User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm very serious.

And yes, I am an intelligent, college-educated, professional person. I have made it this far in my life with some reason and analytical skills. But I want to get to the bottom of this.

Bottom of what? Who did it? or Why it happened?

There is no question the boy suffered severe physical harm. But WHO did it is the question.

You probably don't have to look much further than the two men who were convicted and sentenced for doing it......

The state convicted these two young men of being the sole perpetrators. The legal system also acquitted O.J. Simpson.

Not the same system and not the same thing. There was not nearly enough money involved in this case.  Get it?

I will draw my conclusions, but I also present this to the intelligent members of AR15.com to see what you say about it. No knee-jerk responses please.

I smell a rat dude, you're just trolling for the host of church bashers here on the boards to give another opportunity to bash the church some more. If you are HALF as reasonable and intelligent as you claim to be the answers to your questions are staring you in the face.

I was at the church tonight. I spent some time with these people. They are all decent, hard-working (on the blue-collar side) men and women like yourselves who have children they adore. There were children all over the place, and they all look healthy and happy. Something to think about.

There were decent hard working people with children they adored all over Jim Jones camp too and David Koresh's camp too, wanna hang around either one of those places for very long?

The root of the problem here at this church as I see it from what you've described is the Pastor has no accountability and runs the entire show himself, this should NEVER happen at ANY church. < that's a period.

I am not trying to give the church bashers on AR15.com ammunition. I am a Christian myself. I just want some objectivity.

ANSWER THE OTHER QUESTIONS IN THIS SAME POST!

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT OBJECTIVITY ON THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN GIVEN?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What's interesting is I sat next to a young man who said, "The devil is trying to destroy our church. The government lawyers were making fun of our clothes and our close-knit ways, and our fundamental devotion to the Bible." Something to that effect.

Actually, here's food for thought. Since I visited them a few weeks ago, they were friendly , but I sensed they were a little leery because I popped in out of nowhere. They kept asking me how did you know about us?

Given my professional, college-educated demeanor, they might have wondered if I was some sort of governement agent trying to infiltrate them. It sort of makes sense now, as I wasn't aware of this story with the little boy before.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You're so full of it.............

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You're so full of it.............

I can honestly say, in my speech and manner and dress, I don't fit in there, at least on the outside.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Given my professional, college-educated demeanor, they might have wondered if I was some sort of governement agent trying to infiltrate them.

were you trying to "infiltrate" in that swinger's orgy you went to a few weeks ago also?

ah, ha!  you think we dont go to other forums you visit?    FYI: another gun forum ....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Given my professional, college-educated demeanor, they might have wondered if I was some sort of governement agent trying to infiltrate them.

were you trying to "infiltrate" in that swinger's orgy you went to a few weeks ago also?

ah, ha!  you think we dont go to other forums you visit?  

Well, I'm not trying to infiltrate anything, just checking things out. Meeting people on extreme edges of society, it seems.

As a female co-worker told me not too long ago, "Clean_cut, you have a knack for meeting some strange people."
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
when i was younger, i was forced to attend hilltop baptist temple, which was located in cedar park, a suburb of austin.  my parents would not accept the fact that the church was...well...evil, until a 42-year-old deacon committed statutory rape with a 15-year old student.  the incident was covered up, and the family of the girl was repeatedly threatened with physical violence if they went to the police.  all for the glory of god.

thank god that place no longer exists.

in your case, if the children of the pastor beat a younger, smaller child, and the preacher did not immediately condemn it, get out now.  they are christian in name only.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go to the ULC website, become an ordained minister and start your own goddamn church.

simple.

Good lord, hahaha... some choice of words there !  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Clean Cut =
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

Whatever, dude. If you have issues with churches, deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

BIG +1
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
WHAT THE #$@&* IS SO TROLLISH ABOUT WHAT I POSTED!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

I don't have issues with MY church.

I do have issues with you wanting to go to a church that is run AGAINST Holy Scriptures.

I have issues with you posting inflamitory comments about churches in general and then not answering direct questions about your insinuations.

I have issues with you not answering my direct questions on the board in your own thread but rather sending me cyptic instant messages that are really more silly questions.

As I responded to your IM.....

GET REAL OR GO AWAY.

Everybody here sees through you like you were a window pane.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
WHAT THE #$@&* IS SO TROLLISH ABOUT WHAT I POSTED!

