Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2001 10:18:43 AM EDT
I am sure you will get a kick out of this "I am a dumb ass story"
I complained earlier about the the stock 10 round magazine that came with my bushy having some really sharp edges where it is riveted together. I even panned on calling bushmaster tomarrow to see if they would swap mags with a new one piece type.  Anyway we go down to our land in southern Ohio and get the brillant idea to do some timed shooting. So I try to swap mags as fast as possible (factory 10 round bushy frankenmag with a 30 round mag) then continue shooting. I yanked the 10 rounder out except the only thing that happened was my hand sliding down the mag without it coming out. I sliced my hand wide open and had to pack up to go get 15 stiches at the local ER. I totally forgot once I fired the first round about it being sharp. We drove 2 hours and shot 10 rounds and had to leave. What a dumbass. Hope this makes someone elses bad day not seem so bad now.

SuperDave
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL!!
I wouldnt admit to that DK
HAHAHAHHHA!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Those 10 round mags are a menace to the public safety and should be banned. Mags should hold a minimum of 20 rounds so that they are large enough to be easily removed from the weapon without injury.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ow!ow!ow!ow!ow! New pain!

I thought this was going to be an accidental discharge thread.    
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a Bushy yesterday and shot it for the first time.  I too have the frankenmag with sharp edges.  Bushmaster should have a total recall of this mag, it's nothing but a piece of junk!  If I were to run my hand down the mag I would be in the same shape as you.

Your not a "dumb ass," the people at Bushmaster should be ashamed at providing the piece of garbage with their rifle.  I bet even Uncle Sam wouldn't accept this!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought SuperDave was always the dumbass of the day. Remember the show.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The only plus was that my first 10 shots hit dead center.  Damn this is a good shooting gun.
Hell I would be happy if they just switched the mags for me.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]
If people can sue Beretta for a kid shooting his friend, or himself, I forget, but the gun didn't have a mag in it. NEVER MIND the loaded chamber indicator button. They're suing because the gun can be fired without a mag.

I'm sure you could sue bushmaster for "the loss of your hand", "not being able to work due to the loss of your hand", "emotional trauma", and prolly some other crap.

But please don't.      

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Just send'em a letter about your sob story(along with your hospital info) and ask'em to make right. I bet they'll bend over backwards to make you happy. P.S. does this injury affect your "sex life", knowwhutImean?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
P.S. does this injury affect your "sex life", knowwhutImean?
View Quote

If it does affect his "sex life", are you volunteering to help out?!?!!??

Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That's why I just love this forum, y'all are so willing to "hook a brother up'...
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Uh-Oh, another "Gun related injury" for the stats book. Did they ask you how it happenend?

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I sliced my hand wide open and had to pack up to go get 15 stiches at the local ER.
View Quote

Ouch! I'm glad I took out the innards and chucked my Bushy mag in the trash. Sue 'em, I say.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Injuries much worse than that will be incurred during the inevitable confrontation and you must learn to deal with these types of emergencies in the field as medical services may not be readily available.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#15]
A carry an aid bag that includes a field surgery kit with me every time I go shooting or gold prospecting...

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A carry an aid bag that includes a field surgery kit with me every time I go shooting or gold prospecting...

Aviator
View Quote

Ever find any gold???
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
hell this injury is minor.  I race motocross for fun, I have my own room at the local orthopedic surgeon! I am not going to sue anyone for something stupid like that. Hell I can still shoot, and drink a beer, it might even get me a little pity from the wife for a couple of days till I get so pissed off I take the stiches out myself.

Hell its my fault I knew the damn thing was sharp and was even going to call them and swap it for a new one.

SuperDave
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
SuperDave you're not a dumbass,these things happen to us all.call or write bushie and tell what happened.i know they were exchanging these mags for the new ones.who know's maybe they'll sent you a couple extra.i certainly wouldn't sue them or threaten to,that's just plan stupid and then you would be a dumbass.SD ask any of the guys who were at the campybob shoot last year,i was the guy with the big white bandage on my hand from putting it through the front of a microwave oven.best of luck and i hope it didn't hurt to much.mmk
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
There is such a problem in the world today with people suing everyone over the dumbest shit. Its just ignorant. Hell I probably wouldn't even have gone to the emergency room if the wife wouldn't had been with us. You know how they can be - holy cow.  Have had a couple shots of Tequila - feeling pretty good.

Dave
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
There is such a problem in the world today with people suing everyone over the dumbest shit.

Got that right Dave.[;)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was a kid working at the sheetmetal and stamping shop everything was deburred. I guess it's a lost art with companies these days.

BM should be ashamed.

Hope your hand feels better.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That totally sucks ass!!  You ARE a dumb-ass.  

I thought I was the head dumb-ass when I had to remove two ticks from MY PENIS after gardening all day yesterday with shorts on!! [:X*]   Ouch!  What a dumb-ass!  But you've made me feel better about myself already.

How could you not feel a TICK on your DICK!
At least he didn't plug the hole,so 2 speak.[>Q]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's another dumbass story for you. I bought a Columbia River Knife and Tool knife awhile back. The kind that has a Kydex sheath for the fixed blade that is held in place by friction fit. Well I'm wrapping the handle with the para cord that it comes with that when it unexpectedly pops out of the sheath and slices my left hand thumb down to the bone. Oh, did I mention this happend at work? Yeah, I wasting company time and I have a knife they would probably have a cow if they knew about. A company that is so friggin anal about safety that you have to report even getting a tiny little splinter. So, I'm trying not to bleed all over the place while I hid so I can tape the cut close. I manage to stop the bleeding and keep my hand in my pocket the rest of the day and get away with it this time. But guess what? I give the knife away some time later only to buy another because I miss it. Well, in the car home after picking up the new one I do it again while fussing with it while I'm driving. Fourteen stiches this time across my left hand even after I knew these knives had a tendency to come out unexpectedly. I kept the knife but never use as I guess you can tell why.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd call BM and tell them what happened. Maybe they'll offer you a free rifle. [:)]

I get the dumb ass of the day award though. I had my very first AD today. Thank goodness the rifle was aimed down range where it should have been.

I had just put a new scope and mount on my 16" HBar, and had fired just two rounds when I notice something loose. Prior to that, I had been setting up a scope and shooting my bolt action .308, putting one round into it at a time.

Anyway, I stop to tighten the loose fastener, and while holding the rifle on the sand bag rest, my finger hit the trigger and the rifle fired. Startled me big time! I guess I just plain forgot that I was shooting a semi with a full mag.

I just yanked the mag out, cleared the gun, and went about my business, hoping no one noticed. I still feel real dumb and real lucky, two hours later. [:X*]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I believe the lawyers call that "Loss of Consortium", but I think you have to have a partner to claim it. [:D]
CS

Quoted:
Just send'em a letter about your sob story(along with your hospital info) and ask'em to make right. I bet they'll bend over backwards to make you happy. P.S. does this injury affect your "sex life", knowwhutImean?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
Quoted:

Aviator
View Quote

Ever find any gold???
View Quote

Every time I go out  :-)

Aviator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top