Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
"The dead from the helicopter strike included Arab television reporter Mazen al-Tumeizi, who screamed, “I’m dying, I’m dying!” as a cameraman recorded the chaotic scene. An Iraqi cameraman working for the Reuters news agency and an Iraqi freelance photographer for Getty Images were wounded. "

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5949556/

Those reporters sure were fast on the scene.

I actually saw it happen on PMSNBC...the guy was reporting the dancing on the tanks and BBBbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpp!! It was over in seconds. He was saying to his crew "i'm dying, I'm dying". Maybe word will get out about the disabled U.S. vehicles..stay away or die.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Hit it again.
Go in and hit one every time these cockroaches start dancing on it.
Then hit them again just to be sure.
To bad this hasn't been done from the start, but nows a good a time as any.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got done with Balzacs 9-11 thread. This made me feel ever so slightly better.
Burn in hell you camel fucking terrorist shitstains.
Civilians? You are either with us or you are a terrorist. Someone buy that helicopter pilot a drink!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I sure would like to see that video.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
If  you guys notice, the 'aftermath' pics are taken before the Bradley is hit from the helicopters.  The first pics in the thread show it burned out while the later ones seem to  show it in much better shape.  Maybe the injuries happened during the initial firefight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
OOH! That's going to leave a mark!  Should of dropped a Daisy Cutter on them!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not  a sad sight.

I chipped in a few bucks towards that Bradley.

Them pagan scums was at best looters- at worst, perpetrators.

They won't be causing any more trouble.

Good job aircrew!!

Good job senior men for giving the go to shoot.

I hope this is policy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040912/capt.bag11109120645.iraq_blasts_bag111.jpg
wwwi.reuters.com/images/2004-09-12T055827Z_01_BAG07D_RTRIDSP_2_IRAQ.jpg
us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040912/capt.bag10909120630.iraq_blasts_bag109.jpg
us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040912/capt.bag10409120618.iraq_blasts_bag104.jpg
A man hoists a flag of al-Qaeda terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi on a burning U.S. Bradley Fighting Vehicle at Haifa street in Baghdad, Iraq (news - web sites), Sunday Sept. 12, 2004. Fighting broke out early in the morning between U.S troops and insurgents and lasted for nearly 90 minutes as U.S. soldiers fired from positions behind walls and trees along Haifa Street.

We are weak.  We are weak because while these people dance in the streets, we arent raining steel down on them and smearing the streets with their blood.

Lumpy's right I'm so tired of seeing this shit.Why aren't the troops fighting this thing the way it's supposed to be fought.

If an area is too dangerous for Armored Vehicles then it should be flattened first  !!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck those asshole's they got what they deserved, hell it's there fault for being there anyway's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice shooting. I dont feel very much sympathy for civilians who run out to celebrate Americans being injured.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Like to buy those pilots a beer.  It wont be long before some lib will be screaming how the pilots somehow enjoyed opening up on the crowd.  Wrong bucko, they have a job to do, and they did it - pure and simple.

Watch, it'll be the same libs who say children in America shouldnt touch guns.....but at the same time wouldnt dare say Muslim children shouldnt play around targets.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"The dead from the helicopter strike included Arab television reporter Mazen al-Tumeizi, who screamed, “I’m dying, I’m dying!” as a cameraman recorded the chaotic scene. An Iraqi cameraman working for the Reuters news agency and an Iraqi freelance photographer for Getty Images were wounded. "

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5949556/

Those reporters sure were fast on the scene.

Reporters from foreign news services are often called ahead of time before a patrol is hit by an IED, ambush or attack... so they can get the news coverage they want.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
fuck them, they would've been the same turds dragging one of ours through the streets cheering. that's what they were hoping for when they approached a military vehicle for in the first place.

now they can drag their own ass home through the streets.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040912_1418.html

At least 37 people were killed in Baghdad alone. Many of them died when a U.S. helicopter fired on a disabled U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle as Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
WHY WHY !!!!!!!!!!

WHY the HELL in this under INVESTAGATION!!!!!!!!!

just heard it on local news .. also video of a reporter that was there and died.. < but it was caught on tape >

they died they raised arms agaisnt the US armed forces in Battle.. SO WHY THE HELL IS THIS INCEDNT UNDER INVESTAGATION!!!!!!!!!

PC will lose this war..

Believe it or not , it was on NBC Nightly news at 6:30 the reporter from Al Arabia was on the microphone then you hear a machine gun erupt probably from a helicopter, then there is blood on the camera lens and mass confusion while the cameraman ducks.....I think they should play it over and over again like those beheading videos....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:14:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The aftermath.

cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51293533.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1EF189F8CE217E67FE7757C85AE85A779B
cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51293483.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E005D36AE177ABD8B7757C85AE85A779B
cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51293431.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E3EF3B11F334E21A87757C85AE85A779B

That's a hard lesson to learn, isn't it?

