Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 7:33:03 AM EDT
I recently bought a 1981 CJ7 to tackle the woodlands of PA since I will be back there soon.  Got an AMC 360, a spring over, dana 44s, etc etc.  Anyone else like that sort of thing?  I know it's not AR related, at least not directly, but I could use it to take my AR to remote wooded areas to have fun with it...so maybe it IS AR related !!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a '92 Wrangler and a '98 Grand Cherokee.
I'm selling the Wrangler now after having it for 7 years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey,congrats and welcome to the jeep family. If your jeep is street legal don't forget to wave to the other jeepers (its a jeep thing). There is a good sized jeep show in York, Pa next weekend. Parts, displays, obsticle course, hot women in search of guys. Well, all but the last one. Jeeps are a money pit nearly as much fun as a belt-fed full auto. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 94 YJ before, had a BDS suspension system, lockered 4.10 rear, open 4.11 front, but that weak 4 banger killed the fun.  I sold it off and realized I needed another Jeep.  It's street legal (sorta), so I'll be wavin if I can see through the mud caked on the windshield.  Thanks for the welcome!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#5]
1984 CJ7 258 straight 6

And that jeep wave thing, it's really the bird
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#6]
99TJ with tons of mods.   This is where my gun money went before I became more serious in my gun collection.

My jeep now doesn't get any more mods and I hardly ever go offroad anymore. :(

Here is an old pic about 8 months after I bought it new.   No body lift on it yet, old winch on it etc..

[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/025/lm/Y9/bB/Ub89609.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]
i was gonna ask the same thing!
i have a 1999 sahara - LOVE IT!!! 6 banger, sweetie! i also have a 4 cyl. 1987 wrangler - been to CO 4 times, off road in every possible weather and terrain extreme, and only got it stuck once! i tried to drive down a ski slope and sank into 4 feet of snow! hey, i spend a lot of time looking for jeep trails in PA, NY and CO - anybody have a link to maps, or better yet, anyone wanna go with me???
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I loved my Jeep, 92 YJ, and Arizona is a great place for rock crawlin'.  However, it was stolen Sunday night and as Mexico is just a few miles down the road I imagine I won't see it again.  I'm looking for a new ride now (new to me, I don't want the payments of a brand new one) and it will be a Jeep of some kind.  Probably go with an older Cherokee for now and then pick up a CJ to rebuild.

Have a great time on the trails,
JT

Stryker, too bad it's not the I6, you might have a buyer.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
My buddy has a Wrangler. He insists on taking it everywhere instead of my Toyota pickup. I can't stand it.

You can't lock it up, so there's a couple thousand dollars worth of firearms and gear in it while we head into any place during a trip.

It's really, really noisy.

Can't see out of the plastic windows.

No cargo space whatever.

Passenger seat won't tilt forward for access to the back cargo area.

Like riding a god damned bull.

They tend to roll over.

Sorry, I don't care for Glocks either.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]
anything made in the ninties can hardly be considered a jeep.  especially the cherokees (the mid '70s excepted).  i once asked a tow truck driver if he towed more fords or chevys, and he said he towed more cherokees than all others combined.  i once owned a 75 wagoneer, with a built 360, 14" lift, 40x17.5 swampers... it was fun but had entirely too many problems. stick with the older cj's and inline sixes!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My buddy has a Wrangler. He insists on taking it everywhere instead of my Toyota pickup. I can't stand it.

You can't lock it up, so there's a couple thousand dollars worth of firearms and gear in it while we head into any place during a trip.

It's really, really noisy.

Can't see out of the plastic windows.

No cargo space whatever.

Passenger seat won't tilt forward for access to the back cargo area.

Like riding a god damned bull.

They tend to roll over.

Sorry, I don't care for Glocks either.
View Quote

your buddy takes the jeep because 'yota's aren't built for off-roading anymore. wheel base is too long, etc. etc. and if treated properly, the plastic windows will stay clear. too noisy? yeah, so's my boss! that's life. the security and the cargo problems are infact legit, same thing pisses me right off...again, life. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
anything made in the ninties can hardly be considered a jeep.  especially the cherokees (the mid '70s excepted).  i once asked a tow truck driver if he towed more fords or chevys, and he said he towed more cherokees than all others combined.  i once owned a 75 wagoneer, with a built 360, 14" lift, 40x17.5 swampers... it was fun but had entirely too many problems. stick with the older cj's and inline sixes!
View Quote

Wake up and smell the Swampers.  [;)]

The TJ's DO have round headlights.  [:D]

TJ's can have some major flex with their coil springs.  I've even seen a stock TJ win on a extreme challenge course!

Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

hey, i used to think the same about modern jeeps, then i drove one. i was so impressed, i had daimlerchrysler build me one. nothing too special, no lift, no winch, BUT it will out-jeep anything on or off the road in any state of the union! and the modern suspensions are so fatty, so smooth, that i will never drive anything else again!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
1979 CJ5. 258 straight 6 and 4 speed with granny gear. I once pull started my 601 Ford tractor with a 2 bottom plow in the ground. Wouldn't get rid of it for anything on the road.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Love my Jeep. 93 Wrangler. I don't leave home without it  [:)]

[img]http://www.milpubs.com/Weps.jpg[/img]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]

"It's a Jeep thing, You wouldnt understand..."
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#18]
94 XJ, 3" black diamond lift, 31" radial rovers, warn winch bumper, warn 8000lbs. winch. 4 KC 165 watt lights. Flowmaster exhaust. Interior completly lined with dynomat so she is very quite inside.

95 YJ 4" lift, 1" body lift. 33" superswampers. Flowmaster exhaust. 2 kc 165 watt lights. Inside lined with herculiner. Tomken rocksliders.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Love my Jeep. 93 Wrangler. I don't leave home without it  [:)]

[img]http://www.milpubs.com/Weps.jpg[/img]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]

"It's a Jeep thing, You wouldnt understand..."
View Quote

sweet pic! looks like you don't leave home without much of anything!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#21]
He needs the .50 machine gun mounted on top the roll cage. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He needs the .50 machine gun mounted on top the roll cage. [:D]
View Quote

go to

www.spymall.com

they INSTALL "special" gun mounts (and ALL other james bond gadgets) into your vehicle!!

too funny!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I have 83 CJ-7 with a 151 4 Cyl, just put in a Lock-Right locker.  I would like to put a 305 in it.  Too much fun, enjoy!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep, on number three, an 83 CJ7 with mild mods and a SM465 waiting to go in. One of my buddies is building a seroius crawler though. He has a CJ8 and is putting Dana 60s at each end, a double transfer case, Clark 5 speed truck tranny, Chevy 350, 38s or 40s, and who knows what else. The only problem I have now is another buddie is wanting to sell his M37 and I'm finding it hard to resist.

BMB  
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#25]
i have a 1977 cj5 258 3 speed 31 inch tires runs strong.try www.jeepwire.com for starters.lots of good info
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/010/v5/9f/HM/vL37410.jpg[/img]
just got it 2 months ago. its a 1995 with only 29K miles when i got it. 4" Trailmaster on 33x12.50 tires.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a stock surplus 1947 Jeep.  Painted in gray primer.  Need to repaint it though.

[pistol]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Two mid-size Cherokees, 87 and 89, both with 4.0 I6 and 4WD.  I'll be getting D35 and D30 LSD for the 89 (hers) and D44 F/R with LSD (his), and I have been getting my auxiliary coolers in place, with the trans rebuild and getting ready to overhaul the engine (260K with me is like a million for anyone else!)

Also planning on a 6-lb. Magnusson kit for the 89, once Mike at Accurate Power gets it finished...  Check him our for power mods for hte 4.0 if you have one www.accuratepower.com

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I currently own a 2000 Grand Cherokee but I still have my 77 CJ. It has a 350 Chevy engine in it. Poor thing sits in the field next to my house just rusting away since my accident (Non car related but it left me in a wheelchair). I can't get into it seeing that it has Brand spankin' new 35" General Grabber MT on it. Anyone in the Allentown area want to buy the tires? $100 a piece.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I have had a 95 wrangler, 99 Cherokee limited, and now have a 98 Grand Cherokee. |I love them all. I want another wrangler for off roading though, the Grand cherokee's my city ride.  And the new Grand's, oh baby, they're hot! Just wish they got better miles per gallon w/out giving up power.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey fellas, im new here as u can prolly tell, but i do have a jeep! Its a 1952 M-38 with the world famous world war II Go devil engine. Thi jeep will climb a tree, i have had it everywhere! Willy's are the best in the world!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey fellas, im new here as u can prolly tell, but i do have a jeep! Its a 1952 M-38 with the world famous world war II Go devil engine. Thi jeep will climb a tree, i have had it everywhere! Willy's are the best in the world!
View Quote

hey! welcome! that sounds like a SWEET jeep! if i had one like it, i'd put it in a heated, carpeted garage! -- know any one with an old willy's for sale???
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Well im not selling my jeep, but u just have to look around to find deals, I also have a 1963 CJ-5 in great shape, only one rust spot and straight as an arrow, u just have to look for jeeps, they are everywhere, i am currently resorting my jeep back to mil-spec, or close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top