Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2001 4:50:58 AM EDT
It was, well umm, interesting.

Great for, um ah, yeah I guess they were people, people watching.

The prices SUCKED, $200-300 for SKS.  $900 for Bushmasters.  $550-650 for USED Glocks.  Used USGI 30 rndrs for $25-30.

Nobody seemed to be buying anything.  The Gun Dealers were over priced and the public was very cheap.

I was shocked at the number of people walking around trying to sell stuff, rifles, Mags, etc.

The only thing people wanted to see was modern rifles and ESPECIALLY pistols, those tables were swamped.

I didn't manage to buy some nice Ammo cans dirt cheap and M16 mag pouches for $2.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I've ever bought or sold anything at one of the booths, mainly just with individuals in the crowd.
Like you said, those dealers are usually way over priced on everything.
The only reason I still go is because every once in awhile you'll find a good deal from somebody walking around in the crowd.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Any used pistol in MA if not on the 'approved' list is going to command an extraordinarily higher price, that's the going rate even at the cheaper gun shops and private sales.  The only thing good about MA gunshows is typically ammo sales, cheaper than the shops in most cases.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#3]
You are right that pistols do tend to be bit higher here but I just bought my Glock 19 with 2 hicap glock mags for $435.

My father got a factory reconditioned G19 with two Glock hicaps for $475.

$550+ is robbery
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I assume your talking to the show at the Big E in Mass. I went, year some interesting characters there thats for sure. Dunno what the deal with the guys dressed up like it was holloween was. I picked up a 40rnd ak mag for $15, ammo was pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Ammo is usually the best priced at gunshows. You can also find good deals on odds and ends like LBV's and such.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, the Big E.

There were a lot of fools in their little costumes.

They seemed like Dungeons and Dragons social outcasts that felt impowered being around guns.  One fool was bragging to his friend that if he wanted everyone dead, they would be already.

Another idiot was dressed up like a knight with his little sword talking about defending his honor.

It was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#7]
It knida reminded me of a Start Trek convention.
I saw one guy decked out in Nazi garb, I wanted to knock him on his wannabe ass. See the one table was kinda in the corner, guy had a ton of pre-bans i stood there drooling for about 15 mins.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I know exactly which one you mean.

I wasn't looking since my LEGP is on it's way.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats [beer] are't they fun!

Gun prices aren't the best, but usually bulk ammo and reloading equipment, I find, are good prices.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I've seen all kinds of freaks dressed like SS assholes, thinking they are part of some panzer division until they get back in their Datsun pick ups.  Those are the kind that sit at home and sing those old German songs like they did in the movie Battle of the Bulge and act like they speak german (all 15 words)

Those types make me feel ashamed to go to gunshows in case someone I know sees me and them in the same place.

Those faggots give all a bad name.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have found that gunshows can range from one point to the other.  Some shows are good with some deals to be had while others are almost a waste of time and, like you said, sort of a freak show.  They best deals that I have found are generally on ammo, mags, cleaning supplies and such.  I have seldom found great deals on guns.  It makes me wonder if the dealers who are asking 600.00 for a SAR Ak have ever read Shotgun News or looked at the internet.  Still, they are a good time to go to.  Plus, the freaks just make it more interesting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever bought or sold anything at one of the booths, mainly just with individuals in the crowd.

View Quote

That is still legal here.

I sold a Mossberg 590 this weekend. I bought a another gun at the same show on an earlier date.

THAT is the REAL benefit of gun shows - dealing with the individuals.

And occasionally, you'll run across a good price on ammo, or find something you've been looking for for a while.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a bag of kettle corn for $2 at the last fun show and didn't even have to wait in line.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Imbrog|io -

Seek help. NOW.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27125[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top