Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2001 7:26:29 PM EDT
Does anyone know the differance between the Desert Eagle Mark XIX and Mark VII in .50 A.E.? Which is the one to have? I have a chance to buy a Mark VII.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out there website at: http://www.magnumresearch.com/.  They have an electronic means to contact them for asking questions at "contact them."

Magnum Research Inc. can be reached 8:30 to 4:30 PM (CST), Monday through Friday at 1-763-574-1868 or 1-800-772-6168.

http://www.zvis.com/dep.shtml
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mark 19 is the new model and the 7 is the old.  I own a .44 Mag Mark 7 and love it.  I have also shot a .50AE Mark 19 and love it too.  The 19 has some new features that are nice, but I can live without for the price difference.  The 19 allows easy, but expensive, caliber changes.  It also has a built in scope rail on the barrel, which the 7 doesn't.  

You can find the 7's at a good price, because people are clearing out the old for the new.  I think they are both great guns.  It just depends on what you want and how much your willing to pay.

fuatos
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. One thing I noticed about the Mark VII I was looking at is that it had a scope rail on it and I wonder if came that way or if someone has modified it. I'm thinking of trading a preban Mini-14 in stainless with factory folding stock.  I know the Mark VII is used but it appears to be in very good condition as is my Mini-14.  Would it be a good trade?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sound like a good trade to me, although I hope you still have at least one tactical carbine on hand.  For practicality reasons, the big DE is more a novelty, unless your local laws allow it for hunting use.  I used to own a .50 (I think all the .50's were/are Mark 19s) & it was a riot to shoot.  Also made a great pig weapon (the 4 legged type.)  But alas, at $30 for 20 rounds I sold it to someone who wanted it worse than I wanted to keep it.  Now I'm saving for one of Tony's uppers - go figure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top