Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2001 12:05:36 PM EDT
 Help? Can anybody tell me if it  is worth going to contacts so I can get a better sight picture at the range. I'm up for new glasses and I have bi-focals now. Most of the time I don't use them at the bench(I know that is a safety issue) because it is hard to get a good picture.Also, do you focus on the crosshairs or the target when sighting and which part of the bi-focal do you best use. Would contacts help or might I have to get bi-focals in them as well. I get blurriness now and since I do not own high quality scopes, I have no idea if it is me or the scopes(Leatherwood, Tasco, Simmons etc). Thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
contacts work great for me... I couldn't stand shooting with glasses while using a scope.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I think contacts are the way to go.  Some of the issues will go away with better scopes.  Quality glass makes a huge difference.  

I have problems trying to shoot with my glasses.

my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Contacts are the way to go.  Glasses give you a flatter image and also you can only see if you look straight ahead.  Depending of the curve of the lense, it can distort the crosshairs.  I changed to contacts and my vision is more 3D and I can see out of the corner of my eye.  The scopes I set with glasses on were all tilted, where as they looked straight with glasses on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top