Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The Battle for Middle Earth!

In all seriousness though, probably the current war. I suppose I still could fight in the current war...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]
None. Them wars is dangerous.

This one, I suppose. So my kids won't have to fight the terrorists (pipe dream, I'm sure).
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Revolutionary War.

Just so I could go tactical on their asses.  Screw all that formation marching through open fields and fighting like "gentlemen".

I have thought of this.  One black rifle in the hands of one of our current military men sent back in time, would have made short work of that war.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#4]

IMHO, one of the most critical wars in the history of mankind.  It led to the creation of the greatest Nation the world has ever known.  It was a marvel of the exact right personalities being in the right place at the exact point in time they were needed.  The world will never see a group of men like that again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:13:42 AM EDT
[#5]
WE NEED A POLL!! Current war on terrorism although the Gulf war was enough for me thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Give me a modern medical kit and send me to the Revolutionary War.

If I was to fight, I'd go WWII, Pacific Theater, any amphibious landing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.uswars.net/1775-1783/images/810117-cowpns.jpg

IMHO, one of the most critical wars in the history of mankind.  It led to the creation of the greatest Nation the world has ever known.  It was a marvel of the exact right personalities being in the right place at the exact point in time they were needed.  The world will never see a group of men like that again.

I would hate to be the guy armed with the drum.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
World War 1 (The Great War)

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I would have to say the Texas Revolution, and the future war with red China.

I would try to convince Houston to excecute Santy-Annie after San Jacinto.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd have to say WWII.

Either as Airborne Infantry, or a Mustang pilot.   I think WWII was the greatest war between good and evil in our (United States) history.   What with all the new technology, espionage and deception...  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
WWII in the Pacific aboard the submarine U.S.S. Barb.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.uswars.net/1775-1783/images/810117-cowpns.jpg

I would hate to be the kid armed with the drum.

1.Imagine yourself in that scene with an AR15.
2.Realize that the guys with the bayonets would not turn and run as you fired a second round without reloading.
3.Kiss your ass goodbye because those soldiers have
  a.)A better bayonet platform with more reach and a larger blade.
  b.)Forgotten more about fighting with a blade than you'd ever have a chance to learn.

A man with a blade at ten paces is a lethal threat, 10 of them is more than most can handle with a semi-auto rifle. Even with full auto, you will have to change mags sometime.
A single man armed with a modern personal weapon is not sufficient to change the course of a war.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm afraid the war has picked us; all Heroes and Patriots that have gone before have layed the foundation that is ours to strengthen for the future.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
World War II.  I'd like to have been CO of a Fletcher class destroyer then a Cleveland class light cruiser.  As built the cruisers' armament was twelve 6" guns (4 turrets x 3 guns each), twelve 5" DP guns (2x6), 28 40mm AA, 28 20mm AA (Later both were more than doubled.)  four aircraft,  33 kts max spd.   Fine sea boats that were reportedly a shitload of fun to drive.  They sent a lot of Sons of Nippon to their ancestors.

My grandfather served some time on one of those as a mechanic. Had some funny and cool stories from it. He said he had made the mistake of coming up above deck through an opening without knowing they were firing the 5" guns. Popped his head out somewhere inbetween the base of two of the barrels, and he just remembers being knocked out cold.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top