Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 6:01:17 AM EDT
Actually I have two for sale.  One is a Russian with a blued bolt in near 90% new condition.  Wood is in great shape.

The other has a Russian with a chrome barrel and bolt.  Has a Choate stock on it with a scope and scope mount.  Plus a muzzle brake on it.  Plus an industrial laser was used to remove the bayonet mount.  It's a real deer killing machine.

How much for each or both?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I sold a well used norinco for $300. Russian you could prbably get even more than that if you try. Remind whoever your selling to that there are no more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The chromed Russian should go for 400-500
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
new norincos go for about 200-250 around here.im sure russians go for more but im not sure of the market for a 500 doller SKS.YOUR starting to  get into alot of nice fifles at that price.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
new norincos go for about 200-250 around here.im sure russians go for more but im not sure of the market for a 500 doller SKS.YOUR starting to  get into alot of nice fifles at that price.
View Quote

I swear, I currently own the nicest SKS rifle that you will see anywhere! It was the last of the K-Sport imports. Chrome barrel, green fiber standard stock, 1" rubber butt plate, and 100% Parkarized. I bought it in new unfired condition right out of the box for $250 at a gun shop! The store owner said he bought it off some college kid for $100 cause he needed party money and it was only a gift from his uncle as a high school graduation present....Funny, the gun shop owner thought he was ripping the kid off. But really I ripped HIM off! I wouldnt sell it for less that $600. It is in IMMACULATE condition.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
BTW Romanians are going wholesale for $139. I would rather buy one of those than yours.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Four, five, or six hundred dollars for an SKS?  Man, you guys are nuts!!!  While I would not part with any of mine for under $350, I would not give more than $275 for any stock SKS.  Sure, they are reliable and fun, but their main attraction is that they are CHEAP.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#7]
price also depends on whether the parts are stamped or milled... milled would be worth 25-50% more IMO.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Guess I still have CA prices in my head. Pristine condition Russian SKS are running about that last I checked. Very comparable to SKS D models.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
You can find several SKS sites online. Tuco's Forums has an AK/SKS forum. www.mosin-nagant.net

Russian SKS with the blue bolt is a rebuild. They're running $200 these days at gun shows.

The other gun is worth more IF you have the issued stock. Modified stocks decrease value, as does the missing bayo lug. Bayo's are legal on the SKS.

Russian SKS value comes from having all matching serial numbers (stamped, not scribed with a marking tool), stock parts, not a rebuild (blue bolt, laminated stock), sling, complete tool kit and cleaning rod.

Arsenal markings of origin are important. Tula (star) is not as rare as Ishvesk (triangle with arrow).

I got an all matching, unissued Romanian for $175 with sling, oil bottle.

They're great guns! Cheap to shoot, accurate, lethal. You can get $200 for them. A complete, matching Tula will bring maybe $300. Ishvesk a bit more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
lets see pics.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:33:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I swear, I currently own the nicest SKS rifle that you will see anywhere! It was the last of the K-Sport imports. Chrome barrel, green fiber standard stock, 1" rubber butt plate, and 100% Parkarized. I bought it in new unfired condition right out of the box for $250 at a gun shop! The store owner said he bought it off some college kid for $100 cause he needed party money and it was only a gift from his uncle as a high school graduation present....Funny, the gun shop owner thought he was ripping the kid off. But really I ripped HIM off! I wouldnt sell it for less that $600. It is in IMMACULATE condition.
View Quote

DUDE! Where can I sell for $600? I found one in a shop for $225 a few months ago and snagged it. Wonderful shape, sling and all. Never shot it, just holding on until I can sell it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top