What is so trollish is what you did not post.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
report back after grenade making night

seriously dude the decisions you have been making lately shows that your life is more fu&ked up than a dollar watch, professional, intelligent, yeah yeah whatever.  The fact that you try to damn hard to fit in despite that fact you are " professional, intelligent..."show you have other issues that need more help,  and even more so that you are trying to run to the church with issues makes it really stand out; try a psychotherapist or a sex change.

Ever thought about hopping back in the boat and heading back across the pond with momma? I'm sure with so many people in Singapore someone is bound to like you

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

I do have issues with you wanting to go to a church that is run AGAINST Holy Scriptures.

I have issues with you posting inflamitory comments about churches in general and then not answering direct questions about your insinuations.

I have issues with you not answering my direct questions on the board in your own thread but rather sending me cyptic instant messages that are really more silly questions.

GET REAL OR GO AWAY.

Where did I say that? Like I said, you have issues - seeing things that don't exist.

As for your questions, if I don't answer them or share your views about churches and religion, then I'm a troll?

YOU have control issues.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

seriously dude the decisions you have been making lately shows that your life is more fu&ked up than a dollar watch, professional, intelligent, yeah yeah whatever.  The fact that you try to damn hard to fit in despite that fact you are " professional, intelligent..."show you have other issues that need more help,  and even more so that you are trying to run to the church with issues makes it really stand out; try a psychotherapist or a sex change.

Ever thought about hopping back in the boat and heading back across the pond with momma? I'm sure with so many people in Singapore someone is bound to like you

Now that was uncalled for and reflected your low intelligence.

And what are these "decisions" you speak of? You are the authority on what is fucked up and not, I suppose. It's a free country. It's also a big one. There are all kinds of people here. All kinds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#18]
 without a cause or a clue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I seem to be drawing out the low-count lurkers tonight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I think what others are saying is that:
1. Open your eyes.
2. Close off all your feelings. Feelings get in the way of rational thought.
3. Objectively LOOK.
4. Think.

You asked for thoughts and opinions.  Go back and re-read them taking yourself out of the picture.
What would you tell the poster now?
I dont think there was anyone who posted sure go for it. (Ok there was 1, but he doesnt count)

I just dont understand why you want to get to the bottom of "it".  Its a waste of time.
Go find another place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what are these "decisions" you speak of? You are the authority on what is fucked up and not, I suppose. It's a free country. It's also a big one. There are all kinds of people here. All kinds.

The mistake he made was including 'as of late'.

I swear, you are either constantly trolling the boards with the most inane topics and questions, or you are quite possibly one of the most naive individuals to roam the planet in recent memory.

How I long for the clean_cut of old, who posted an opus and vowed never to come back here. Whatever happened to that guy???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

low intelligence? nahh, you don't see me living in communes, asking if I should join a church that condones adults beating children to the point of ICU stays, all the while sitting here pouring out my thoughts and exclaiming " I'm hard working, professional, intelligent..."

Dude I lived and worked in Austin, I worked in a conservative insurance office that was anything but GM and head AE lived together( both males) did it make me what to join a cult going under the guise of a church or ask for backrubs, hell no.

If you don't like my opinion, they perhaps you shouldn't start stupid threads like this, then get upset when you get jumped for supporting a flawed church, as you said its a free country
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Why I want to get to the bottom of this:

I will go on to another church, and there is an alternate church I also visit - a more mainstream one.

But what shocked me was the people I have gotten to know in the last few weeks could think like this about the situation.

Fact: a child was seriously seriously hurt.

Fact: some members were more concerned about the fate of the two perpetrators than the welfare of the child

Fact: This church in question definately has a "Us against the world" attitude.

Anyway, I was just disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I swear, you are either constantly trolling the boards with the most inane topics and questions, or you are quite possibly one of the most naive individuals to roam the planet in recent memory.

How I long for the clean_cut of old, who posted an opus and vowed never to come back here. Whatever happened to that guy???

Why do you post in my threads if you don't like the topic?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you post in my threads if you don't like the topic?

Because I'm waiting for your next opus where you vow to never post here again.

Why'd you post a thread where you come off as totally clueless  if you can't stand criticism???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

low intelligence? nahh, you don't see me living in communes, asking if I should join a church that condones adults beating children to the point of ICU stays, all the while sitting here pouring out my thoughts and exclaiming " I'm hard working, professional, intelligent..."

