BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You clear the clothing and get ready.  You do not draw and certainly do not fire until a threat is imminent.  Any decent tactical handgun/carry course (At least in Texas) will ask you to do the same.  It's better to be rude than a victim.

I don't care what any fucking course tells you.  95 percent of the time that is over reacting, and there is a high chance that can escalate a situation that didn't need escalating.

I swear some of you people are fucking scardy cats.  Scared of a homeless person or anyone that appraoches you in public.

Just answer them and move on.

Sgatr15

As I stated I do answer them by saying I cannot help you sorry and do move on, with my hand under my shirt.  So are you saying someone scratching their back escalates a situation?  The intent on getting your hand under your shirt is not to look manacing.  I can be poping a zit.  Like I said to each his own do what you want and I will do the same.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

............ and this guy wanted to rip me off.  

Exactly what did he say that made you believe that?

SGatr15

His mannerisms were obvious as he walked super close to my buddy, he kinda bowed up to him, and was very forceful in the way he was speaking before he saw me.  Once he saw me and realized he was outnumbered, he switched tactics and then tried to sell us some $5 POS necklace.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forsee some nasty preliminary hearings in the future for some of you "I'll teach them a lesson" guys.  

Yeah, no shit.

"Hey man, I ran outta gas... can I borrow a..."  BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

"AGH!!!! I just wanted a dollar!"  BAM

You clear the clothing and get ready.  You do not draw and certainly do not fire until a threat is imminent.  Any decent tactical handgun/carry course (At least in Texas) will ask you to do the same.  It's better to be rude than a victim.

You may find that your actions will CAUSE you to be forced to shoot someone.  Clearing your clothing and "getting ready" may cause some peaceful person to reach for THEIR weapon, in turn forcing you to draw and/or fire.

Again, situational awareness is a must but constant jumpiness like this will get someone killed that otherwise wouldn't have been.

To each his own.  Do what you want.  Remeber I'm in Texas.  We are a lot more free here.  And once again for the slower reader I never said brandish a firearm.  Clearing a shirt and having your hand on a holster release of grip does not reveal the firearm.  I think some of you are getting confused by what clearing the clothing means.  You are still concealed.  You don't reveal, or brandush or whatever term you want to apply until an imminent threat is determined.

I am not at all confused and my state is, for the most part, just as free as Texas.  What I am saying is that by clearing your clothing and grasping your weapon (a motion that most anyone with any sense will recognize), you may force an otherwise peaceful encounter to turn deadly quickly when the person approaching you suddenly feels threatened by YOU.

Your not understanding correctly.  When you clear your clothing that is not revealing or brandishing a fiream.  You are clearing the clothing with your hand.  In laymans terms getting your hand under your shirt.  Like my other reply states I can be scratching my back, popping a zit.  If this action escalates the situation then by all means I am needing to have my hand there in the 1st place.  If it's an innocuous encounter the indivisual does not even notice. I know from experience.  I have never had a person think I was reaching for a firearm.  When I say clear the clothing I'm not talking about a hollywood stlye whip your jacket back as the sun gleams on your firearm and you ge the whip sound from the clothing whipping in the wind as it blows your hollywood hair back.  The idea ia NOT to reveal or your gonna be in trouble.  The idea is to have your hand ready in case things go to shit.  For the slower readers let me reinforce.  When you clear the clothing that is the action of getting you hand near the firearm.  Please do not confuse this with moving your clothing to reveal a fiream.

ETA the wanna buy a necklace is a classic, classic tactic to catch you off guard for a mugging...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

............ and this guy wanted to rip me off.  

Exactly what did he say that made you believe that?

SGatr15

His mannerisms were obvious as he walked super close to my buddy, he kinda bowed up to him, and was very forceful in the way he was speaking before he saw me.  Once he saw me and realized he was outnumbered, he switched tactics and then tried to sell us some $5 POS necklace.

Uh huh....

Then exactly how did you almost shoot him?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Uh huh....

I thought I was going to have to that is why I put my hand on the gun as I walked up.  He could have smashed either one of us, as big as he was.  You are right sgtar15 I did not almost shoot him, I should have let him ride with us to his house and then given him a hug and a kiss.  Then I could let him come over and fuck my sister!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
ever heard of a pre-emptive strike?

j/k.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uh huh....

