Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to be a big homophobe, and very anti gay.  In terms of western culture, I think it's natural for young men to be that way, but you should grow out of it by the time you are 25 or so.  The reason is that as men, our instinct is to compete with eachother, and anything not 'macho' is a huge ego setback in the social hierarchy.  Thus we distance ourselves from it and project it as something to be avoided, and even fought against.  Some even treat it like the antis treat guns.  If you are in the vicinity of guns and you don't recoil in fear or be proactive in showing your disapproval, then others may think you approve of them by osmosis.

I'm just a faceless poster on the net with a meaningless name, but if I could offer you 20somethings one piece of advice, it would be to get over it.  Unless you hate gays for religious reasons, you probably don't like them because their lifestyle is counter to the image of yourself you would like to project to the world.  This is why you accept lesbians, because even though it's the same trait, it doesn't impact your own self image.  I lost a couple of great women when I was in my low 20s exactly because I was an arrogant fuck who tried to adhere to an image I wanted to project.  It was important for me to seem hard (not gangland style hard, but hard knocks style) because I thought that was what the situation called for.  Being nice, polite, or smiling didn't really fit the profile.  That behavior drove away the women that I actually liked, and invited in some that were completely mental.

No charge for this session...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have been told that I am homophobic.

<gasping for breath>

<gasping for breath>
Dude, really?

I had the same reaction as you did doublefeed

I almost sprayed moutain dew all over my computer . Please don't tell me kracer was call one too I will loose it
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<gasping for breath>

<gasping for breath>
Dude, really?

Serious as a heart attack, I get that from other queers because I'm voting for Bush [again], have guns,knives and motorcycles. But mostly because I hang out on this board instead of 365GAY or Planetout, and think that alot of our "gay leaders" are full of shit . They think I'm too "str8 acting" and am just trying to be "liked" by the "rednecks"......If I remember it right they called me a "homophobic uncle tom " the last time Kacer and I where preaching the gospel of the 2nd amendment on 365gay a couple of month ago.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
homophobic - no

Sick of all the bs about gay people and all the psycho-babble rants and justifications  - yes

I wish it would recede like every other fad and style, gays might like it better too.

Ordinary people like me don't really appreciate having to even dicuss it, if you're gay so what.
I don't *want* to know. I don't understand it and I'm very happy about that, I don't need to.
It's just like I don't care what church you go to, or if you do(n't), and that's a good comparison because it seems like it's a religion these days, if don't agree with it then *you're* wrong and whatever. It seems like an elitist snob thing, to make up for not being universally accepted, they have to act as if we aren't as good as them. We're just people, we don't have a sense of style or good taste.
One more thing - It seems like a lot of 'alternative lifestyle' participants are liberals which really smokes me because that's a self-defeating behavior - If they lived in the mid-east or most other places they'd be persecuted for real, so why don't they support that which gives them the freedom to live as they do??
Sorry one more thing - They are **ALL** the result of a heterosexual relationship

I think they (generalization here) should grow up and shut up and get over themselves  

Thank You Very Much I feel a little better now -
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I dislike the apologies for the behavior. The gay agenda is as vile and low as a drug dealer selling to children.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as nobody is trying to shove something up my ass, I don't really care.

Whether it's a gay guy, or an angry New York cop - I'm going to have a problem.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok I'll try not to screw this up

There is a BIG difference between what the little people [like Kacer ,Drobs and I] think and what the gay activist are selling. One if you don't like LGBT people, you are not homophobic, which you will notice I don't use that term in all our little gay debates. The activists like the word because criminals who kill gay people as a defense in court use it. The old "he touched my leg so I stabbed him 60 times" of course they don't mention why they were stand in the parking lot of a gay bar at the time. Plus IMO the LGBT feels better if they think you all [str8s] are afraid of them instead of hating them. Also the LGBT has a hard time separating the people who hate gay people and those who kill gay people. Example Kacer and I went to Bullet fest and met a few people and had a great time, now I sure their where some people who wouldn't piss on me is I was on fire at Bullet fest but EVERYBODY was nice and if they didn't like me and Kacer they keep it to themselves. NOW most of the LGBT would have thought that the first words out of everybody mouth would have been "lets hang us some fags" and that’s what the "gay activist" and the DNC what’s the LGBT to think.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
One if you don't like LGBT people, you are not homophobic, which you will notice I don't use that term in all our little gay debates.