Dude I lived and worked in Austin, I worked in a conservative insurance office that was anything but GM and head AE lived together( both males) did it make me what to join a cult going under the guise of a church or ask for backrubs, hell no.

If you don't like my opinion, they perhaps you shouldn't start stupid threads like this, then get upset when you get jumped for supporting a flawed church, as you said its a free country

Well, excuse me for the serious sin of self-aggrandizement. Bad poster! Bad!

No, I'm not intelligent, just somewhat fortunate I suppose. To an extent.

I don't know for sure if the church "condones" the beating of a child as you say. That's what I'd like to find out. If it does, then it should go to hell!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

CC, you really do troll about religion.  You've posted more than one thread amounting to "Jesus Christ is my personal savior, but I'm still really afraid of Hell and stuff, cause like, maybe He isn't really powerful enough to save me."  I really can't believe that you're so stupid that you think "just because they put a kid in the ICU they're not bad people".  The only reasonable explananation is that you're trolling.  I'm sure I'm not the only Christian who's sick of hearing your moanings and groanings..
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

yup

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Here's a pic of what those pieces of shit did. Anyone who would associate themselves with this church is a fucking moron.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#30]
You ask for people's opinion about the church and situation.  They give their opinion.  You then defend and make excuses instead of listening.  That is a bit trollish.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean Cut =

GET REAL OR GO AWAY.

Where did I say that?

Where did you say what?

things that don't exist.

As for your questions, if I don't answer them or share your views about churches and religion, then I'm a troll?

YOU have control issues.

No you don't answer them because you know the answers to them already, OR the truthful answers will reveal that you have no interest in this church at all you just want to covertly bash and give others ammunition to bash.

I'm going to ask you one more time. Answer the questions I pose to you honestly and we'll see what your intentions are.

You said:

[originally posted by clean_cut]:
And yes, I am an intelligent, college-educated, professional person. I have made it this far in my life with some reason and analytical skills. But I want to get to the bottom of this.

I responded with:

[originally posted by bvmjethead]:
Bottom of what? Who did it? or Why it happened?

You also said:

[originally posted by clean_cut]:
There is no question the boy suffered severe physical harm. But WHO did it is the question.

I responded with:

[originally posted by bvmjethead]:
You probably don't have to look much further than the two men who were convicted and sentenced for doing it......

The thing is clean_cut, there really are no confusing issues here, and everybody else seems to see it so clearly, I question your honesty and intelligence.

There are 2 basic issues.

1. The Pastor has no authority figure above him. This is a no no. RUN.

2. The Pastors two twin sons are most likely guilty of other beatings and probably some sexual misconduct over the years, and now that they finally got caught convicted and sentenced daddy is sticking up for them. Another no no.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Here's a pic of what those pieces of shit did. Anyone who would associate themselves with this church is a fucking moron.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/thompson_boys_victim.jpg

All available evidence would point to that being a correct statement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I will go on to another church, and there is an alternate church I also visit - a more mainstream one.

But what shocked me was the people I have gotten to know in the last few weeks could think like this about the situation.

Fact: some members were more concerned about the fate of the two perpetrators than the welfare of the child

All the more reason why you should just leave and never look back. You are not the savior of even one child Jesus is.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't like the language used but I totally agree with the concept described.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Tell you what, I'll let God make the call.

If those two men are guilty, they WILL get what they deserve, whether man convicts them or not.

If they are not, then they WILL be delivered from whatever punishment they were handed.

That is what I told the pastor and that is what I believe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How loyal are they? For example if the pastor told them to take up arms against the .gov would they?

Now THAT'S trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If those two men are guilty, they WILL get what they deserve, whether man convicts them or not.

If they are not, then they WILL be delivered from whatever punishment they were handed.

Seems to me they are guilty. They have been convicted in a jury trial and have been sentenced.

clean_cut =
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Yeah, major +1.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Ultimately, God's judgement will be placed upon them, but that does not seem to be the crux of this discussion, which is whether or not you should be going to this "church". There are plenty of references in scripture that tells us not to associate ourselves with these type of people. Heck, common sense should tell you not to associate with these type of people.  This was the original question you posed and you should have already known the answer even without all the input from this thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All the more reason why you should just leave and never look back. You are not the savior of even one child Jesus is.