[Dave_A]Oh, no!!  Thats not winning their hearts and minds!![/Dave_A]

No weapons -> Not a military target, the news is TECHNICALLY right on that one.

However, in this case, they were standing on a military target -> casualty of war... Helicopters are not quiet, and when the thing showed up & lined up on that Bradley, they should have started running...

Unlike some of you, I don't revel in seeing folks blown up just because they were demonstrating against us, but the Bradley had to be destroyed to prevent capture of weapons or technology...

Now, if we start blasting peaceful demonstrations just because we don't agree with them, then we do get into the point of losing the war (freedom of speech, fredom of protest, just only if you say/protest what we want you to??)... We are not an imperial power over there, but if we start acting like one then we will be viewed as one by the entire country, not just the badguys....

Once again, we're back to this: Either you're fore the 'sensitive' mission, or you should be calling for a withdrawal. There is no other purpose to US troops being in Iraq, and never will be. The Govt hasn't bought your world-wide-holy-war... Obviously, I don't either....

And before someone brihgs it up, if they were beating an American with pipes, then by all means light 'em up...

How many times do I have to tell you guys to look at a map and try to think beyond tomorrow?

CW
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Next time replace the helicopter gunship with a Ac-130 gunship.  This happens enough they will learn that you do not celebrate death.  These people are nothing more than bullies preying upon the weak.  They are strong until the jock (friend of the bullied kid) kicks their butt.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Dance & Die!!

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...    

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

If you want to carry the flag of our enemy, expect to die like our enemy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#21]
The Arab press and TV is reporting this as a 'massacre' of innocent bystanders and the western Liberals are joining in with 'demands' to know how all these 'innocent' civilian bystanders were killed.

They claim, despite the news footage, that the Helos carried out 3 straffing runs on the street and killed people more than 60 yards from the Bradley…

Like I keep saying, you cannot convert these people they believe we are inherently evil and little more than ignorant savages…… so I say we get the blame anyway so let the guys fight for real and make them fear us.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:48:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Fire em' up

I smell bacon frying
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The Arab press and TV is reporting this as a 'massacre' of innocent bystanders and the western Liberals are joining in with 'demands' to know how all these 'innocent' civilian bystanders were killed.

They claim, despite the news footage, that the Helos carried out 3 straffing runs on the street and killed people more than 60 yards from the Bradley…

Like I keep saying, you cannot convert these people they believe we are inherently evil and little more than ignorant savages…… so I say we get the blame anyway so let the guys fight for real and make them fear us.

Andy

Have they reported the Russian school siege yet?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#24]
"Watch the bodies hit the floor"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]
For some reason I read "bradley" as "brady".
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#26]
"We will make no distinction between terrorists, and those who support them."

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"We will make no distinction between terrorists, and those who support them."

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:05:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Let's see:

Angry, irrational Iraqi terrorist sympathizers

Sticks

Pipes

Rocks

Yep, sounds like a legitimate target to me. About fucking time!
Think we offended anyone?

After all, they were waving a terrorist flag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:09:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

[Dave_A]Oh, no!!  Thats not winning their hearts and minds!![/Dave_A]

However, in this case, they were standing on a military target -> casualty of war... Helicopters are not quiet, and when the thing showed up & lined up on that Bradley, they should have started running...

Unlike some of you, I don't revel in seeing folks blown up just because they were demonstrating against us, but the Bradley had to be destroyed to prevent capture of weapons or technology...

Now, if we start blasting peaceful demonstrations just because we don't agree with them, then we do get into the point of losing the war (freedom of speech, fredom of protest, just only if you say/protest what we want you to??)... We are not an imperial power over there, but if we start acting like one then we will be viewed as one by the entire country, not just the badguys....

Once again, we're back to this: Either you're fore the 'sensitive' mission, or you should be calling for a withdrawal. There is no other purpose to US troops being in Iraq, and never will be. The Govt hasn't bought your world-wide-holy-war... Obviously, I don't either....

And before someone brihgs it up, if they were beating an American with pipes, then by all means light 'em up...

I disagree dave,  they may or may not have been combatants,  and they may or may not have been getting weaons from that bradley,

But anyone demonstrating and waving a black flack of terrorism at the site of Americans under attack can piss off in my mind.  Kids, women, whatever.   If you are dancing around cheering on a burning American vehicle,  you definately aren't WITH us,  you must be AGAINST us.  So light 'em up!

