Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 8:13:10 AM EDT
I was poking around the PlanetUnreal website and found this interesting mod named, Infiltration. Anyone else ever play this? http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/
Here is a portion of the Infiltration FAQ:

Q. What is Infiltration?

A. In essence, the Infiltration project is a squad-based, mission intensive, military oriented game that puts you in the
first person perspective of a soldier in today’s world. The ultimate goal is to create a believable environment for
players to experience what it is like to fight a real battle without the overhead involved.

Q. Is Infiltration like any other tactical game or modification out there? Perhaps like the
successful team play Counter-Strike Modification for Half Life?

A. Both games are based on reality. Both games use modern day weapons. Both games shoot virtually real bullets.
The comparison stops there however. We differ in the execution. For example, the way our weapons handle is
completely different. We force the player to use the actual weapon's iron sights. No more crosshairs. The player
must compensate for recoil and generally practice using these weapons if they want to gain any skill. That's just one
example. Others can be found in the general interface, player movement, and tactics just to name a few.
Counter-Strike is an excellent game- we feel Infiltration is just a better kind of realism.

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
It's worth the download. Lots of  cool weapons

[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
So this is for all those that never
got around to serve in the armed forces,
but want to play war without the consequences
of physical or phycological damage that accompanys real
war?

"...for players to experience what it is like to fight a real battle without the overhead involved."

Thats how I am reading it,correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds interesting, I'm into Counter-Strike so anything like that is worth checking out for me.

"...for players to experience what it is like to fight a real battle without the overhead involved."

more like "..for players to experience what it is like to fight a real battle without any sweat, fear, bloodloss, thirst, hunger, pain, death, busted ear drums, etc..."

It's amazing how thirsty you get in real combat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top