BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The poll is interesting, it asks if it's ok to find out about who holds a ccw .  That's alot different then PUBLISHING a name IMO.

They FUCKING published the names!!!!!

Do you think I make this UP?

Lucas County, Ohio CCW permit holders, courtesy of WNWO/NBC 24

I just sent them a nasty e-mail and filed a complaint on the Ohio Attorney General's webpage.  If my name had been there, they'd be hearing from me in civil court as well.

I understand what they did...It was done here in NoVA and the paper got a shitload of angry letters.  However IIRC it was the lawsuit that stopped them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I emailed them and let them know I would publish pics, names and DOBs of their children as soon as I get...

Shit! They'd have a cow!

Full page ad.

John Smith, editor of thd daily rag.

wife, June D.

children: Theodore(9 yo) and Wally(13 yo)

addy: 123 Main St

phone: 111-222-1234

email editor @ daily.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Hit..........
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Done
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Date of Birth is going above and beyond the info the law mentions.  
It is just sour grapes on their part.
Anything that anyone wants to do, such as posting their personal info and/or their childrens' would not upset me, at this point.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Not trying to be a smart ass, but I think you should edit the title of this thread to   "Hit this poll"  or ARFCOM FIRE MISSION!!"  or something differnt than what you have ther now.

I read "poll needs overloaded" and it didn't make sense.  I have passed this thread up most of the day.

Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Complaining to the Attorney General, Jim Petro, is a great idea.

Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro
State Office Tower 30 E. Broad Street 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3428  
(614) 466-4320

or use this web form.... Constituent Inquiry
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Name, DOB, Location? The  local "gansta thugs" may be paying you a visit to steal your gats!
Now, can you blame the newspaper when the thug takes a bullet?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hit..........

Just now on 24 TV,

Gun owners take aim at 24 news !

then they run a voice mail sent to them.

You guys are a piece of Shit. you can just F7*( off.

just run on TV NBC.  so they are trying to show gun owners as
bad mouthing sons of bitchs right now.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Like shooting fish in a bucket.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes
13%  

No
87%  

some papers did the same thing awhile back in NC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
NBC 24
300 South Byrne Rd.
Toledo, OH 43615
(419) 535 - 0024
Fax (News):           (419) 535-8936
      (Sales):           (419)  535-8946
(Business Office):  (419) 535-0202
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Should you be able to find out who has an Ohio permit to carry a concealed weapon?
Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far.

Yes 13%  
No 87%  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Freedom Of Information!!!

You are pissed for all the wrong reasons.

You should be pissed because they make you register to get a permit. If you register, then the information should be freely available.

The law says there has to be "an interest of the public good" for that disclosure to be made.  I live here, don't lecture me on how the law works.

I am so fucking pissed I cannot see straight.

Easy there tiger. Gov agencies have an obligation to provide public information. If you dont like it then dont register. Would you be just as upset upset if they published your info obtained frrom your DL or county assor? Its NO different.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Poll hit... these kind of people make me sick...literally.

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
 --  George Bernard Shaw

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#17]
HIT

Should you be able to find out who has an Ohio permit to carry a concealed weapon?
Yes
13%
No
87%
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Done!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Poll hit... these kind of people make me sick...literally.

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
 --  George Bernard Shaw

A BIG  +1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Done!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Three things:

1. 12% yes, 88% no.  Everytime I hit the back button it said vote - so I kept voting

2. What are they doing issuing to someone who hasn't been born yet: "F**d, F***d M 7/8/2029"???

3. 1776 - It is a LOT different .

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont know, they can claim its a matter of public record or public interest all they want, but when someone is victimized using thier personal info that they provided, I do believe that makes them liable. I dont know how you could prove it, but since that shit works both ways, I say publish the names of thier family members, addresses, and anything else you can and put the pressure back on them. Fuck them all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#23]
OUTRAGEOUS!
Call in the heavy weapons: LAWYERS!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]
That is fucked up if i want someone to know if I have a CCW then I will tell them, if I don't want someone to know then I won't tell them and I don't advertise.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Yes
12%
No
88%
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes
12%
No
88%
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I dont know, they can claim its a matter of public record or public interest all they want, but when someone is victimized using thier personal info that they provided, I do believe that makes them liable. I dont know how you could prove it, but since that shit works both ways, I say publish the names of thier family members, addresses, and anything else you can and put the pressure back on them. Fuck them all.

Ever seen a phone book?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Done
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ever seen a phone book?

ever see somebody wearing a yellow star on their clothes?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#31]
hit it

archer2
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever seen a phone book?

You can opt out of the phone book.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#33]
i hope i win the elmo tickets!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever seen a phone book?

You cant opt out of the county tax assor records. Even MORE info is provided there. Some counties even have it online freely available to EVERYONE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Done.

Plus, I called those fucks and asked them to include me in their published information, even though I don't live in Ohio, so that I can be included in the impending class action suit. Bastards.

