Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Between Average and Good shape.  Workout 2-3x a week, and by work out, i mean >300 pushups and ab exercise reps along with some free-weight exercises.  Never have an issue maxing the pushup/situp portion of the army PFT, but running is another story.  Additionally, I've been running 3x a week for a total of probably 12 - 15 miles.  I hate running, but it's a lot more fun if you have a partner or it's in fornication.  errr...formation.  Put in about 4.5 miles this morning.  I think that part of the running problem is that I'm carrying 210 lbs, which is a lot of weight...even though I'm 6'4"  

There are many in far better shape than me, but I'm working to change that.  I love exercise almost as much as guns
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would still like to lose 10lbs.  I'm 6'3" and weigh @195.

You are nuts if you think you need to lose 10lbs. Im the same weight and height and I am thin. If I lost 10 lbs I could hide behind a tall toothpick.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a giant lardass!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I row 45min every morning 6 days a week, lift weights 2x a week, and I eat very very well.  Bench 185 @ 10 reps, squat 225 @ 10 reps.  5'6" 140lbs.  I'd like to get to 150.

Oh, and this thread is gay.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#5]
6'2"  175 lbs

There was a bicep size thread this weekend.  I measured...  I was too embarassed to post...  12"  but man am I cut...  Think Kenyan long distance runner.

Kent
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the body of a god!

Just happens to be Buddah......

I have the figure of a Greek Goddess, kinda squishy and plump - I take after mom.  

Good ol' momma Demeter:

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
BODY BY BUDWEISER
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
You know how people and their pets look alike?

Well me and my pecker look alot alike, we're both short, fat, hairy mother f**ckers with big heads!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
options 1) and 3) are not mutually exclusive...

I can max out a .mil PFT on pushups, enjoy a 6 mile run, and only weigh 135.

Lightweight Rower. Crew training just makes everyone that way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
5'11'', 200 lbs, 43 yrs old

could lose a few pounds, and am actually thinking about doing it

being a 'beernut' is taking it's toll

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Married...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:18:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in good shape.  I want to get my bench up...I've plateaued at 315 and can't seem to get past it for love or money...but I am doing pretty good in other areas, particularly leg strength, and I am in very good shape cardiovascularly.  I've built up good endurance and at last checkup I've got very good cholesterol numbers and normal blood pressure.  I'd like to drop another 10 lbs, but that's simply a preference rather than a health necessity.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:24:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what kinda shape you in?

A rotund one !
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm in good shape...

Sure you are.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:48:08 AM EDT
[#15]
5'8" 220
I lift 4 days a week.
I still do all of the situps, pushups, pullups.
I just stopped running and started drinking more beer when I got out of the Marines in 2002.
I've picked up about 45 lbs since then.
If it wasn't hot like Hell in phoenix I would actually ride the mountain bike more often.
I ran 3 miles a couple of weeks ago.
24 minutes, I hate running.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:50:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Genus: geek
Species: fatty
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've lost around 70 pounds in the last 8 months.

Eric The(NewImproved)Hun

Bet I know why.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#18]
6'3" 190

Same as 1983, my senior year of HS.
Course, I smoked for about 15 of the intervening years, so my lungs are like a 100 year old coal miner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Not good enough.  Six feet, 205 lbs.  (I used to be 6'2'' but got older.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#20]
What about a Greek Goddess?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:10:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in very good shape for a fifty-three year old male.
I'm not a Greek God, but I'm in much better shape than the average Joe.
5"9", 160 lbs.  I need to loose about ten pounds, but I still ride my mountain bike regularly twenty to thirty miles at a pop on multipupose trails.
I'm a long way from where I once was, however; 137lbs. body weight and able to bench 210lbs. on the free bench.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Out of, VERY out of.

AB
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You squishy and plump too?    See my post above.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in good shape...

Sure you are.

Tell me something Bill, is there a name for the pyschosis that makes you assume that anyone who disagrees with you politically must be a bad person in every way?
Frankly, I don't give two shits if you believe anything I say, but I am curious as to why you've turned from an anarcho-libertarian crank into a raving flamer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You squishy and plump too?    See my post above.  

Used to be.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in good shape...

Sure you are.

Tell me something Bill, is there a name for the pyschosis that makes you assume that anyone who disagrees with you politically must be a bad person in every way?
Frankly, I don't give two shits if you believe anything I say, but I am curious as to why you've turned from an anarcho-libertarian crank into a raving flamer.

Feeling a little ill, Rik ? You must give at least "two shits" or you wouldn't have replied. Now, sit down and relax and remind yourself that this is just the internet. If I really wanted to flame you, it would be more than doubting whether or not you are fit. Besides, when it comes to you whining about flaming, don't you find yourself to be just a little bit of a hypocrite ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Feeling a little ill, Rik ? You must give at least "two shits" or you wouldn't have replied. Now, sit down and relax and remind yourself that this is just the internet. If I really wanted to flame you, it would be more than doubting whether or not you are fit. Besides, when it comes to you whining about flaming, don't you find yourself to be just a little bit of a hypocrite ?

No, I don't.  And I don't give two shits about WHAT you have to spew, but I am curious as to what psychosis compels you to keep spewing it.  I have and will continue to express my disagreement with your cracked politics, but I don't follow you around flaming in every forum, the way you have begun to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#28]
In the worst shape of my life.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I don't.  And I don't give two shits about WHAT you have to spew, but I am curious as to what psychosis compels you to keep spewing it.  I have and will continue to express my disagreement with your cracked politics, but I don't follow you around flaming in every forum, the way you have begun to do.

why don't you two go down to the gym and pump each other.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#30]
The shape of a marshmello...

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because by what Bill said, he wouldn't know what the inside of a gym looks like.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because by what Bill said, he wouldn't know what the inside of a gym looks like.

Don't flatter yourself, Rik. We just happen to post in a lot of the same threads. If you don't want a reply from me then don't comment on anything I say or suck it up and quit whining like a schoolgirl.  You, on the other hand, flame just about everyone who dares to disagree with your smart-ass comments, so spare me your self-righteous BS. As for me, I will post , within the rules, anywhere on ARFCOM, at any time I so desire. In regard to gyms, inside or out, I don't need one to deal with you.
Have a nice day and if you ever get to Indiana, I live in Tipton. Stop by and say hello !
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck it.  You're not worth the effort.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Age 41, 5ft. 11in., at 225lbs.  Joining gym next week. Hopefully in three months I can get down to 190lbs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#36]
good enough to have been wearing the army pt badge for the last few years.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
good enough to have been wearing the army pt badge for the last few years.

You know, that reminds me of IOBC.  Our first trainer was this black Captain and he was a PT GOD.  The guy was built like a brick shithouse and could still run damned fast.  He was a hardass and told us from the first minute that he was going to run us into the ground and whip us into shape.
Then, on day 2, he went into the hospital with a blood clot in his brain and we never saw him again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm 6'1" 245 lbs. and the only fat on me is in the belly area.  Besides that I am only 31 and have been told my blood pressures too high.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I wanted to vote, but they left "Sofa Spud" off the list.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm no stud but at nearly 52 (6'2 and 189 lbs) last night I ran .5 miles in 3.41 and a 40 yard dash from the prone position in 6.73 seconds. No bad for an old fart, I was happy with those times.
YMMV
M
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top