User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a realist, but a couple of those questions didn't have the right answer:

2. The US campaign in Vietnam was...

E. A Failure. The American policy of containing and combatting communism everywhere it reared it's ugly head was sound, however the United States should have taken a more aggressive and bloodthirsty approach towards beating the living shit out of the North Vietnamese. Total victory is the only accecptable resolution to war.

5. How should the US deal with the North Korea nuclear threat?

E. Let Kim Jong Il make all the noise he wants. Everyone, including Kim the Pudgy, realizes that if North Korea were to use a Nuclear weapon against American interests or allies, then there would be no force on this Earth that could protect North Korea from complete and total annihilation. For this resaon Kim Jong Il is nothing more than an overstuffed windbag.

ETA - I think that if these two answers had been available my status would have been lifted to that of Super Patriot. Just like Wedge!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Realist
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Neocon

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#5]
neo-con, here...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess (accordin to the quiz) I'm an isolationist. But I also identify with the neo-cons and realists. Looks like a postal employee survey. Owch, my brain hurts. I think I've been implanted.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Realist.  

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I got on the same team with Teddy Roosevelt and Reagan.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Realist

Realists…

Are guided more by practical considerations than ideological vision
Believe US power is crucial to successful diplomacy - and vice versa
Don't want US policy options unduly limited by world opinion or ethical considerations
Believe strong alliances are important to US interests
Weigh the political costs of foreign action
Believe foreign intervention must be dictated by compelling national interest
Historical realist: President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Modern realist: Secretary of State Colin Powell
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top