Yeah, I will leave, but I really don't get you. I never said I was trying to save a child. Why are you putting words in my mouth? You projecting something in your own life to my thread?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You don't actually own a rifle, do you?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ultimately, God's judgement will be placed upon them, but that does not seem to be the crux of this discussion, which is whether or not you should be going to this "church". There are plenty of references in scripture that tells us not to associate ourselves with these type of people. Heck, common sense should tell you not to associate with these type of people.  This was the original question you posed and you should have already known the answer even without all the input from this thread.

Call me naive, but I really didn't know the answer that was so obvious to all of you out there.

I was shocked when I heard it, and thought "No, that can't be...not here"

I was still sort of in shock when I posted the first post. Upon reflection I decided to move on. This was the last straw of weirdness that broke the camel's back. I was willing to give these people much leeway because they reminded me of the small quaint churches I grew up in (heck it even smelled the same).

But nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#44]

I'm all for a person or persons practicing their religion as they see fit, as long as they're not hurting
anybody else, but this sure smells..... especially the deal with the kid.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#45]
After seeing that picture I've got some things to say.

1. That is a horrific beating this boy has taken. It's most likely ruined him to Christianity for life. I know if I got beat like that for doing something as stupid as not wearing my tie to church on Sunday I'd be ruined and hateful towards Christians for a LONG time. (note) I don't know why he was beat, but there are no reasons on earth I can think of where a 12 year old boy should be beaten like that. None whatsoever.

2. The shame of it is, this is not how Christians act. This is how sect's and cults act. Jesus took brusises and stripes on His back so that we don't have to. Jesus paid the price, so we don't have to.

3. Personally I'd like to talk with him and his parents about the love that God has for His children and how this incident in no way reflects God's love for mankind. God sent Jesus, His only son to earth to DIE so that this type of thing would not have to happen.

4. I'm also going to sit down tomorrow and make a few phone calls concerning this issue. The Baptist church needs to handle this swiftly and scripturally.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#46]
being familiar with the case I can tell you the following things:

The accused did it.   NO doubt.

The picture shown is mild compared to others.  It's a wonder the kid is not dead.  He's not the only kid either.

Church members, including the pastor,  actively attempted to stop or obscure the investigation.

It's not the only time this church has come to APD's attention.

You are either the stupidest person on the planet and we should sterilize you before you reproduce,  or you are a troll.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
After seeing that picture I've got some things to say.

1. That is a horrific beating this boy has taken. It's most likely ruined him to Christianity for life. I know if I got beat like that for doing something as stupid as not wearing my tie to church on Sunday I'd be ruined and hateful towards Christians for a LONG time. (note) I don't know why he was beat, but there are no reasons on earth I can think of where a 12 year old boy should be beaten like that. None whatsoever.

2. The shame of it is, this is not how Christians act. This is how sect's and cults act. Jesus took brusises and stripes on His back so that we don't have to. Jesus paid the price, so we don't have to.

3. Personally I'd like to talk with him and his parents about the love that God has for His children and how this incident in no way reflects God's love for mankind. God sent Jesus, His only son to earth to DIE so that this type of thing would not have to happen.

4. I'm also going to sit down tomorrow and make a few phone calls concerning this issue. The Baptist church needs to handle this swiftly and scripturally.

The Baptist church can't. This one is not part of the Southern Baptist convention or such. It is completely independent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I will leave, but I really don't get you. I never said I was trying to save a child. Why are you putting words in my mouth? You projecting something in your own life to my thread?

I'm still waiting on you to answer my 2 questions.

Meanwhile I'm trolling your thread, like you're trolling my board.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
being familiar with the case I can tell you the following things:

The accused did it.   NO doubt.

The picture shown is mild compared to others.  It's a wonder the kid is not dead.  He's not the only kid either.

Church members, including the pastor,  actively attempted to stop or obscure the investigation.

It's not the only time this church has come to APD's attention.

You are either the stupidest person on the planet and we should sterilize you before you reproduce,  or you are a troll.

I'd like it if you posted some more runins with the PD regarding this church.

I just didn't know, but I'm not a troll.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still waiting on you to answer my 2 questions.

Meanwhile I'm trolling your thread, like you're trolling my board.

Your board?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top