Interesting point, but IMO, the term homophobic is applicable in terms of the defense mechanism of projection.  I know very few people who literally fear gays, but I know many (and many who have posted to this thread) who have a great fear that others may think that they are gay, or approve of the gay thing.

To use myself as an example, the summer between High School and University, I was in a mall with a real cutie pie on what could have been thought of as a 1st date.  She asked me to hold her purse while she tried clothes on.  I made a big friggin deal about it, and basically trashed the 1st impression.  This was one of many instances where I'd like to have a time machine to travel back for the sole purpose of kicking my own ass for being such a tool.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont like being around them.

Messing with someone about it is funny sometimes though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, I honestly don't give a shit whether or not the guy's gay. The only thing I have to say is that if you're a man, you should act like a man, not a woman.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One if you don't like LGBT people, you are not homophobic, which you will notice I don't use that term in all our little gay debates.

Interesting point, but IMO, the term homophobic is applicable in terms of the defense mechanism of projection.  I know very few people who literally fear gays, but I know many (and many who have posted to this thread) who have a great fear that others may think that they are gay, or approve of the gay thing.

To use myself as an example, the summer between High School and University, I was in a mall with a real cutie pie on what could have been thought of as a 1st date.  She asked me to hold her purse while she tried clothes on.  I made a big friggin deal about it, and basically trashed the 1st impression.  This was one of many instances where I'd like to have a time machine to travel back for the sole purpose of kicking my own ass for being such a tool.  

IMO what screws with alot of people is the idea that you can be turned gay which is bs. Your LGBT or your not, hell I even hear gay people tell others that they turned gay.....bs they were gay from the get go and are just trying get their mind around it. It's the same with the exgays,you may not act on your feelings but your still queer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
afraid of gay people...

no.

don't agree with their lifestyle...

yes.

For some reason all you need to do is agree with #2 and somehow they declare you #1. Stupid.

Man!!!  When I read this title I was thinking the same thing!!!

Not afraid of Homos, dont want em around me, dont agree with it, think they are sexual perverts!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
i ming homos but i really don't like seeing gay shit, that bugs me. and as long as they don't touch me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i ming homos but i really don't like seeing gay shit, that bugs me. and as long as they don't touch me.

If any of you homos touch me....I'll kill you
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a barber/hairdresser who is gay and I think he is a great guy.  

As long as they don't give me gay or they don't try to come on to me, they will have no problems from me.

I just hate when they make it a point to point out they are gay....like they want special attention or something.  Oh, and I want them to ban gay marriages.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Keep it away from me, I dont want to know and I dont want to see any of it
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Homosexuality is a choice.

It's origins are not found in DNA, therefore it's a choice.

So, you're saying you could choose to become aroused by men?  Interesting.  Care to share any juicy stories?  

Personally, I can only become aroused by women.  It's always been that way--for as long as I can recall having thoughts of a sexual nature.  IOW, I never "chose" anything--my sexuality just "was/is."  

I disagree strongly with the homosexuality being a choice idea. I mean, I COULD NEVER EVER be aroused by another man. Could you? There has to be something biologically different about them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm married to a woman who is at times, a drama queen, who likes makeup, sexy clothes, expensive perfume, spends an hour in front of the mirror, is saucy, flirty, sometimes petulant, can be bossy and is prone to crying jags.  She's all woman with all the attendant pluses and minuses.  I love her with all my heart.

I don't like men who act like that.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you're saying you could choose to become aroused by men?  Interesting.  Care to share any juicy stories?  

Personally, I can only become aroused by women.  It's always been that way--for as long as I can recall having thoughts of a sexual nature.  IOW, I never "chose" anything--my sexuality just "was/is."  

I'm not sure it's a choice, either.  In much the same way that some people are inherently good, while others evil.  It's a perversion.

I have a fear of nothing, other than grave bodily harm or the loss of loved ones.

And brown recluse.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I ain't afraid of no homo...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure it's a choice, either.  In much the same way that some people are inherently good, while others evil.  It's a perversion.

I have a fear of nothing, other than grave bodily harm or the loss of loved ones.

