Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2001 11:42:02 AM EDT
[url]www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/6/4/180946.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I guess no more shopping at Homo Depot for me.  It's not that I mind fags all that much, but I would prefer that my money be donated to a cause that I support.  How about donating to the NRA?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you figure my next post?
Home Depot sucks!! Do you hate them to??
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#3]
From the article -

[i]The retail chain amended its policy on equal employment opportunity May 11 to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation. Suzanne Apple, vice president of community affairs for Home Depot, said the promotion was "a great opportunity for Home Depot to support PFLAG's work in building stronger families, a cornerstore of our community involvement program." [/i]

More re-defining of words -

"Families" means a social unit headed up by a married pair of the opposite sex, often with children.

Its Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

And its a proven fact that theh "cornerstone" of the community is the traditional family unit.

Basically, the Home Depot spokesperson in an idiot.

No problemo. Depot sucks anyway. Lousy selection. I shop at Lowes.

Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I shop at Lowes.
View Quote

Or, you could do what I do.  I cut/saw my own plywood.  GRRRR
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, yeah.  Subaru also funds homo groups.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
Can you figure my next post?
Home Depot sucks!! Do you hate them to??
View Quote

Pun intended?
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The only reason why I ban them is because 99% of the crap they sell is made in China.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
they also support anti hunting groups which i said in a reply a while back and no one seemed to care. shop lowes they're better anyways.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
What the fuck is happening to the world?  I'm starting to think that it's being run by  Democratic, Tree-hugging, hippy, anti-military, FAGS!  It's really starting to piss me off.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm.. don't know about your Home Depot but most of the women, and I use the term loosely, look a little to butch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Look at the bright side, the environment becomes more "target rich" each and every day...
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#13]
They plan to rename the holiday

"$hit on a Stick Day"

Son: Dad, Have a happy $hit on a Stick Day!

Dad: Thanks son, you little poop.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
My last experience at Home Depot:

My dad, a lifetime carpenter, was helping me fix some things around the house.  We go to HD to buy some nails and he asks this old timer where the nails are.  He shrugs and walks away.  My dad calls him a lazy, no-good waste of a human being and a few other choice words.  :-)  After that, we went to a local hardware store and got exactly what we needed.  

Two things come to mind:

Minimum wage = minimum effort
Big places like Home Depot are more for ripping off the yuppie homeowners than for people who know their business.

I don't care what their policy is on gays, that's the corporation's business.  They are just pandering to suburbanites who make up their customer base.  It is supposedly good business these days to pretend to care.  I see right through it, but the sheep don't pay attention to the real details, by and large.

I have a choice to shop there or go someplace else.  I exercise that choice judiciously in all my business affairs.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Is Home Depot also sending a message to the youth of America that it is "OK" to grow up and become a gay or lesbo?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My dad, a lifetime carpenter, was helping me fix some things around the house.  We go to HD to buy some nails and he asks this old timer where the nails are.  He shrugs and walks away.  My dad calls him a lazy, no-good waste of a human being and a few other choice words.  :-)  After that, we went to a local hardware store and got exactly what we needed.    
View Quote

Gee, my experience at HD has been exactly the opposite and usually irritating.  When I ask where something is, the HD employee insists on showing me exactly where it is, even if it is half way across the store.  Just tell me where it it and I'll be happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top