CrashBurnRepeat
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No all someone has to show is hostile intent, they don't have to have a weapon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#31]
They were under the banner of our enemy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Talk about an "Oh shit, what the f*** have I gotten myself into?" moment.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#33]
In addition to just the dying part....think of the wounded....their BELLS must be RINGING big time....

Head all in a cloud going "what in the fuck was that????"

Yes, a hard lesson indeed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Peaceful demonstrations against US policy is fine as long as the demonstrators are unarmed. Armed demonstrators = enemy. People that celebrate an attack on coaltion vehicles = enemy. We need to be lighting them up at every opportunity and it will put an end to this crap.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#35]
love them pixwe captured there dictator that they bitched about now there throwing shit like the barbarians they are Fuckem! and Fuckem Harder!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Hey does everyone remember WWII and pearl harbor?? And how the fight was against hypocritical, crazy, FANATICAL japs?? Does everyone remeber how it all ended, specifically in Nagasaki and Hiroshima. It's my personal thought that the only way to win a war against plain clothed fanatical fucks that first off have no logical reasoning, and second off really don't give a flying fuck if they die, is going to be with something dramatic like that of WWII. Truman for many years was questioned for his actions, but since then we haven't heard a peep from the japs or the germans, or the fascist italians. Maybe it's time to step-up to bat with the big leagues, and stop playing t-ball. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about instances where americans are dying for no apparent reason...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't like seeing people injured or killed. However there are certain situations, like being in a war zone, that make that understandable and justified.

I could list a bunch of reasons why I think it was justified.

But, the thing that strikes me, is there is far more coverage of these Iraqi's getting killed, than is customary when US military personnel are killed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey, if nothing else they were all jay-walking.  Punishment must be administered.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm sorry, I just don't see the other 34 "victims" at this scene.  I assume the guy who was on top was wasted but I don't see him.  I want to see more.  Stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#40]
this is serious proof of the evil that lingers in the hearts of most arfcomers.  ahh! the beautiful sight of dead iraqi nationaists.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
this is serious proof of the evil that lingers in the hearts of most arfcomers.  ahh! the beautiful sight of dead iraqi nationaists.

Yep, just like the killing of Japanese and German nationalist in the 2nd World War was a good thing, the more of them dead the less of our guys.  I may be a strange one, but it doesn't bother me one bit if killing hundreds or thousands of them are necessary to keep one American alive.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51293431.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E3EF3B11F334E21A87757C85AE85A779B
Talk about an "Oh shit, what the f*** have I gotten myself into?" moment.

Kharn

How the hell did his hat stay on?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm all for the "press" getting the story but it is truly telling to me that they will let a man bleed to death to get that story.  I'm sorry, that shows their true priorities and it has nothing to do with the truth.

If I'm ever injured and some guy does nothing but snap photos while I suffer, and if I survive, I will find him and feed him his sack with no salt, NO SALT!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#46]
How people forget.  There bombings and shootings after WWII.  Ask the GIs and Russians how many troops were killed AFTER the war.  Only thing you can do is kill anything associated with the bad guys.  If youre innocent or smart, you would think they would stay out of those situations.  They have got to run out of bad guys sooner or later.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
GOOD!

They are accustomed to loosing 10,000's, this is nothing to them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#48]
That's a CIA "Magic Hat."

They were issued to SOF operators heading into Cambodia.  I guess some were placed in the Goodwill bin.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That's a CIA "Magic Hat."

They were issued to SOF operators heading into Cambodia.  I guess some were placed in the Goodwill bin.

Check!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#50]
I saw this on MSNBC...all 6 service members were wounded, but okay, and were evacuated already.

Glad they did that.....serves them right.

Anyone see the video?  

The arabic reporter is just about to end its story, when the missile hits.

Too bad I don't have the video.....anyone else does?[

quote]Quoted:

Surge of Baghdad Violence Leaves 60 Dead
By ROBERT H. REID

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Insurgents hammered central Baghdad on Sunday with one of their most intense mortar and rocket barrages ever in the heart of the capital, heralding a day of violence that killed nearly 60 people nationwide as security appeared to spiral out of control.

At least 37 people were killed in Baghdad alone. Many of them died when a U.S. helicopter fired on a disabled U.S. Bradley fighting vehicle as Iraqis swarmed around it, cheering, throwing stones and waving the black and yellow sunburst banner of Iraq's most-feared terror organization.

Hope the guys from the Bradley are ok,but NICE SHOOTING!  I am getting a lot of pleasure thinking about this. Not to pc I guess
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top