And brown recluse.

Either way I don't think they have control over it. I had a gay friend who's had sex with many women, before he realized he was gay. He just never got any pleasure out of women.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:05:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

IMO what screws with alot of people is the idea that you can be turned gay which is bs. Your LGBT or your not, hell I even hear gay people tell others that they turned gay.....bs they were gay from the get go and are just trying get their mind around it.

That, folks, is the big lie. That's like saying you are a tobacco addict or you are not.  It's a behavior. Nothing more, nothing less. All it takes is for your mind to decide that it is really an OK thing to do.

I had the same experience with cigarettes. A vile, disgusting habit with no positive outcome. But, it gave me a buzz at first and relaxed me later on. I decided in my mind that it wasn't such a bad thing. Maybe even a "cool" thing. A rebellious thing at least. That's what enabled me to start. And once you start, it's easy to keep going and tough to stop.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I can treat them as anyone else, but stay out of my face about it.

After chasing fags out of the restrooms in the Student Union building at Michigan State University, I just don't like the in-your-face attittudes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Iv'e been around gay people for so many years, it doesn't bother me at all. Now, I don't agree with the lifestyle or what they represent/agenda, but they are like everyone else.
I have a male hairstylist but only females will massage this body.

I think you might be gay. Try going to a barber instead of a male hairstylist.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#30]
We should encourage their deviance. They will then sooner eliminate themselves from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if I am homophobic, but Ron Reagan gives me the willies every time I see him on TV.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#33]
No, because they can all be decent productive members of society who can help keep America moral and strong. But how about druggies and gang bangers???? We should encourage them to the same end as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<gasping for breath>

<gasping for breath>
Dude, really?

Serious as a heart attack, I get that from other queers because I'm voting for Bush [again], have guns,knives and motorcycles. But mostly because I hang out on this board instead of 365GAY or Planetout, and think that alot of our "gay leaders" are full of shit . They think I'm too "str8 acting" and am just trying to be "liked" by the "rednecks"......If I remember it right they called me a "homophobic uncle tom " the last time Kacer and I where preaching the gospel of the 2nd amendment on 365gay a couple of month ago.

Homophobic Uncle Tom???  Look, I got no problem with you being gay, but black ?????

Just kidding.

I don't care what color anyone is, or how they get their kicks.  If they vote for liberals, I dislike them all the same.

If you believe in the Constitution, the American way of hard work and perservance, and have generally Judeo-Christian values, you can eat at my table anytime.

Ain't homophobic, don't care enough, but I don't want to see parades of gays, anymore than I want to see a parade of ugly ass heterosexuals giving me visuals of their nasty asses having sex.

A victoria secret's parade, now THAT I could go for.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#35]
One, the whole born gay idea is still up for grabs, I do not have enough info to make an opinion.
Two, The discussion of gays and gay lifestyle is being handled badly. The standard should be set at a minimum of no physical danger and no cursing.
Three, Unfortunately the agenda people decided to promote the idea that whatever you want to do or be is ok.
Four, thIs is leading to Acceptance of shit, like cultures that have a direct negative impact on people-muslims, slavery polygamy, pedophilia, and other cultural ways of life where someone is not able or allowed to make a consentual choice on their own.
Five, Most gays activists want and demand a level of protection that I do not get. If I dress up in chaps and a g-string and strut down the street, I gaurantee that Dallas PD wil be giving me shit.
I think we need to set basic levels of human decency and learn to live with that.
There is no way that I will ever love the catholic church, and the catholic church does not seem to mind. Why do gays care if I love them and embrace their lifestyle?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We should encourage their deviance. They will then sooner eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

Then we can move on to the Jews, then the retards, then the Industrialists, right Uncle Adolph??  

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Even though we disagree with his life style, the DFW crew has lerned to accept TRG the way he is.

You know, there are people that really do think I am gay.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but...

And 1GR's modifications to my sigline ain't helpin' matters...

TRG

I am confused, you are saying that like you are NOT gay!

TXL

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
However, if there's one thing I can't stand it's one of them telling me I don't agree with their lifestyle because I'm not comfortable with my own sexuality.  I hate that so much.  Their reasoning in that is you are only comfortable with your own sexuality if you're promiscuous or bisexual.  I'm not saying all gay people share this view; but I have been condemned by a few because apparently I'm not in touch with my sexual side.  Give me a break.