I thought I was going to have to that is why I put my hand on the gun as I walked up.  He could have smashed either one of us, as big as he was.  You are right sgtar15 I did not almost shoot him, I should have let him ride with us to his house and then given him a hug and a kiss.  Then I could let him come over and fuck my sister!

Here's your sign..........

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uh huh....

the "fuck my sister" part.....

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no ghetto in the state of Texas that can compare to the one I work in every day (Baltimore).
My question is: Why in the hell were you even in the ghetto? A real ghetto is something to be avoided by day and not even considered at night. Stopping for any reason in some places in Baltimore, driving a nice vehicle, well dressed, and white, is just BEGGING to be robbed or worse. I can't imagine why you'd ever want to even drive through. Going around is safer and easier. They did teach about staying out of risky situations in the first place didn't they? And to top it off you not only stopped, but at a liquor store???

Me thinks you're crazy!!!!! Or, maybe you're just not that bright for such an "educated" guy. Or maybe there's more to the story.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, it's better to be on guard and be aware of your surroundings . Being complacent will defenetly get you killed. Good job keepingyour guard up and not being in condition "GREEN" like most people are!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forsee some nasty preliminary hearings in the future for some of you "I'll teach them a lesson" guys.  

Yeah, no shit.

"Hey man, I ran outta gas... can I borrow a..."  BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

"AGH!!!! I just wanted a dollar!"  BAM

You may find that your actions will CAUSE you to be forced to shoot someone.  Clearing your clothing and "getting ready" may cause some peaceful person to reach for THEIR weapon, in turn forcing you to draw and/or fire.

Again, situational awareness is a must but constant jumpiness like this will get someone killed that otherwise wouldn't have been.

To each his own.  Do what you want.  Remeber I'm in Texas.  We are a lot more free here.  And once again for the slower reader I never said brandish a firearm.  Clearing a shirt and having your hand on a holster release of grip does not reveal the firearm.  I think some of you are getting confused by what clearing the clothing means.  You are still concealed.  You don't reveal, or brandush or whatever term you want to apply until an imminent threat is determined.

I am not at all confused and my state is, for the most part, just as free as Texas.  What I am saying is that by clearing your clothing and grasping your weapon (a motion that most anyone with any sense will recognize), you may force an otherwise peaceful encounter to turn deadly quickly when the person approaching you suddenly feels threatened by YOU.

Your not understanding correctly.  When you clear your clothing that is not revealing or brandishing a fiream.  You are clearing the clothing with your hand.  In laymans terms getting your hand under your shirt.  Like my other reply states I can be scratching my back, popping a zit.  If this action escalates the situation then by all means I am needing to have my hand there in the 1st place.  If it's an innocuous encounter the indivisual does not even notice. I know from experience.  I have never had a person think I was reaching for a firearm.  When I say clear the clothing I'm not talking about a hollywood stlye whip your jacket back as the sun gleams on your firearm and you ge the whip sound from the clothing whipping in the wind as it blows your hollywood hair back.  The idea ia NOT to reveal or your gonna be in trouble.  The idea is to have your hand ready in case things go to shit.  For the slower readers let me reinforce.  When you clear the clothing that is the action of getting you hand near the firearm.  Please do not confuse this with moving your clothing to reveal a fiream.

ETA the wanna buy a necklace is a classic, classic tactic to catch you off guard for a mugging...

I understand you loud and clear, you underestimate my reading comprehension.  I realise you are not advocating moving your clothing to reveal the sidearm.  However, simply reaching for your waistband nearvously is a signal to most people who have any sense that you are going for a gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe some of you guys should give EagleArmsHBAR credit for the fact he was there in real life with all his senses watching, hearing and observing the look in this guys eyes. There's a lot to be said for that.... --RR
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe some of you guys should give EagleArmsHBAR credit for the fact he was there in real life with all his senses watching, hearing and observing the look in this guys eyes. There's a lot to be said for that.... --RR

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
There is no ghetto in the state of Texas that can compare to the one I work in every day (Baltimore).

I gotta disagree with ya, gus.  I am routinely, as a matter of my employment, in the very worst neigborhoods this country has to offer.  From L.A. to Long Island.  From Bangor, ME to Florida City, FL and all points in between.

