Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Hang in there guys!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how can you say that. This one is surely going to cause loss of life and completely ruin other people's lives. Some places will never be the same. I don't think you would even have a thought like that if you lived somewhere that hurricanes do hit. If you're in a coastal part of GA... well that even makes your comments more troubling.

I was referring to the thing that makes all those 'Wildest Police Chases' and 'Wrath of God' type shows so popular.  Real people are getting hurt and killed in those shows, and yet it's packaged for the masses as entertainment.  It's the same with sensational journalism, including those reporters standing on the beaches getting sandblasted as the storms come in.  It's all done so people watching can go "Wow!  Look at those trees flying through the air!  They just totally slammed through that motel!"  George Carlin did a very good bit talking about that very phenomenon.

I intended no insult, and as I stated in my original post, I sincerely do hope no one gets hurt.  Hell, where I am is probably going to get flooded with torrential rain and 60+ mph wind gusts.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how can you say that. This one is surely going to cause loss of life and completely ruin other people's lives. Some places will never be the same. I don't think you would even have a thought like that if you lived somewhere that hurricanes do hit. If you're in a coastal part of GA... well that even makes your comments more troubling.

I was referring to the thing that makes all those 'Wildest Police Chases' and 'Wrath of God' type shows so popular.  Real people are getting hurt and killed in those shows, and yet it's packaged for the masses as entertainment.  It's the same with sensational journalism, including those reporters standing on the beaches getting sandblasted as the storms come in.  It's all done so people watching can go "Wow!  Look at those trees flying through the air!  They just totally slammed through that motel!"  George Carlin did a very good bit talking about that very phenomenon.

point taken. I'm pretty riled up cuz I'm worried about losing everything in this one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Shame for Mobile,we have a terminal there,it will be under water and probably destroyed by the lumber mill next door.Hope all my fellow LTL drivers got out of there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

point taken. I'm pretty riled up cuz I'm worried about losing everything in this one.

That's cool.  I hope everything turns out okay.  What part of LA you in?  At least it looks like the eye is going to be to LA's east, which means your winds are going to be blowing out to sea instead of inland, which would have caused a much worse storm surge.  (Pensacola on the other hand....  yikes)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bro,

No heros here, if you are in the line of sight of this mother....e-gress, vamoose, am-scra, bugout, haul ass, etc

we got a glancing blow from Charlie and Frances, and I wouldn't want to see the real deal, and this is the real deal.

plywood, fill 'er up, haul ass-- in that order

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
New Orleans is going under...

The Big Easy easily rivals SF as a liberal suck hole. No big loss in my books.

wganz

oh, and FUCK YOU.  My family, the families of 5 of my uncles, my grandparents, and almost everyone of my friends don't mean shit to you. I bet you said the same thing about NYC on 9-11. fucking dick.

+1

You people who are acting like this is some cool thing SUCK ASS!  People are gonna get hurt and property is gonna get damaged and you are getting some kick out of it.  You can kiss my ass!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See all the red lines on the map, they go by my house in Birmingham.That sucks

Right after they go through my house here in Mobile, right now as a matter of fact!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Local weatherman here in SW VA is saying that we may get over 20 inches of rain from Ivan .  Think I am going to get some supplies just to be safe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Still have power in my area of P`cola. Some limbs down, grill and lawn furniture have been "rearanged". I did concrete the post on my privacy fence when i put it up so we`ll see how it looks in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool.  I hope everything turns out okay.  What part of LA you in?  At least it looks like the eye is going to be to LA's east, which means your winds are going to be blowing out to sea instead of inland, which would have caused a much worse storm surge.  (Pensacola on the other hand....  yikes)

from new orleans. Its not the wind and rain that worries me. its the storm surge.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I fear that the only way to see New Orleans after this thing is going to be by boat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]
On a lighter note....

One of the houses up the street from me has, "Francis, Ivan, or John Kerry.  Wich is worse?" written on the plywood over their windows.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
On a lighter note....

One of the houses up the street from me has, "Francis, Ivan, or John Kerry.  Wich is worse?" written on the plywood over their windows.  

Did YOU spell it right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
On a lighter note....

I kinds miss that - I bugged out east here to Tallahassee - this place is infested wih Kerry supporters!

How are things looking vic Ft. Walton Beach?  I am really worried about my stuff, and would preferred to have stayed - but we were not given the option.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
We still have everything here in Mobile. I've seen one little planter tree go over so far, nothing big yet. There's a BUNCH of USCG guys here in my apartment complex and we're gonna ride it out. The complex is 2 years old and steel framed so we'll see how it goes. Short of the roof coming off, we'll be fine. Now the guys south of I-10 in the flood zone, and in Pensacola...I wish them the best.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Sent ot my mom from some family we have in FL.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Whats does the red lines mean? Its coming all the way up into kentucky? Damn near into ohio
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top