BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I really don't know why you're bellyaching, you probably can't afford a Mini 14 anyway.

yeah thats it

I hope you were kidding
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I really don't know why you're bellyaching, you probably can't afford a Mini 14 anyway.

yeah thats it

I hope you were kidding

I'm not, I based my conclusion on the quality of your argument.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
then you have very poor judgement sir
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
then you have very poor judgement sir

And you base this upon what exactly?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Im not going to talk to about my Financial situationbut I based that upon the fact that your are acting like a child and why would I be on a AR15 forum when i cant even afford a Mini-14
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Im not going to talk to about my Financial situationbut I based that upon the fact that your are acting like a child and why would I be on a AR15 forum when i cant even afford a Mini-14

And throwing a hissy fit on a public message board because Ruger disagrees with you is a mature thing to do?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
so what is your stance on Ruger not selling the High Cap mags and the folders to cililians???
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
so what is your stance on Ruger not selling the High Cap mags and the folders to cililians???

As I posted earlier, IT DOESN'T SLOW ME DOWN ONE BIT. I can get those items from inumerable dealers. IT AIN'T NOTHIN'.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I used to own about 6 or 7 Ruger Mini-14s.

Had a shiiteload of 30 and 40 rounder mags to go with them.

Then 1994 came along and I sold everything that I had that Ruger ever made with the exception of two Ruger weapons of great sentimental value - 1 .44 mag cal. Ruger Deerslayer carbine which I purchased on my 18th Birthday, and a .44 mag cal. Ruger Super Blackhawk that my Father bought me a few years before he died.

But the fact that Ruger won't sell most internal parts without returning the weapon to them for the installation is one of the reasons that I got rid of all of them.

Who needs such crap when the SHTF??!!

Meanwhile, I have plenty of spare parts for all my remaining weapons!

Eric The(BoycottingRugerFor10YearsNow)Hun

EASY NOW!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Is everybody boycotting Colt…

who does not sell replacement part to the public,
who does not sell high-capacity magazines to the public,
who does not plan on making new rifles with formally banned features,
and who has defiantly done more to harm gun owners that Ruger ever did.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is everybody boycotting Colt…

who does not sell replacement part to the public,
who does not sell high-capacity magazines to the public,
who does not plan on making new rifles with formally banned features,
and who has defiantly done more to harm gun owners that Ruger ever did.

Yes, as a matter of fact a lot of people are.

Not to the extent of the Ruger bashing. I seem to recall a few dealers on this 'site are actively taking orders for new Colt LEO-marked rifles. And there doesn't seem to be any shortage of buyers. I guess a prancing horsey makes all the difference to some people.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Not to the extent of the Ruger bashing. I seem to recall a few dealers on this 'site are actively taking orders for new Colt LEO-marked rifles. And there doesn't seem to be any shortage of buyers.

SO WHAT.

There is nothing stopping a Ruger dealer from doing the same thing with Ruger rifles. The policy of Colt is EXACTLY the same as the policy of Ruger but with safe personal guns ect, added in.

They should try a little consistency and less hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not to the extent of the Ruger bashing. I seem to recall a few dealers on this 'site are actively taking orders for new Colt LEO-marked rifles. And there doesn't seem to be any shortage of buyers.

SO WHAT.

There is nothing stopping a Ruger dealer from doing the same thing with Ruger rifles. The policy of Colt is EXACTLY the same as the policy of Ruger but with safe personal guns ect, added in.

No, not "so what." I doubt you understand Ruger's policies, just like the other ill-informed posters. They have dealers and they have LE dealers. The two aren't the same. You can't walk into a Ruger LE dealer and buy a M77 and you can't walk into a "regular" Ruger dealer and buy a Mini 14 high capacity magazine.

Oh, and FYI, Ruger hasn't manufactured the Mini 14 GB in years. They have no folding stocks available, nor do they have many of the parts that were common to the GB. I suppose someone will take issue with that and start bitching and crying. Just buy some PMIs and STFU.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SO WHAT.

No, not "so what." I doubt you understand Ruger's policies, just like the other ill-informed posters. They have dealers and they have LE dealers. The two aren't the same. You can't walk into a Ruger LE dealer and buy a M77 and you can't walk into a "regular" Ruger dealer and buy a Mini 14 high capacity magazine.

Oh, and FYI, Ruger hasn't manufactured the Mini 14 GB in years. They have no folding stocks available, nor do they have many of the parts that were common to the GB. I suppose someone will take issue with that and start bitching and crying. Just buy some PMIs and STFU.

You are just really to dense for words…

One more time without the bullsh*t how does Colts policy differ from Rugers?

FYI dumbass there are already Ruger dealers advertising new factory high capacity magazines for sale to the general public.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#19]
All the bickering aside, who buys mags from the manufacturer anyways?

My Ruger has many 30 round mags, scads of 15 rounders and loads of 9 rounders.

I've never even thought of buying a mag direct from the manufacturer... it would be more expensive anyhow wouldn't it? Sure it would.

Molehill to a mountain here, I don't see the point in this discussion...

Call me crazy.
Call me a fool
Just dont call me at 3am
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SO WHAT.

You are just really to dense for words…

One more time without the bullsh*t how does Colts policy differ from Rugers?

Maybe you really ought to consider understanding the definition of dense before any further blunders. Ruger doesn't make any LEO Minis anymore. Been that way for a LOT of years. If they're not making them, then how would a Ruger LE dealer order one? Think about it, but not too hard.

