Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Time to put the liars and cheaters on the defensive. '86 is the next best target. If/when it looks like it won't happen, force THEM to compromise by offering up national CCW.

Time to go on offense, boys.

Now THAT is a good idea!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing is going to happen until the criminals in office that are willing to sell out our rights swing in the streets!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The next step should be the legislation to protect firearms manufacturers from civil liability, the same bill that the Dems tried to attach the AWB reauthorization to earlier this year.  That is a much needed protection of our rights.
Let's get the people who make and sell the firearms and ammo we love protected.
CCW reciprocity is also good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]

I'm on it. This would be something perfect for next year after GWB is re-elected. It would drive the left even more into a mad frenzy. And looking at todays Rassmessan polls, they are going to go over the edge soon.

Ok I am intrigued, what does Rasmussen got?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What say you?

Nope... Too far, too fast...

AWB was 1st base...

89/97 'sporting purposes' import ban is 2nd

National CCW is 3rd

and 922(o) (86 MG 'making' ban) is home plate...

It's only logical... small steps....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What say you?

I say it doesn't have a sunset, we didn't defeat the AW Ban (the anti gunners just couldn't shove a renewal past Craig, Delay and Frist) and the ONLY way it will be removed is by executive order and your PRO GUN hero of a President won't do it.

If GW Bush overturns the 86 MG Ban or even his dads 89 Import Ban I will be FIRST IN LINE to say I was wrong.

Get cracking.

You get cracking.  People with attitudes like yours are the only real obstical.

Obstacle to what? Honesty?

It was Delay, Frist and Craig who saved us. They deserve the credit.

I did my part about calling my reps to not support a renewal. These 3 Republicans did their part by fighting it.

Please explain to me how "I" am an obstacle to run rights?

I'd love to hear this one.

You are a obstical to removing the 86 MG ban because you beleve that since it doesn't have a sunset we cannot FORCE its removal.  And you try to argue that its hopeless to try.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If Bush overturned either the 86 MG Ban or the 89 Import Ban I would feel so much better about my support of him it wouldn't be funny. He would prove to be the second best President in my memory right behind Reagan.

UNBELEIVABLE political naievete.

Reagan GAVE US the 86 MG ban, and Bush would be SECOND to Reagan for overturning Reagens ban???

THIS is why I say things like "Y'all simply hate Bush."

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#13]

He couldn't even come out and OPENLY support defeat of the renewal and you want me to believe he will support the end of the 86 MG Ban.

Why is his support needed?  He is not a gun affecinado, so what does he care.  We got rid of the AWB without his support, all he has to do is sign the bill when it comes to his desk, and there is no legitamate reason for him to NOT do so as the anti-gun lobby and their shills and the media have been castrated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

1. Reagans 86 MG Ban was attached to the 86 GOPA. The NRA and the vast majority of GUN ONWERS wanted that legislation and most didn't give a damn about MGs in 1986. You should really look into what the 86 GOPA did for you.

Soi Reagan BAN of MG's gets a pass from you cuz Reagan ACTIVELY SIGNED that bill, but Bush gets thumbs down from you in restoring gun freedoms cuz he DIDN'T actively work against it.

WOW.

YOu ARE an obstacle to progreess.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Count me in.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Time to put the liars and cheaters on the defensive. '86 is the next best target. If/when it looks like it won't happen, force THEM to compromise by offering up national CCW.

Time to go on offense, boys.

The import ban can always go as a rider on the MG ban repeal.

Or TWO bills, one repealing the import ban and one repealing the MG ban can be introduced and the opposition forced to COMPROMISE, as we were ten years ago for what they perceve to be the lesser of two evils..
... and then next year we come back with the other, like they did.

Nice!!!!  

But I consider the MG ban more important since that actually changes the quality of weapon, and the firepower, available to the American Citizen.  The Import Ban just pleases collectors, having AUGs and SIG 550s available in the US in semi auto only does not improve our ability to fight, but having MGs- especially being able to buy a whole different class of weapons like SAW's, GPMG's, and HMG's DOES improve the ability to fight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What say you?

AWB was 1st base...

National CCW is 3rd

I think the next pro-gun fed law that will be passed is lawsuit protection
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He couldn't even come out and OPENLY support defeat of the renewal and you want me to believe he will support the end of the 86 MG Ban.

Why is his support needed?  He is not a gun affecinado, so what does he care.  We got rid of the AWB without his support, all he has to do is sign the bill when it comes to his desk, and there is no legitamate reason for him to NOT do so as the anti-gun lobby and their shills and the media have been castrated.

Because I don't think anyone in Congress (even the current Republicans) are gonna risk going after machine guns. The strong point of defeating the AW renewal was countering liberal lies that these ARE machine guns.

But if it is attempted I, and most gun onwers, would support it.

Where is resistance going to come FROM? Look around at the feeble reaction of the anti-gun lobby.  Where is there power?  

In all probability it was allways illusitory.  The old big 4 in the media probably fabricated it,  and as they have been caught lying, now we must ask how LONG they have been lying.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think we should go after suppressors, SBRs, and AOWs first.

If you cant get them that is your STATES problem.  They ARE legal under federal law, just subject to tax.

Are you joking? I live in Kentucky, and can get anything in my state. Hell, with my KY CCDW I can legally carry weapons of mass destructions concealed.

