not really, as they are generally suited to different purposes.
View Quote

Yeah, as a matter of fact I [b]AM[/b] an English Prof.

"Comparison" happens any time you make a distiction between two or more items. You can compare apples and oranges if you want. Some think it's pointless, but it's a comparison.

I know that a Jewell is two stage and a JP is single stage. I want some comparisons of their comparative precision, adjustability, suitability for hunting varmint, general shooting, cost, ease of adjustment, range of adjustment.

. . . for starters.

That's comparison, just for the record. I'm comparing them because I'm trying to decide which one is best for what I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top