Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My wife kept her last name.  No big deal.  She had current medical licenses in 3 states, and they have to match your actual name, so she would have had to change all of them.  More hassle than it's worth.  Kids have my last name, and she answers to my last name if she's called Mrs. XXXX.  She doesn't care, and I'm smart (and polite enough) to say "It might also be under YYYYY."

Don't see the big deal, really.  People who are asshats are just...asshats, and their wife's last name doesn't change that.

Scott

ScottS,

I'm a doc myself and I thought that M.D.'s could not change their last name once it was on their medical school degree.  There is always a mad dash for married female medical students to legally change their name before they graduate.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
BITCHES .

Need slapped around to straighten them out.

Especially bitches with those STUPID hyphenated last names...gawd that is so stupid...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is NOT the first time this has happened to us. As many of you know I am in the refrigeration service business. We get customers that call and say, "Hi, Im Mr Jones and we are wondering what the status is on our parts order"

So we answer, "We dont have a 'Jones' awaiting parts"

Mr Jones gets all huffy now. "WHAT?? I PAID YOU A DEPOSIT AND NOW YOU TAKE MY MONEY AND CANT FIND ME?? YOU ARE INCOMPETENT!!"

Sir, What address are you at, maybe we can find you that way. Gives us the address and we now have to physically go through every invoice by address...AH HA!!!! FOUND IT!!! But the name is 'Smith'

So we get back on the phone to mr Huff-n-Puff and tell him "Sir, we found it. But it is under the name of 'Smith'

Dickhead says... "Oh, thats my wife's last name"

Now wouldnt you think that when we FIRST couldnt find his paperwork and his WIFE was the one who set up the service call in the first place, He would say "It may be under the name Jones or Smith"?

Before my bride and I were married and I called in to find out status on ANYTHING whether if be a service call or reservation, I would say it is probably under my name or my fiancee's and give them both names.

This has happened QUITE a few times already... Beligerant assholes.

Hmmm, imagine if this was for something he came in to pick up... "I'm sorry sir, unless you are Mrs. Smith, I can't allow you to pick this item up as this one is not in your name and we don't appear to be holding anything for a Jones"

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
+1

I alway feel bad for the kids.  

"HI I am Timmy Turner-Hansen."  

WTF is that!

Yeah, and furthermore, what happens if Timmy Turner-Hansen marries feminazi Shiela Ecert-Rhinehold? WTH will Jr. be called, Timmy Turner-Hansen-Ecert-Rhinehold Jr??????????? And what if their grandchildren are the projeny of this continuing madness? Eight last names???

Since I now have a headache thinking of this I will return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

NMSight

Aren't you aware that the more names you have, the more important, influential and powerful you become? If you are a lowly plebe that uses only your single first and last names, try introducing yourself by also reciting your middle name, giving you three names and more power...you'll notice immediately and before long, you'll be adopting your wife's last name.

Incidentally, I knew a guy who changed his name to Superman Profits III.... I'm not kidding... no, I mean it, seriously...that was his legal name and yes I was personally acquainted with him and the name did not do his weirdness justice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys have it all wrong.
She can keep her name. As long as my son has mine who cares.
Since my profession is rather incestuous, everyone knows everybody else; it gives me a little freer reign, it’s plausible deniability. Or whatever that term is that eludes me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My wife kept her last name.  No big deal.  She had current medical licenses in 3 states, and they have to match your actual name, so she would have had to change all of them.  More hassle than it's worth.  Kids have my last name, and she answers to my last name if she's called Mrs. XXXX.  She doesn't care, and I'm smart (and polite enough) to say "It might also be under YYYYY."

Don't see the big deal, really.  People who are asshats are just...asshats, and their wife's last name doesn't change that.

Scott

You ordered some refrigerator parts didn;t you.......

jk ;)

I think the feminazis do this just to make it easier to get a divorce if they get tired of being married.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ScottS,

I'm a doc myself and I thought that M.D.'s could not change their last name once it was on their medical school degree.  There is always a mad dash for married female medical students to legally change their name before they graduate.  

My wife's an RN/NP.  Their license has to match their legal name, so if you change from YYYY to YYYY-XXXX, that has to show on the license, and then if you go all the way to XXXX, it has to change again.  What a hassle.  She gets called Mrs. XXXX a lot, especially at school, and she has never, to my knowledge, corrected anyone.  She also doesn't eat meat, but that doesn't stop her from whipping up a beef tenderloin when we have company.  She's pretty easygoing that way.

Now, if I could just talk her into an LMT upper...

Scott
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of "git along little dogie" how about 'git along little cock puncher"? Is that something a cowboy/puncher would say?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top