This is why I don't have any gay friends.  Years ago during college, I tried to be "tolerant" and "inclusive" and not give a damn about their sexuality, and all I got was a bunch of crap about how my talking about chicks was a sign of my uncomfortableness.  Meanwhile they were doing things like giving out my home address to other gays they thought might be able to "convert" me.  One of these assholes hammered on my door buzzer at 6am, telling me I owed him a backrub and demanding that I let him in.

To hell with them.  Homosexuals are messed up mentally.  I no longer make any pretense of putting up with them.  They can do whatever they want amongst themselves and I'll leave them alone as long as they leave me alone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#41]
homophobic (Webster's definition) - irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

Just for clarification for those who have never bothered to look it up or just don't know.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMO what screws with alot of people is the idea that you can be turned gay which is bs. Your LGBT or your not, hell I even hear gay people tell others that they turned gay.....bs they were gay from the get go and are just trying get their mind around it.

That, folks, is the big lie. That's like saying you are a tobacco addict or you are not.  It's a behavior. Nothing more, nothing less. All it takes is for your mind to decide that it is really an OK thing to do.

I had the same experience with cigarettes. A vile, disgusting habit with no positive outcome. But, it gave me a buzz at first and relaxed me later on. I decided in my mind that it wasn't such a bad thing. Maybe even a "cool" thing. A rebellious thing at least. That's what enabled me to start. And once you start, it's easy to keep going and tough to stop.

Ok please explain to me how being gay is like smoking cigarettes?...other than you think its disgusting.It maybe the in thing to talk about it now and you see more of it on the boob box then say 20 years ago but it didn't just start up in the 70's. Hell I knew I was gay in high school, and trust me it was NOT cool to be gay in a small town high school in the 70's. I got by because at 6'4" 230 pounds and having a very bad temper I didn't get alot of crap from anybody. But the other queers got the "treatment" from just about everybody. I think that kicking the crap out of one of the two gays [that anybody knew about anyway] in my school was part of the football teams training. That poor bastard got his ass beat so often after school that he got to the point of just giving up and wait for it.

Of course I was a peice of shit and didn't do a damn thing to stop it either, so I was just as bad as the guys doing the beating
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't hate gays, I don't fear them.
I simply don't understand them.
BTW, I think people are born gay.  Whether they chose to engage in homosexual acts is their choice.
There are probably people who are attracted to 14 year old girls but don't do anything about it either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#45]

That poor bastard got his ass beat so often after school that he got to the point of just giving up and wait for it.

Of course I was a peice of shit and didn't do a damn thing to stop it either, so I was just as bad as the guys doing the beating

Man, that is so gay.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#46]

A victoria secret's parade, now THAT I could go for.

Well Tx you and Kacer would both go for that!!!

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Whether they chose to engage in homosexual acts is their choice.
There are probably people who are attracted to 14 year old girls but don't do anything about it either.

+1

Once again, it's called perversion.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I don't hate gays, I don't fear them.
I simply don't understand them.
BTW, I think people are born gay.  Whether they chose to engage in homosexual acts is their choice.

And you can have sex with a 14yr old  if you live the SC....and str8
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I find this issue difficult.  America is about freedom, therefore, I don't care what you do behind closed doors, as long as you aren't hurting anybody in the process.  It's when they want to jam it down my male, Christian, heterosexual throat that I get pissed.  And it seems the majority of gays aren't content to be peacefully and tolerantly allowed to do what they want in the bedroom, they have to drag the shit through the media, the halls of government, and in the end, right down the middle of our collective lives.
To THAT I say......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
homophobic (Webster's definition) - irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

Just for clarification for those who have never bothered to look it up or just don't know.

Thank you for the excellent example of why Webster's is worthless.  Homo = same.  Phobia = Unreasonable Fear.  Therefore homophobia is a fear of people who are the same as you, or would be if anybody gave a damn about correct usage.

Furthermore, phobia only means fear.   That crap about aversion to or discrimination against is BS.  It was made up by gay rights activists to imply that if you don't like them then it must be because you are afraid of them.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top