Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2001 7:28:42 AM EDT
I asked my live-in girlfriend to marry me on Friday.  I am lucky she likes my guns.  She is pregnant and has never said anything about getting rid of them, in fact I am building her a post-ban AR M4gery.  Here's a good story about her.  On our first date I took her, in the middle of the night, out to the desert to go shooting (hey this is AZ that's how we do it out here).  I let her shoot the M-16 (Colt SP1 conversion)so I could 'help' her control the gun, a.k.a. hold her.  Anybody else have a first date like that?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you have a keeper, good luck man.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
No, [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Hangfire, your making me nervous.  Maybe I should just go oil the old M-16 to calm myself down.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I assume she said yes?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
She said yes!  And right after she did say yes I stopped shaking.  I knew she was going to say yes, but I was still nervous.  I now know why men get down on one knee (as did I) to pop the question, it's to give us more balance while we shake uncontrollably.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Gun Scum...Congrats!  Your mention of night desert shooting brought back many fond memories of my 5 years in Arizona.  The only place that I ever lived where I could find plenty of open desert to shoot in that was a 10 minute drive from my house.  That was back in the mid 80's though so I'm not sure how far the Phoenix area has "grown out" now.  Used to hunt rattlers and make them into hat bands!  Anyway, sounds like you have a definate keeper.  Hope you have many happy years and a few little ones to pass your love of shooting and guns onto.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Speaking a few little ones... I have a little one on the way.  Maybe that is another topic...
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Better you than me...
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Your life is over.  IMHO, a marriage certificate and a death certificate are one and the same.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]
When we were dating, I gave my wife an SKS with a pretty pink bow, some flowers and a card on Valentine's Day. Congratulations to you for finding somebody cool to spend your life with.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations, brother!  Don't listen to the naysayers.  I've been married for a year & a half now, & have the perfect wife.  She also loves my guns, & is actually glad I have a "practical" hobby, instead of golf or something else.  When you find the right one, it's so worth it.  I've also got a little boy to brag about - can't wait to take him shooting for the first time![:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]
None.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Spider, yeah I am excited about it all.  I am already planning on buying my new babies first .22 rimfire rifle.  I can't wait to teach him/her how to shoot.  Right now I am teaching my 9 year old niece how to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
 19 years, 2 kids, 3 houses, a whole buncha' guns later, and I still think it's a good idea. If you're sour on marriage, you married the wrong woman.  BTW, children make a good man better.  [beer]  
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Best wishes to you, Gun Scum.
You've just acquired a new job!!!
Really, all the best with the "Wife & Kid"...
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#18]
met my wife while out at a match and she knew right off the bat that I loved my guns. got married and then hey honey lets move out of this apartment and get a house .
OK so lets sell you corvette and your match rifles to get the money for a good down payment. she said you can always get another one later. wow!!! that was almost 8 years ago and just now I'am starting to build another match rifle and still can't tell her what I spend.
but I cheat alot with my guns. I buy and sell so many guns and military surplus items like the stuff on the merchandise thread right now that she does not have a clue whats going on. he!he!he! it took me a while to figure out that my checks were accounted for but what I generate on the side she has not a clue.

good luck kids are great!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
At times like these, I always remember the famous words of the great Hungarian Patriot and
'56 Revolutionary Poster Girl - ZSA ZSA GABOR! Who said:
[b]A man in love is incomplete, until he is married and then he's finished.[/b]
View Quote

BTW, congrats are in order, I 'spect.

Eric The(BeenThere,BeenThere,DoneThat,DoneThat)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Congrats!  If she's pregnant now, is it your kid? What will you do if you get married and the baby comes out with a different shade of color than your own?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations!  Treat her well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Gun Scum,

Speaking from experience....

Do you know what the number one contraceptive in the world is?

Wedding Cake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top