"ghetto's" can generally fall into one of two categories:

1) Philadelphia
2) Other Than Philadelphia

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I gotta disagree with ya, gus.  I am routinely, as a matter of my employment, in the very worst neigborhoods this country has to offer.  From L.A. to Long Island.  From Bangor, ME to Florida City, FL and all points in between.

1) Philadelphia

I'll give ya Philadelphia for sure. But having been to Houston, DFW, and San Antonio, and having been in their "bad" sections, they definately don't compare to Baltimore at all. Hell even us Baltimore guys avoid Philadelphia!!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anytime anyone aproaches me for anything, be it you got the time, you got a quarer, you know how to get to... I clear the clothing and get on grip, then kindly, yet firmly let them know I cannot help them.  A lot of assaults begin with asking for something to catch you off guard.  Glad you didn't have to give him a hydraulic leak.

So basically, you're a complete asshole in real life too huh?

YES.  If you take any tactical handgun training you will be taught to do the same.  If not you will end up being one of those statistics of people getting shot with their own gun.

It's called situational awareness.  Let the unarmed citizen give em directions or a quarter.
So in your feeble mind, yes I am an asshole in real life so please don't come up to me asking for change or directions

And BTW go get some handgun training...

I have had multiple handgun and selfdefense courses.

What you are describing legally qulaifies as brandishing a weapon. Legally, if you "clear your clothing and get on the grip" you are the agressor. If you shoot someone it is called murder, and if someone shoots you it is self defense...

"I just went to ask him for a quarter, and he went for his gun. I had no choice."

Besides, what if the person approaching you is a plain clothes police officer?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nowhere do I say to brandish your firearm.  You brandish when you feel a threat is imminent.  And yes and decent gun couse will tell you to use situational awareness and get your hand close to or on yuor firearm as soon as the potential assailand comes into your sphre of influence.

When you said "clear your clothing" I thought you ment expose your holstered weapon. My bad.

It's not legal to reveal in texas, only conceal carry.  You don't brandish, or reveal until an imminent threat is determined.  But you hvae to get your hand to the firearm.  If he's a career criminal he knows how to take you down quickly.  Be nice or fearful of looking to commando reaching under your shirt.  that's perfectly OK with me.  I'll err on the side of assholeism as motown_steve put it and live to see another day.  Like I said.  A disarmed citizen can give them directions or spare change.

Boy, I got you all riled up! Good!

BTW...If your "attacker" is also a CCW holder, or a plain clothes cop, and you start going for your gun, then you very well could wind up being labeled the aggressor!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nowhere do I say to brandish your firearm.  You brandish when you feel a threat is imminent.  And yes and decent gun couse will tell you to use situational awareness and get your hand close to or on yuor firearm as soon as the potential assailand comes into your sphre of influence.

When you said "clear your clothing" I thought you ment expose your holstered weapon. My bad.

It's not legal to reveal in texas, only conceal carry.  You don't brandish, or reveal until an imminent threat is determined.  But you hvae to get your hand to the firearm.  If he's a career criminal he knows how to take you down quickly.  Be nice or fearful of looking to commando reaching under your shirt.  that's perfectly OK with me.  I'll err on the side of assholeism as motown_steve put it and live to see another day.  Like I said.  A disarmed citizen can give them directions or spare change.

BTW...If your "attacker" is also a CCW holder, or a plain clothes cop, and you start going for your gun, then you very well could wind up being labeled the aggressor!

so why would a cop be asking for money?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may not ask you for money, but they'll definately approach you on the street. They may even try and sell you drugs, or want to try and buy drugs from you. Ek-specially in da hood!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Uh, cuz he spent his allowance his nurse wife gave him on strippers???
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anytime anyone aproaches me for anything, be it you got the time, you got a quarer, you know how to get to... I clear the clothing and get on grip, then kindly, yet firmly let them know I cannot help them.  A lot of assaults begin with asking for something to catch you off guard.  Glad you didn't have to give him a hydraulic leak.

You're sounding reasonable...I think I need to up my meds.  

Having a gun means shit if you're at arms length from someone unless you already have a good (and discrete) grip on the weapon.  I'd like to see any of the "poor guy just wanted a bus ride" crowd try to draw and fire while recoiling from a sucker punch or a lunge.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I am routinely, as a matter of my employment, in the very worst neigborhoods this country has to offer.  Bangor, ME

C'Mon - Dysart's isn't that bad...

