Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riiiight right.  Would you also like some white gloves and ketchup popsicles to go with it?

Perhaps would could arrange for you to use a FAMAS as well?

Actually the FAMAS is a very good weapon… one of the better military assault rifles, although it's a bullpup it's easy to use lefty as well.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes my eyes water just looking at all those riflrs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't believe the British would dump all those FALs, then adopt the POS they have now.

Have you got one? or do you have any experience with them??

That POS you're referring to is the SA80A2and there's nothing wrong with them now that all the "problems" have been fixed.

I was talking to some Marine friends of mine  from 42 Commando about the SA80A2 last friday. Asked them how it compares now with the M16 which they also use. They reckon it is a first class gun now all the bugs are out. It does not jam anymore, is VERY accurate, (20" barrel) and the 40mm HK grenade launcher is the mutts nuts!

ANdy

They (SA80A2) still need to use the downloaded ammunition to function perfectly, don't they

Not any more. Latest Radway Green SS109 is full spec, and very good too.
Incidentally, I was recently shooting in Norway with my AR that I keep over there. The older "old spec" RG wouldn't cycle it, or any of the other AR's in the club, but there were no problems with the old ammo in the Galil, Steyr Aug's and HK33. Apart from the early ammo being below par, it appears that the AR15's open gas system is no match for a piston driven system.

A few years back, the US National Guard came over to shoot the TAASAM matches at Bisley.
They complained that the ammo wouldn't function their rifles. The next year the British military teams went to shoot the Interservices matches at Little Rock,AK and they complained that the LC ammo they were using was causing the SA80's to recoil harder than normal and was breaking their guns. Bolts were literally shearing. That is why the ammo was down loaded in the first placeThis was when the SA80 was withdrawn from NATO's list of approved weapons and is what caused the government and military to go ahead with the refit to A2 specs.
Now it's a fine weapon.

Mark
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top