Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Desert tortoise.

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
very cool Serval, how much are they?

my friend has an f3 Bengal snow-leopard, he is another cool cat- not like an ordinary lazy house cat at all, full of personality. He has such a strong bond to his owner that he howls when he leaves the house. Hes very vocal- always yelling at something. He is VERY smart, about as smart as a 2 year old child. Big teeth too, they hang over just past his chin. Im not a real cat guy, but I do like the exotics, its the wildness in them- they still have soul and intelligence in them, and havent been breed to be lazy like other cats.

Quoted:
2 Ferrets
In-Line with a breeder for a female Serval

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a gimp!

Does that count?

Beat me too it
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard pets
beagle
cat
2 oscars

non-standard pets
pure white rat (If you own a rat,mouse,or gerbil don't use pine or cedar bedding it will kill them)

hen mallard (gift to my son from his grandpa) son raised it from a chick but some critter tore its pen open and killed it  let the dog out a minute to late to stop it but the dog got it's licks in before it got away
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a 10" one eyed vomiting white snake.

I believe all that but the white part.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
i keep butterfly, and regular koi
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Some roos and crocs.

Everyone here has em...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Some roos and crocs.

Everyone here has em...

Crikey!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Poison-dart frogs New caledonia crested gecko and a gold-dust day gecko. Let's just say that guns aren't my only hobby. ohh and i used to be into hawking and falconry when i had more time
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
2 Ferrets

www.valleystables-exotics.com/Jett_serval_in_harness__domestic_friend.jpg

Amish, do these cats use a litter box or go outside? Are they de-clawed? Tempermental?

That cat sitting is huge. Is that some sort of special breed?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a125 gallon aquarium with 3 Clown knives, the longest of which is 16 inches (3" when i got it), a 12" Pleco, and a 12"Arrowana. Just got a ferret. I was skeptical, but now I think she is a kick ass pet.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Daughter has a tankful of hermit crabs, but has been wanting us to get her a puppy or kitten.

Had a whitetail deer growing up. We found it shivering beside it's mother's corpse, where she'd been
nailed by a truck. Got a permit from our local gamewarden to keep her, and raised her on a bottle.
Followed us around like a dog.

Also had a groundhog for a few years, that one of the dogs had drug back to the house when it was
tiny. We rescued it since they were just toying with it, and raised it. Funny little critter. Neighbor's
dog ended up killing it, but the dog only outlived the groundhog by a minute or two.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 Ferrets

www.valleystables-exotics.com/Jett_serval_in_harness__domestic_friend.jpg

Amish, do these cats use a litter box or go outside? Are they de-clawed? Tempermental?

That cat sitting is huge. Is that some sort of special breed?hr

It all depends on how they were handled by the breeder.  If they were hand raised and given a shitload of attention, then they are not unlike a big housecat.

They do use a (big) litter box, though they say that they do not cover like a domestic cat.

De-clawing them is up to you.  Ours will be declawed, more for liability reasons than anything else.  

Their temperment is tied to how they were raised, especially when very young.  They tend to bond with one person very closely.  Most owners suggest having a room for them, where they can chill alone if they wish.

Gaspain... about $2k.  The hybrid F1's (50%) are $6k+, while the 75% F1's $8k+.  The female hybrids cost more than the males as the males are sterile until the F5 generation.  

As we are moving to a state the is pissy about wild animal ownership, we are leaning toward a 75% F1 hybrid.  Considerable $$$, thus we plan to get a female, breeding her at least once to help cover the expense.

http://www.cat-domain.com/cats_history/serval.JPG
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Ball Bython

Edit: Ohh yeah, also got 40 rats.  In the freezer that is.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Desert tortoise.

+1

+1

Damn, no wonder these things are on the endangered species list. That is at least 3 AFRFCOMers with one (and I had two) my neighbor had one and so did my friend.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#16]
got a pair of rabbits and a cat, although one rabbit is about to mysteriously 'disappear'. (the little shit don't know how good she's got it).

John
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife has a pet raccoon.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top