Oh, and you're right - Philly sucks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) Philadelphia

I'll give ya Philadelphia for sure. But having been to Houston, DFW, and San Antonio, and having been in their "bad" sections, they definately don't compare to Baltimore at all. Hell even us Baltimore guys avoid Philadelphia!!!

Well, I'm from Houston. I've been robbed twice, once at knife-point. My ex-girlfriend was raped. My buddy got car jacked at gunpoint. A female friend of mine was attacked in her home.
And, a store clerk was shot and killed on my block by a 13 year old kid.
I could go on.

You, obviously do not have a clue! Next time you're in H Town, go down to Scott & MLK,
or a dozen other neighborhoods where the cops won't even go.

I'm not saying Houston is as dangerous as some cities(overall), but to say there aren't "bad"
sections is ignorant.

And yes, I have been to Baltimore...you can have it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You, obviously do not have a clue! Next time you're in H Town, go down to Scott & MLK,

I'm not saying Houston is as dangerous as some cities(overall), but to say there aren't "bad"
sections is ignorant.

Now, now,  I never said there weren't "bad"sections in Houston. I've been through a few of them myself. I just said they weren't as bad as the worst Baltimore has to offer. I certainly didn't mean to slight Houston!!  You should go see the North Ave/Greenmount Ave area at night in B-more. You'd understand! If you survive that, check out Cherry Hill. Or anywhere on the west side.

Not that it's anything to be proud of, that's for sure.

And in Baltimore, you don't have the option (legally) of carrying a weapon. You gotta figure that into the danger equation.

ETA: The point I was originally trying to make is that it's stupid to go into those areas unless you have to, packing or not. And to stop for beer while you're there?? Beyond belief.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:

So when I get on grip, my shirt moves up and my weapon will be visable. Might that be seen as an agressive move???? Remember I'm trying not to get shot or go to jail>
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care what any fucking course tells you.  95 percent of the time that is over reacting, and there is a high chance that can escalate a situation that didn't need escalating.

it's th 5% of the time that makes me agree with him, much as I hate to admit it. I hate late night stops at Self-serve gas stations in urban areas. I am on edge the whole time while there.

]I swear some of you people are fucking scardy cats.  Scared of a homeless person or anyone that appraoches you in public.
]

Better to be a scaredy cat and alive, than complacent and dead. I have had some bizarre run-ins with homeless bums and they are not generally harmless, they are generally pretty messed-up, unpredictable beings. Keep me the &%*$ away from them. The PD sgt. who taught my CCW class said never let anybody you don't know within 20' of you, esp. if you are in an urban area. The knife is quicker than the gun, he said, in those situations.

Sgatr15

I just look away, avoid eye contact. So far, that works well enough.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No shit...you guys are so cool!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear some of you people are fucking scardy cats.  Scared of a homeless person or anyone that appraoches you in public.

Sgatr15

this is worth saying again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

This is going the way of the nugent thread.  I never said anything about making the firearm visavle.  I never said anything about nervously reaching for a firearm.  You calmly get your hand where it needs to be.  I never said anything about making any part of a firearm visable.  If by some far out, and I do mean far out chance I got in some shit for scratching my back while carrying a gun(Attorney has already said this is what I would be doing it it came down to it) I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Let me repeat for the flamers...I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  Give a stranger pocket change at night.  I don't and won't...
To each his own folks.  Never thought I would see poeple here defending an assailant.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You, obviously do not have a clue!

Flashdraw,  I am sorry for the bad events that have happend in your life.  It is truly unfortunate.  However, to assert that I, someone who you do not know, and someone who has significant experience in travelling this great country, in fact, probably more than 99% of the others here on ARFCOM, is barely worth a response.  However, I feel you do deserve one.
Here goes.
Are you ready?
Scroll down...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uh huh....

Here's your sign..........

Sgtar15

+1 Bill Engvall!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The PD sgt. who taught my CCW class said never let anybody you don't know within 20' of you, esp. if you are in an urban area. The knife is quicker than the gun, he said, in those situations.

