Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I blocked

And I could not see anything from the ar15.com pic gallery

I unblock it and I see avatars and pics from the ar15.com gallery

why was the ar15.com ip trying to scan my computer ???

Rosebud.

FEDS
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
You could fill books with what I do not know about computers -- I am thinking maybe someone by accident or on purpose downloaded a pic with one of those J peg (whatever you call it) venerabilities into the gallery and it is doing whatever it does ???

Computer guys ---------- any thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:22:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Stick it in her ports and post picks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Stick it in her ports and post picks.

Why is it this type of  answer always comes with this join date ???
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You could fill books with what I do not know about computers -- I am thinking maybe someone by accident or on purpose downloaded a pic with one of those J peg (whatever you call it) venerabilities into the gallery and it is doing whatever it does ???

Computer guys ---------- any thoughts.

I've already said that these are not port scans.  Anytime you visit a site you generate traffic that could be misinterpreted as a port scan.  The trick is becoming familiar enough with what you are doing on your computer to recognize non hostile hits from a concerted port scan.  

As to the jpeg issue, if you did view a compromised picture from a computer that had not been properly patched the traffic would not be from the source to you, it would be from you to a destination the hacker could access i.e. a computer he controls.  

By the way, if you are relying upon the firewall built into XP, it would not protect you from information leaking from your computer to another source.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks

Now I get it

edit : I think
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Geez, if it bothers you so much I'll stop doing it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top