Further, I don't recall posting that Ruger had a different policy than Colt. Do you? Perhaps you could show me. Then again, maybe you can't. The only hypocrisy demonstrated here has been that of ill-informed posters. The ones who want to bash Ruger, but suck up to Colt. Let me know if this is all too much for you to comprehend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#21]
hey Just_some_guy do you work for Ruger??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
FYI dumbass there are already Ruger dealers advertising new factory high capacity magazines for sale to the general public.

And perhaps you should also understand the meaning of DUMBASS before labeling yourself as one. Did I not state in earlier posts that the magazines could be had from dealers? Did I not state that? YES OR NO??????!!!!!!! Did I not state that Ruger's own sales policy wouldn't slow anyone down who wanted one? DID I NOT STATE THAT? YES OR NO??????!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Hey repub18, are you a close personal friend of Bill Clinton? You live in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey repub18, are you a close personal friend of Bill Clinton? You live in Arkansas.

yeah because thats comparable
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah because thats comparable

Yeah, because my view means I work for Ruger.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#26]
well you seem to have big emotional ties to the company
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

And you seem to have a big emotional hangup with them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Enough with the personal attacks.

what are these personal attacks you speak of??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Enough with the personal attacks.

what are these personal attacks you speak of??

Probably Max_Mike's posts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you seem to have a big emotional hangup with them.

While I have tactical disagreements with their refusal to sell certain parts to the public at large, and political problems with the company's attitude towards the RKBA!

That was sufficient for me to get OFF the Ruger Bandwagon and stay OFF the Ruger Bandwagon!

I know that is easy enough to understand! Right?

Eric The(Hopeful)Hun

That's certainly within your rights.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#33]
allright Just_some_guy I guess we just have to aggree to disagree allright?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I believe its the back and forth crap of Repub18 and Just Some Guy. If you two don't take it to emails, or IM's this thread will soon be locked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
allright Just_some_guy I guess we just have to aggree to disagree allright?

No, you're not providing a valid disagreement. Your argument doesn't amount to squat. You're mad at Ruger for not selling high capacity Mini 14 magazines directly to the public. BIG DEAL, THEY NEVER HAVE. I posted how to get around that, which is what everyone has been doing in the Mini 14's 30+ years of existence.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#36]
its not the high cap mags specificly, it is there general stance on 2nd amendment issues, and this phone call just reaffirmed my stance
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
its not the point of the high cap mags directly to the public it is there general stance on 2nd amendment issues

And as I asked you earlier, how does their business decision relate to that? Ever dealt with HK USA? They don't sell squat to the public!!!! Nothing. I guess in your world there would be a lot of anti-2nd Amendment gun companies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#38]
like I said its not just the High Cap mags
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
like I said its not just the High Cap mags

There are many other gun companies with similar and identical policies. Because Ruger is the largest firearms manufacturer in the U.S., they are more visible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#40]
just look at some of Bill Rugers quotes and then come back and justify them
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
just look at some of Bill Rugers quotes and then come back and justify them

Look at some of Gaston Glock's, Colt's talking heads, etc. Your discussion is going nowhere fast.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bye bye 10/22, hello CZ 452.....

Isn't the 452 a bolt gun?  Or am I thinking of something else?

If you want a good mag-fed 22 auto, what other options would you consider?

452 is a bolt gun. I'm currently not too picky, but I figure I've got a .22 pistol and a crapload of ammo, so why not get a rifle to go with it? Everyone needs a .22 rifle (or is that a .22 and a .38?)...

For mag fed 22 auto.....it's pricey, but Volquartsen makes their own receiver, and it has an integral rail to boot. That's the route I'd go for a mag fed .22 semi.....

And what is up with the bickering. I mean, jeez. Shouldn't most of you be happy? You guys get normal cap mags, collapsible stocks, flash hiders, and bayo lugs! We get an ASSAULT WEAPON TASK FORCE!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
And what is up with the bickering. I mean, jeez. Shouldn't most of you be happy? You guys get normal cap mags, collapsible stocks, flash hiders, and bayo lugs! We get an ASSAULT WEAPON TASK FORCE!!!!!

I'm wondering the same thing. The AWB ends yesterday and already someone's whining.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#44]
If I ever buy a boat I'll consider a Mini-14 as a possible anchor. Otherwise, I have no use for one.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm wondering the same thing. The AWB ends yesterday and already someone's whining.

oh give me a break no one is whinning, your playing a part in this buillshit to so dont get all neutral on me.  Anyway this discussion is done I dont want to dislike you and if we further this argument it will happen so it is dead to me
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If I ever buy a boat I'll consider a Mini-14 as a possible anchor. Otherwise, I have no use for one.

Thank you for your opinion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
oh give me a break no one is whinning

You're obviously excluding yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#48]
so hey guys how the weather around the country??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Then 1994 came along and I sold everything that I had that Ruger ever made with the exception of two Ruger weapons of great sentimental value - 1 .44 mag cal. Ruger Deerslayer carbine which I purchased on my 18th Birthday, and a .44 mag cal. Ruger Super Blackhawk that my Father bought me a few years before he died.

But the fact that Ruger won't sell most internal parts without returning the weapon to them for the installation is one of the reasons that I got rid of all of them.

The bastards wont sell me parts I need to fix a trigger. Those bastards
I even tried a gunsmith and they wouldn't sell him the parts. Greeat customer care. If it breaks fuck it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bastards wont sell me parts I need to fix a trigger. Those bastards
I even tried a gunsmith and they wouldn't sell him the parts. Greeat customer care. If it breaks fuck it.

Send it back.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top