Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
CAR BATTERIES?????

If I recall you are charged a core price if you dont turn one in when you purchase one.  And If I am not mistakin' anyonbe selling car batteries is required to take the dead ones.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
CAR BATTERIES?????

If I recall you are charged a core price if you dont turn one in when you purchase one.  And If I am not mistakin' anyonbe selling car batteries is required to take the dead ones.

nah, i was referring to AA, C, D alkaline and other small household batteries.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Where I grew up... everyone burned their trash.  There was no trash pickup.... and you just took care of your waste yourself.

All I gotta say is your post sounds a lot like WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! to me.

Move to the big city if you want government controls.... and you can get involved in all kinds of cool rules and regulations so you can tell your neighbors what they can and cannot do.

I can't WAIT to move out in the country and I will light up a nice big trash fire, throw a couple tires on it, and think of you guys.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where I grew up... everyone burned their trash.  There was no trash pickup.... and you just took care of your waste yourself.

Move to the big city if you want government controls.... and you can get involved in all kinds of cool rules and regulations so you can tell your neighbors what they can and cannot do.

I can't WAIT to move out in the country and I will light up a nice big trash fire, throw a couple tires on it, and think of you guys.  

I appreciate your input on the subject.  Though you are wrong and abraisive in your assumption of my attitude I feel you have the right to do as you wish on your own land, just as I have the right to try to make a better community around mine.  Should sometime in the future you might want to ask a question of the board and get a feel of the members opinion on a subject I will try to show you respect and decency in my replies.  Your solution to my problem is unsatisfactory and won't be considered as viable but I thank you for using your entire capacity to muster up an answer.  If I can be of any service to yo, please feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
STFU and GO HUG A TREE City Boy...

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate your input on the subject.  Though you are wrong and abraisive in your assumption of my attitude I feel you have the right to do as you wish on your own land, just as I have the right to try to make a better community around mine.  Should sometime in the future you might want to ask a question of the board and get a feel of the members opinion on a subject I will try to show you respect and decency in my replies.  Your solution to my problem is unsatisfactory and won't be considered as viable but I thank you for using your entire capacity to muster up an answer.  If I can be of any service to yo, please feel free to ask.

NO U JUST THINK THAT YOU COME 1st, LIKE ALL OTHER LIBERALS
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hey man, just my 2 cents.  Dont take it personally.  What did you expect.... posting on the internet?    I seem to come off as abrasive a lot.... man.... I think people take the internet posting crap WAAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously.  It's just (fairly) anonymouse discussion..... and half of it is more entertainment than real content.  So dont get your feathers ruffled....

City boy.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
So did you move in before all these folks with their burn barrels showed up?  Or did you not research the area you were thinking of spending your hard earned money?

I moved to the country to get away from building permits and stuff.  I still have some crud though, seems like there is no where to get away from it all.

I have a burn barrel.  I also haul in recyclable cans, plastics, glass, and what not.

After working on some equipment at a big garbage site, rumpke for southern ohio folks, I have to say I wonder how bad things would look if rednecks did not burn trash, often bury trash, and sometimes haul just ashes to the local dump.

After seeing the dump I wondered about even getting out of my truck, let alone driving over the "roads" to the piece of equipment that needed its roof top ac system fixed.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
In the county that I live in the people burn their garbage in barrels in their yards.  This disgusting habit is practiced by almost all of the people that live outside of a town and even in the small village that my home is in.  The closest garbage dump is about 12 miles away but it seems that the hillbillies only use it to empty the full barrels of stinking ash about once a month.  The smell of smoldering plastic and household garbage makes it impossible to enjoy an outdoor event or quiet evening on the front porch.  I have no idea how much pollution can be attributed to this practice but it has to be a hazard.  The rusty barrels lined up next to the road in front of house after house is mute testimony to the fact that lazy, uncouth, ignorant people live there.

I hope to have a talk with the county commisioner about this subject and the lack of a leash law for pets.  Is this a problem in other rural locations?  I have lived in several states but have never seen anything like this.

Suggestions?

1. run for office
2. win
3. discover you are now more powerless than before - resign.
4. move to my state and let's go shooting.  Bring your AR. (and a brick or two - I'm all out)

Sorry man, can't fight the power.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Pangea, I have the same problem with my neighbor. Every f***in weekend he sets off the "55" barrell, 10 am, smoulders for 6-7 hrs and really ruins your day . Nothing like trying to do heavy construction work in 95 degree heat with the stench of burning plastic and garbage.My wife has asthma and has to stay inside. The neighbor usually follows this up sunday with another round of burnt garbage. His "55 "is about 60' from my house.And the wind is always coming my way. What rags me out is the dump is ONE MILE from here. He is a lazy asshole.    This lowlife  also let his horse starve to death, and his chickens too. I've come up with a remedy.
Three lbs. black powder, ( it'll take him at least 3 times to figure he needs to go to the dump and stop burning) Drill out a piece of fire wood with an auger and fill it with black powder, drive a stob in the hole and put it in his "55" under the ashes. Stand by with the viedo.... 3 k-booms later should do it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Pangea, I have the same problem with my neighbor. Every f***in weekend he sets off the "55" barrell, 10 am, smoulders for 6-7 hrs and really ruins your day . Nothing like trying to do heavy construction work in 95 degree heat with the stench of burning plastic and garbage.My wife has asthma and has to stay inside. The neighbor usually follows this up sunday with another round of burnt garbage. His "55 "is about 60' from my house.And the wind is always coming my way. What rags me out is the dump is ONE MILE from here. He is a lazy asshole.    This lowlife  also let his horse starve to death, and his chickens too. I've come up with a remedy.
Three lbs. black powder, ( it'll take him at least 3 times to figure he needs to go to the dump and stop burning) Drill out a piece of fire wood with an auger and fill it with black powder, drive a stob in the hole and put it in his "55" under the ashes. Stand by with the viedo.... 3 k-booms later should do it.

BAD idea.  YOU deserve the kaboom in your face while you are trying to plant it on his property.  I hope you arent anywhere remotely close to serious.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top