Yep.  Anybody who feels "safe" within 20 feet of a stranger is delusional.  I submit that anybody who advocates letting (less than) perfect strangers within arms reach has never seen how many times a knife can go in your gut in one second.  Bad shit happens fast.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

This is going the way of the nugent thread.  I never said anything about making the firearm visavle.  I never said anything about nervously reaching for a firearm.  You calmly get your hand where it needs to be.  I never said anything about making any part of a firearm visable.  If by some far out, and I do mean far out chance I got in some shit for scratching my back while carrying a gun(Attorney has already said this is what I would be doing it it came down to it) I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Let me repeat for the flamers...I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.  Do whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  Give a stranger pocket change at night.  I don't and won't...
To each his own folks.  Never thought I would see poeple here defending an assailant.

the only 'assailant' is the one you made up in your paranoid fantasy world.  you're a danger to yourself and people around you.  it's people like you that give firearm owners a bad name.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I hate to break it to ya, but "almost" shooting someone is when you have presented your weapon, finger tightening on the trigger, safety disengaged, taking aim...when circumstances change, and firing is no longer imminent.

Me, too. A carry permit is not a license to go waving your gun around at everybody you happen to meet in public.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
the only 'assailant' is the one you made up in your paranoid fantasy world.  you're a danger to yourself and people around you.  it's people like you that give firearm owners a bad name.

Task:  Reconcile Tueller Drill with hating ar50troll.  Take as many pages and as much time as you need.  Oops, sorry!  You only have 1.5 seconds...GO!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Glad you didn't have to give him a hydraulic leak.

Never heard it put that way before....

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
how did you almost shoot him? You obviously dont have too much time in crap neighborhoods this is like a everyday occurance for me.  Shit I would file that under downright friendly.

Yeah, he was just the typical jewelry peddler .... see those guys all the time if in the "wrong part of town".  I've never felt threatened by them at all ...

"gangstas" dont have time to peddle jewelry, they make thier money doing other things. They are usually 4 to a car, a big car, painted gold, green or purple ..... riding low, with spinner wheels!

Agreed.  Skid and I live near each other and know the "wrong part of town" very well since... well... a hell of a lot of this area is the "wrong part of town".  A lot of you guys sound like you are hardly ever around "bad part of town" folk and are ready to bust a cap in everybody that asks you for something.

Situational Awareness is always important, but damn... calm that trigger finger down a bit, Rambo.

Anywhere but my neighborhood is "the wrong part of town" to me.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Congratulations. You can now join the ranks of insecurity. Become a LEO.

I see alot of level headed comments from others, honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]
nice

just remember to keep a look out ALL around you; bad guys pop up anywhere

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#44]
ar50troll,

I recommend you read John Farnam's books or take his pistol courses. Farnam's "interview stance" would be a much better balance of readiness and discretion. Test yourself with a timer drawing from concealment and drawing with your hand on the gun. The difference is not realistically that great.  

Having a can of FOX OC in your support hand is a much better tactic for dealing with drunks, hotheads, and panhandlers. If the situation clearly is leading to a lethal force scenario, by all means have the gun covertly drawn behind the leg or Jack Benny style. A snub nose .38spl. in your pocket can be pointed at these potential criminals is also great option.

http://www.defense-training.com/pubs/index.html

"A fight avoided, is a fight won." John Farnam
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#45]
who the F buys beer by the quart?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

You know who......

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know who......

Sgtar15

Calling DKprof?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#49]
It sounds to me like some of you guys just don't know how to play with the other kids.

If that's how you interact with the people that you come in contact with, you may be downright dangerous...

More dangerous than some guy asking you for directions, or a quarter.
You don't get out much, do you?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sections is ignorant.

Now, now,  I never said there weren't "bad"sections in Houston. I've been through a few of them myself. I just said they weren't as bad as the worst Baltimore has to offer. I certainly didn't mean to slight Houston!!  You should go see the North Ave/Greenmount Ave area at night in B-more. You'd understand! If you survive that, check out Cherry Hill. Or anywhere on the west side.

Not that it's anything to be proud of, that's for sure.

And in Baltimore, you don't have the option (legally) of carrying a weapon. You gotta figure that into the danger equation.

ETA: The point I was originally trying to make is that it's stupid to go into those areas unless you have to, packing or not. And to stop for beer while you're there?? Beyond belief.

To Gus & nationwide:
I obviously misunderstood what you guys were saying. I was under the impression you were hinting

that only the really "bad" people lived in Philly and Baltimore. I sincerely apologize if I offended

either one of you.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top