Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...and she says, "Call me tomorrow, we'll go have drinks!"

I am 18.

Need a plan... any ideas?

Use some common sense and ask her what she wants to do at the time. Yes, you don't drink, so what? Alcohol isn't everything you know and it sure as hell isn't a way to have a good time. Call me old fashioned but I tell you something. Getting wasted then doing the wild thing isn't going to do you a bit of good. It's only going to do damage to your relationship, IF you're really trying to impress this girl and you want to see her again. If you're out for a quick lay in the hay, then that's your perogative.

Start thinking like a gentleman and treat her with respect. Not all females want to get a quick roll. There are some of us who are out for a good time and that's it. If one thing leads to another, then so be it but don't have intentions or expectations. You'll regret it.

Call me sentimental and romantic at heart but I believe that first dates are just that, first dates, not a free for all - unless she comes on to you and even then a question would come to mind. Then again, the question comes into play, how do you feel about this girl, do you want a relationship with her or are you looking for a quickie? It's a 2 way street.

I suppose I've been spoiled by Syn and his gentleman tactics before we even got married and even now to this day he still does it. It's all about treating the female gender with respect, opening doors for them, helping them with their coat, walking them to their car, stuff like that. It's when you do little things like that , you earn positive points on the score card.  

This is coming from a female point of view, but remember you're the one who's going to be waking up the next morning either feeling regrets for making the wrong moves or looking forward to the next date. Good luck and I hope it works out on a positive note for the both of you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm just that cool.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
When you're at the Sushi Bar, piss on her underneath the table.  She'll like that.  Seriously though, if you're off to bootcamp in a few days you need to liquor that bitch up and slam it the fuck home cause you aint gonna get any for awhile.  And if you deploy overseas, you are mostly looking at hookers the entire time so get some American pie before you ship out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
So I call her and we set up something for Sunday...

then...

I hear baby/kid noises in the background and she says "I'm going to the gym but have to put my son to sleep first"

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
IT WAS A TRAP!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Your 18 and you don't know how to get booze and how to sneak into bars?  Damn, theres alot you need to learn.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Your 18 and you don't know how to get booze and how to sneak into bars?  Damn, theres alot you need to learn.

I have a couple bottles of jager, and first snuck into a bar at 15. But it's probably not going to impress a girl in her mid-20s.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a couple bottles of jager, and first snuck into a bar at 15. But it's probably not going to impress a girl in her mid-20s.

Well you have the jager and her number so your halfway there, pick up some goldschlager, go to her house and do shots for half jager half schlager and you'll be banging like two wild animals all night

Or you can sneak into the bar before she gets there, just grab onto the first beer bottle you see there, thats just as good as an ID.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't listen to NSFJojo. You need MD 20/20 and Rainier beer.

I dont think that will work on Brit!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you have the jager and her number so your halfway there, pick up some goldschlager, go to her house and do shots for half jager half schlager and you'll be banging like two wild animals all night

Or you can sneak into the bar before she gets there, just grab onto the first beer bottle you see there, thats just as good as an ID.

Yeah I normally go for an empty (but used) glass
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#12]
leykis 101 rules of dating --  DONT DATE SINGLE MOMS

but since you are going into the military soon and this might be your one and only date, go see what happens, i bet she brings the kid along, and she will prolly not date you once you finds out your younger. just dont have sex with her, shes made one mistake, and might do it again to get her hand in your wallet for 18 years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't listen to NSFJojo. You need MD 20/20 and Rainier beer.

I dont think that will work on Brit!

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...and she he says, "Call me tomorrow, we'll go have drinks!"

I am 18.

Need a plan... any ideas?

There fixed it for yeah
All in good fun!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Wrap the weasel and go to town.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#16]
hmmm... thanks for the tip bout the empty glass, first of all. (17 y/o here)

I'll leave the plan question for those who are better able to answer it. I have one of  question of my own.

You've already been to college. So why are you going to "Basic" instead of OCS? or are you headed for the USMC and talking about TBS in Quantico?

Just wondering and sorry bout the threadjack.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Having a Kid is as good a sign as a Butt Tat that she Puts out man!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Having a Kid is as good a sign as a Butt Tat that she Puts out man!

+1

But, single moms cling.  Be careful.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
-snip-
But let's break this down:

Starbucks:  9 dollars
Wine: 20/60 dollars
Sushi: At least 55, then a 15.00 dollar tip should be good.
Puntang:  Free if you don't fuck this up.  
-snip-

Free my ass! That's $99-$139. Get a rental, save $50 and have the rest of the evening to do something constructive.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'll leave the plan question for those who are better able to answer it. I have one of  question of my own.

You've already been to college. So why are you going to "Basic" instead of OCS? or are you headed for the USMC and talking about TBS in Quantico?

I started college part time at 9, full time at 12. I dropped out on August 21st, at 17, with 135 credits and no degree. I want to do hands-on stuff, which is why I enlisted rather than went with an officer program. Oh and its Navy basic/boot camp/recruit training, after that I go to Corpsman school. After that, Field Medical Service Technician school.

another bar tip: Go into a combo restaurant/bar when its really busy, you can easily get into the bar area. Then, just grab an empty glass and have at it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
They don't have to be alcoholic.  Take her out to starbucks, then finish at the sushi bar.  sounds like a great date, but have your 21+ buddies score you a nice bottle of Merlot, just in case u finish at your house.  

You:  Wow, that was a great dinner.
Her:  Yeh, I had a really good time.