I know they are legal. It is the over regulation and $200 tax I would like to see removed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I don't think anyone in Congress (even the current Republicans) are gonna risk going after machine guns. The strong point of defeating the AW renewal was countering liberal lies that these ARE machine guns.

But if it is attempted I, and most gun onwers, would support it.

Where is resistance going to come FROM? Look around at the feeble reaction of the anti-gun lobby.  Where is there power?  

How many R senators voted to ADD the AWB amendment to the lawsuit bill?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Reagan signed the GUN OWNERS PROTECTION ACT which contained the AW Ban.

Bush did NOTHING for gun owners by publically supporting the renewal in 2000.

?

Bottom line is this -

Under Reagan we LOST rights for the type of firearms the Second Amendment concerns itself with.

Under Bush we GAINED rights on 'weapons of ordinary military useage.".

Reagan gave lip service to duck hunters. Bush got RESULTS for 2A arms.

You prefer Reagan.

WOW  

Try this -

Suppose with complete Repub control of the gov't the ban WAS renewed, with Bush coming out rhetorically against it. YOU would feel better about Bush.

Me?? I like the dead AWB, without the rheotric.

ANd as I've REPEATEDLY stated, had Bush come out against teh ban rhetorically in 2000, the antis would have had FOUR years to muster their forces.

With Bush's methdology, the antis were lulled to sleep, and the ban is dead.

RESULTS MATTER. Screw rhetoric.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

In all probability it was allways illusitory.  The old big 4 in the media probably fabricated it,  and as they have been caught lying, now we must ask how LONG they have been lying.

We must strike when they are weak, which is NOW.

FOPA '86 didn't explicitly ban new MGs. It's an ATFE interpretation of FOPA '86 that has stopped new MGs from being put in the registry. We need to get that turned around - by congress or a new ATFE lead.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
It makes perfect sense to go after this ban now. Now that the sheeple are so thoroughly confused by the liberal media's take on what an assault weapon is.

Exactly, PotatoHead (that's MISTER PotatoHead to you!).

We start working on the 86 MG ban, and the sheeple will say, "Bububububu...  I thought the Assault Weapon Ban handled that, and now that it's dead, it doesn't matter anymore? Bububububuuu, whatever, CSI is on now."

While they're still trying to figure out what the hell bit them in the ass with the AWB, we keep up the pressure, continue the fight, go for the gusto. They're already rocked back on their heels, lets give them an uppercut.

Edited for punctuation error.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't think the timing is right .... The Anti Gun Scum would use it against us .
We won the AWB by default , but its still a close issue in the Senate and House .

Remember ......... Pigs get fat and Hogs get slaughtered

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#34]
if you want more understanding of FOPA 86, read this article at GunCite.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What say you?

AWB was 1st base...

National CCW is 3rd

I think the next pro-gun fed law that will be passed is lawsuit protection

So do I.

It would be the perfect oppertunity to add a rider for 'sporting purposes'... If the GOP puts enough pro-gun stuff in there, we'll have something to trade off if the other guys attach too much baggage...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#36]

many Republicans

name them

oh, and they lost didn't they.

Those same ones will vote FOR it next year when they don't have support.

You don't actually beleve they have any idealogical attachment to gun control do you?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Under Reagan we LOST rights for the type of firearms the Second Amendment concerns itself with.

There is your error.

Under Reagan we gained back MANY of our rights that were lost in 1968.

Do you not know prior to 1986 gun collectors who bought a gun and sold it for profit were being prosecuted for being "unlicensed gun dealers"?

I.

Well you red highlighted my post but apparently you didn't read it.

Yeah, gun owners were getting the shaft, and Reagan "fixed" that by selling out the SPECIFIC type of arms protected by 2A.

Duck hunters - 1

Second AMendment - 0

Know how we always say 2A isn't about duck hunting? We're right. Something Reagan didn't understand.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

many Republicans

name them

You don't actually beleve they have any idealogical attachment to gun control do you?

They were named not long ago.

And they DID NOT LOSE. The amendment PASSED.

Larry Craig then killed his own bill to prevent it from going to BUSH.

This was only a few months ago, have we forgotten already?!?

You seem to have already forgot how the US Congress works!

It WAS NOT going to BUSH it was going TO COMITTEE with the House.

And next year- 5 less Democrats in the senate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Reagan basically acceded to the demand of the majority of gun owners.

Like I said , under Reagan -

Duck Hunters   AND gun haters 1

SecondAMendment 0

Under Bush -

SecondAmendment  1

Gun haters 0
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:And next year- 5 less Democrats in the senate.

You're the most optimistic guy I know.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:And next year- 5 less Democrats in the senate.

You're the most optimistic guy I know.

Explain to me HOW a lefty can win the seats being vacated by Breaux, Miller, Edwards, et al?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

many Republicans

name them

They were named not long ago.

And they DID NOT LOSE. The amendment PASSED.

Larry Craig then killed his own bill to prevent it from going to BUSH.

This was only a few months ago, have we forgotten already?!?

You seem to have already forgot how the US Congress works!

It WAS NOT going to BUSH it was going TO COMITTEE with the House.

And next year- 5 less Democrats in the senate.

And IF passed ulitmately to Bush for signature.

And that was how likely?  After Bill Frist TOLD them not to bring it?  Your really streatching to try and keep this fantisy of anti-gunner power going.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#49]
*piss*      *piss*

*piss* *piss*                  *piss*

*piss*                    *piss*

Who's gonna win this contest?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top