Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But hes pro-gun..

... That he is amigo!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Eminem is a no talent a$$ clown who will find himself in prison for killing someone.  I just hope some inoccent bystander doesnt get caught in the crossfire.

You're giving this pussy too much credit, he's about as "street" as britney spears.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is a joke. It's funny all the whigger kids think he is so it, and its not about the so called "music".  

... Who you calling a kid?

Its a free country kind of so listen to whatever dickless asswipe you want. Little mr mathers would be washing dishes or selling shoes as well as those like him regardless of color were it not for the gullability of the record buying public. Just to clarify a point does he even play a musical instrument? The act of manually manipulating a turntable does not count.  There have been a few rapish songs I have heard on the radio that I find OK but I dont have a clue who sings them. I just find the current Vanilla Ice poster boy a laughable parody.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, maybe vanilla ice has some of oh so cool jeni pants for sale! That and a 10 pound clock around his neck and he is set.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:55:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Vanilla Ice played here the other week, I missed it, damn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I like both kinds of music-country AND western.

I'm generally a bluegrass fan, with some disposition towards jam band stuff and a classic rock lover.  

And name a more talented musician than Eminem that has come out on the US pop scene in the last five years.  I can't think of any.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:56:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He is a joke. It's funny all the whigger kids think he is so it, and its not about the so called "music".  

Its a free country kind of so listen to whatever dickless asswipe you want. Little mr mathers would be washing dishes or selling shoes as well as those like him regardless of color were it not for the gullability of the record buying public. Just to clarify a point does he even play a musical instrument? The act of manually manipulating a turntable does not count.  There have been a few rapish songs I have heard on the radio that I find OK but I dont have a clue who sings them. I just find the current Vanilla Ice poster boy a laughable parody.

... What's that funky smell in here?

... Oh I know!

... It smells like sour grapes!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And name a more talented musician than Eminem that has come out on the US pop scene in the last five years.  I can't think of any.

eminem=musician Talking shit over a sound track does not qualify one as a "musician"

The US pop scene has nothing to do with "talent". Its all about selling a bullshit image to silly kids.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

eminem=musician Talking shit over a sound track does not qualify one as a "musician"

The US pop scene has nothing to do with "talent". Its all about selling a bullshit image to silly kids.

... well dammit, now that you mention it. Eminem hasn't done anything other than pad his bankroll by a Billion dollars

... you're right sir, he's "nothing" (how can we stop this madness?)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hit

... well dammit, now that you mention it. Eminem hasn't done anything other than pad his bankroll by a Billion dollars

... you're right sir, he's "nothing" (how can we stop this madness?) hr

Michael Jackson has a huge bank account too.

hock.gif
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay, Okay, im done.

Oh...BTW, did I mention that I fuckin' hate eminem?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How about.. Los Lonely Boys?

Not what I prefer, but definately more talented than Eminem and they appear on the Billboard pop charts.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the happier moments in my life was when eminem was playing the warped tour(mainly punk show) in Southern Cal but was getting booed and stopped rapping when somebody hit him squarely in the face with a full water bottle.  It was beautiful.  He then proceeded to mutter something under his breath and run off the stage.  I have no idea why people are defending him here, "you know wat I'm sayin"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have no idea why people are defending him here...

... I ain't defending his moral code

... I am simply promoting the fact his music and lyrics kick butt - that's all

(some of you fellers need to get out of the country once in a while)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#16]
It doesn't take talent to talk, and  yanking a record back and fourth on a turntable ain't playing an instrument. NO TALENT!

Rap sucks, it should be called  CRAP!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:15:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Man W_W, you got all the Rap haters tirred up today....

Good job....

IBTL

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:41:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Threads like this make me wonder why I even come into GD anymore.

Between the creationists and the people that are about to have a stroke over what music someone else chooses to listen to, I am really starting to question the membership around here.

W_W, burn me a copy of the cd when you get it.
I still perfer the Jugalos.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:00:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:04:57 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hit

... you're right sir, he's "nothing" (how can we stop this madness?) hr

Michael Jackson has a huge bank account too.

hock.gif

So did Liberace

http://www.liberace.com/images/postcard6.jpg

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm with you W_W.

His lyrics are always fresh and creative.

After I listened to Marshall Mathers LP I was wondering how he could possibly go higher than that.

Then out came The Eminem Show, I was hoping Sing for the Moment would become a single, sure enough it did.

Guess I'm just another wigger from the "'burbs."