You: Well, I do havea bottle of Merlot sitting at home that I was waiting for the proper occasion to open.  Do you want to come back to my pad and toast to a wonderful evening?

Alternate Version:  I have this excellent bottle of "vintage and year", did you want to come back to my house and enjoy a nice after dinner drink?

Don't fuck this up.  If u have 50-75 bucks on hand go pick up a bottle of Tresor from Ferrari-Carano, I work for them, believe me it's good shit.  

WineMakers Notes
Blend: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Cabernet franc
Alcohol: 13.8% (That's better than Zima and it's known as liquid panty remover)
Barrel Aging: 26 months
Bottle Aging: 20 months

If you have only 20 bucks:

Stay the fuck away from Robert Mondavi, Kendall Jackson, Berringer, yellow tail, Eco Domani or whatever American, Italian or Australian wine you can find.  They are shit.  In Fact, they are so low key you will insult her when you bring th ebottle out.  Instead, get a nice Chilean wine from the Rapel Valley, I know the Cab is better, but she won't like the complexity, so go with a merlot.  Try Casa Lapostelle.  If you can get it in 1995 the more the better.  Don't fuck this up, she will respect a man that gives her a decent glass of wine.  

Dude, if you don't havea  car, you're not going to get laid, so don't waste your cash.

But let's break this down:

Starbucks:  9 dollars
Wine: 20/60 dollars
Sushi: At least 55, then a 15.00 dollar tip should be good.
Puntang:  Free if you don't fuck this up.  

Make sure the house looks great, and it doesn't smell.  Make sure it isn't your parents house.  Borrow an apartment for the nite if you have to.  

Make sure there is a nice patio to sip the wine on or at least a decent movie with a nice blanket to cuddle in.  Don't fuck this up.  Don't have the wine and the glasses sitting on the table.  Dont forget the corkscrew.  And don't forget to update us on how this went.

ETA:  Icecream is so fucking gay.  Why don't you go finger paint with her too and then scrounge up a couple quaters to go play pac-man and then read the book of mormon to her.

Knowing this much about wine is fucking uber gay.  I bet you've got a closet full of shoes and have shirts in colors like peach and mauve....  You probably pay someone to do your nails and get your hair done at a place with a sign that says SALON.

"Sip wine on a nice patio..." ,  "...make sure the house looks great..."

Is your favorite show Queer Eye For The Straight Guy?

FAG!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I started college part time at 9, full time at 12. I dropped out on August 21st, at 17, with 135 credits and no degree. I want to do hands-on stuff, which is why I enlisted rather than went with an officer program. Oh and its Navy basic/boot camp/recruit training, after that I go to Corpsman school. After that, Field Medical Service Technician school.

another bar tip: Go into a combo restaurant/bar when its really busy, you can easily get into the bar area. Then, just grab an empty glass and have at it.

If you have been going to college for the last eight years, surely you have some above aged friends who can buy you or give you some beer, particularly if they know this is your last chance for ass before boot.

I'm kind of fascinated by your story.  I enlisted in the Navy at 17.5.  I showed up enough to pass high school, but that was the extent of my academic acheivement.  Even so, I did well on the ASVAB, and went to the home of my (unmotivated goofy slacker) people, Nuke School.  If you were in college since 9 and had 135 credits, I am very surprised you didn't get the ROTC hard-sell.

Regardless, I wish you much luck in boot.  Remember, one of the key purposes of boot is to weed out those who can't hack it.  Afterwards, you can even keep a non-conformist attitude, so long as you can shelve it when necessary.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have been going to college for the last eight years, surely you have some above aged friends who can buy you or give you some beer, particularly if they know this is your last chance for ass before boot.

I'm kind of fascinated by your story.  I enlisted in the Navy at 17.5.  I showed up enough to pass high school, but that was the extent of my academic acheivement.  Even so, I did well on the ASVAB, and went to the home of my (unmotivated goofy slacker) people, Nuke School.  If you were in college since 9 and had 135 credits, I am very surprised you didn't get the ROTC hard-sell.

Regardless, I wish you much luck in boot.  Remember, one of the key purposes of boot is to weed out those who can't hack it.  Afterwards, you can even keep a non-conformist attitude, so long as you can shelve it when necessary.

I really have no problem getting alcohol (who does, lol) but the problem stemmed from my inability to get into a bar w/o using underhanded tactics and w/o lying to her. Also, the last thing I need is an MIP 3 days before I ship.

I took many ROTC courses, both Army and Navy, but a Catch-22 of sorts prevented me from signing an ROTC contract. In order to contract, you have to be 17 w/parental permission. But by the time I was 17, I was a senior, and had been for a year. You can't be over junior status to contract.

Also, when I enlisted, the recruiter told me that I was required to talk to an officer recruiter at the division (Phoenix) headquarters. He tried to talk me into an officer program for 20 minutes, then finally gave up and told me I didn't qualify anyway. I already knew that you have to be 19 to be an officer. So it was pointless.

The Navy tried to sell me Nuke school about 92308694 times, too, but I wasn't interested. They tried to tell me about the gazillion dollar bonus, but I definitely didn't join for the money, and I wouldn't want to be well paid for something I hate (math) anyway.

Oh, BTW, the girl never called me back, so
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I Know you ain't in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.squirreloncrack.com/gallery/albums/ItsaTrappage/Trap.jpg

Can't believe it took this long
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
dude just be up front with the girl. Then as usual, stuff it in her pooper and post pics

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top