Did I mention I can see about one house standing in my front yard? This place is getting crowded.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:22:30 AM EDT
[#22]
nevermind
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Vote Chtulu.....sorry back into the cave now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Lose Yourself is one of the best workout/pump-up songs.....ever.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Eminem = low class no talent degenerate scum.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#27]
The boy can rap. I think he's a dipshit...but he's got the fire, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Eminem may be many things to many people but the last thing he can be accused of is having "no talent". His "talent" is pissing people off and he is damn good at it. He came from nothing and made himself what he is today. He loves his daughter more than life itself. I have to respect that.
I happen to like his music but then again I like music from many genres. He is good at what he does. He tells things the way he sees them and he doesnt cave in when people get their "panties in a bunch". You have to really LISTEN to what he is saying to understand him.  If he gets YOUR "panites in a bunch" with his persona and mere words you should take a step back and ask yourself:  "Why?"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
pfft that fucker ripped off Cage and Necro

Are you talking about Necro from the underground hip hop scene??
Just curios..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Rap has ruined music  

Talking to dead father... "Pops, this crap is way worse than Rock and Roll I kid you not"

GM
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I couldn't name a single song of Eminem's, so I'll only ask what people think is his best track, and take a listen.

Well?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#32]
He can definitely rap.  There have been multiple times when I alughed out loud at something in one of his songs.  and they're my weapon of choice when I've had too many beers and feel the need to tunr into a white female gangsta.

But I definitely don't advocate raping your mother or killing your wife.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I couldn't name a single song of Eminem's, so I'll only ask what people think is his best track, and take a listen.

Well?

Best track?  Lose yourself is pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Rap sucks. He could be the greatest ever and still suck. Plus he's a punk. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I will be picking up a copy to jam too, I ain't that old yet
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well?

Best track?  Lose yourself is pretty good.

+1 (listening to it now actually...sheer coincidence, its on my Media Player Playlist)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well?

"Lose Yourself," followed by "Stan" as a close second.  Well, maybe not t hat close.  But "Stan" was the song that first got me into Eminem.  Very creative.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah!  Plenty of adults have crappy taste in music!  

... You know, that's a funny thing. I throw parties at my place from time-to-time (with conservative friends, neighbors and ARFCOMMERS) and invariably everyone begins to "let loose" once my hip-hop collection begins to spin.

... hummmm. wonder why?

Because it gives them a sense of hope to see someone else from the trailer park get a job.

But seriously, I can't believe someone would pay to listen to someone whine about how mean their mommy was to them.  Hopefully it's just a phase that you'll grow out of it when your nuts drop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Classic, a white guy does something just as well as a black guy it he gets shit for it, but the niggaz do it and its all good. He is a talented guy, most rappers are gang bangin thugz/felons, why does the white guy get shit for it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Well?

... Here ya go! - Use your volume!

... While not his best track IMO, it's certainly typical of his work

... kick-ass video w/EMINEM Music as a backdrop
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Classic, a white guy does something just as well as a black guy it he gets shit for it, but the niggaz do it and its all good. He is a talented guy, most rappers are gang bangin thugz/felons, why does the white guy get shit for it.

That's right, all us "brothas" got together on here to put down whitey for all the years he's kept the black man down.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Talented...ohhh shit that's funny.  He's the modern day Vanilla Ice.  Give him a couple more years NOBODY will admit to listening to him!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Talented...ohhh shit that's funny.  He's the modern day Vanilla Ice.  Give him a couple more years NOBODY will admit to listening to him!!!

Please don't say a couple more years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't say a couple more years.

It may take that long considering how utterly stupid the hop hop crowd is these days.  Back in vanilla the firsts reign, the children drawn to that drivel were not quite as unintelligent as the ones today...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:... While not his best track IMO, it's certainly typical of his work

... kick-ass video w/EMINEM Music as a backdrop

I found the slightly off-beat rapping irritating within seconds. He also needs to vary the rhythms he uses. I liked the guitar riff, though. Should have been more of that.

Not my thing, overall. But if you like it, hey...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Eminem:  Creationist or Evolutionist?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eminem:  Creationist or Evolutionist?

Definitly wasn't created by the Divine One.  He evolved from the will of closet case vanilla ice fans.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#48]
WADR guyz...who is this M&M dude, and who listens to these misogenist, racist, hate-filled racist punks anyway...and finally, WHO CARES?

Now...I have just categorized myself as a pedantic Old Fart...right?  GOOD!

Have a nice weekend, y'all!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pfft that fucker ripped off Cage and Necro

Are you talking about Necro from the underground hip hop scene??
Just curios..

Yup, Ill Bills brother
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why people would actually give money to him is beyond me,  he is a felon and a all around peice of shit but yet we give him money so he can drive a Rolls Royce and live in a 10,000 Sq foot house.

... You didn't answer my question.

... Where can I find pre-released, bootleg copies of his material - Before I pay full price for his new CD at BestBuy in November

[ahem, I have teenage kids]When you find out, let me know. I need to save a buck for gun stuff.[/ahem, I have teenage kids]

Maybe we should invite him to a shoot. If Steve Tyler can dig classIII, why not E (background permitting- how did Steve do it?)
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top