I hope you Ohioans sue the snot out of these turds. And please PUHLEASE get the home phone numbers, addresses, etc, of these turds and publish the data. We have a right to know...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#36]
No 88%
Yes 12%
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:03:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Done.

Plus, I called those fucks and asked them to include me in their published information, even though I don't live in Ohio, so that I can be included in the impending class action suit. Bastards.

I hope you Ohioans sue the snot out of these turds. And please PUHLEASE get the home phone numbers, addresses, etc, of these turds and publish the data. We have a right to know...

Well. just in case anyone is interested:

NBC 24
300 South Byrne Rd.
Toledo, OH 43615
(419) 535 - 0024

Fax (News):           (419) 535-8936
      (Sales):           (419)  535-8946
(Business Office):  (419) 535-0202

For all news related items, please email [email protected].

Owned by: Raycom Media...

Contact Raycom Media
Raycom Media
RSA Tower, 20th Floor
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
voice (334) 206-1400
fax (334) 206-1555
[email protected]

More intel as I get it.... PLEASE be nice. And no attachments please :)

P.S. Seeing our #'s in at LEAST the low 90's would be nice :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Here's the email I just sent those asshats:

"So you published the list of permit holders. You just don't get it, do you? What exactly were you trying to accomplish? It is obvious you didn't reflect on the consequenses of your actions. Let me enlighten you. You published the names of households where criminals can now STEAL a firearm.  This was extremely irresponsible on your part. If one of these law abiding homeowners is injured or killed by a criminal looking for a gun to steal that persons blood will be on your hands. You have let down the community you supposedly serve. "

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#39]
That's fucking wrong to publish that info. Complete bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#40]

Yes
12%  

No
88%  

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#41]
I sent the following e-mail to CH 24:

Your publishing of this info on your website, www.nbc24.com/Global/story.asp?S=2274830&nav=1aI4QhN0, is WRONG on so many levels.

Many people would like to remain anonymous when carrying so as not to frighten friends and neighbors.  Many who obtain permits do not even carry, they are just exercising their rights.  Many obtain the permit hoping to bump up the statistics so as to make the average criminal think twice about robbing somebody, robbing a convenient store, carjacking, etc.  A better story is to publish the "x% of the population has CCW permits".  Put the criminal on the defense, not the law abiding, legal CCW holder.

Your publishing of names may just very well have put these people in jeopardy.  A person deciding to rob a house, may first check your list and decide if deadlier force is needed.

Along with others, we will begin a boycott of your news station, a boycott of your advertisers, and we are already looking at a civil case.

The liberal, anti-gun bias, of the left wing media has got to stop.  Spend time attacking the lawyers who get criminals off with plea bargaining and technicalities.  Ask why laws are not ENFORCED.  I did not say TOUGHER.  We have enough laws to choke a horse, but we do not enforce them.

As stated in your article, all of the CCW permit holders went through a thorough background check.  You have to list all of your addresses back to 18 years of age and you are investigated.  If you receive your CCW permit, you have passed this check, and passed the required classroom and shooting skills testing.  We deserve better than this.

Shame on you.  Damn you.  I hope you reap what you have sown, and I will be assisting with that.  You have fired up many law abiding gun owners.

WacoTaylor

send to :  [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:55:32 AM EDT
[#42]
well stated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone recieved a reply?  They still have the names listed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Has anyone recieved a reply?  They still have the names listed.

Yep they still have them listed.
www.nbc24.com/Global/story.asp?S=2274830&nav=1aI4QhN0

Mother fuckers
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#46]
This is all that's there, must not be going the way they wanted...

A Major League Baseball player threw a chair into the stands and hit a fan Tue. night. How should the player be punished?

One Year Suspension
Banned from Baseball
Fined $1 Million
No Punishment

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Who is in their management team there.  If they are home owners, you can look up their property, how much they paid for their property, etc.

We should post that .  Since it's public info too.  Freeking asshats.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You guys are wasting your time writing letters to the editor.

Instead, I suggest you start a boycott of their advertisers.

This is done all the time, I cannot believe some of you acting like this has never happened before.

I guess now you understand why some of us are so upset about even the possibility of gun registration.
Virginia does not have registration.....thank God.

What they have done is totally legal, unethical and just plain wrong but TOTALLY legal AND well within THEIR rights to do. Get over it, you're fighting the wrong fight. Another of the enemy's diversion tactics to get you off the real battle.

You need to fight state laws that require you to obtain a permit for something the Constitution of the United States of America already "permits" you to do.

You need to e-mail, phone and write the advertisers and tell them you will not be supporting any company that supports such behavior then actually follow through.

You need to vote out state Senators who propose such laws, judges etc anybody who is not a rabid supporter of the 2 nd is your enemy. VOTE THEM OUT.

Never give up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ever seen a phone book?

Yes you can but where I live it cost's you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#50]
MAKE THEM List all of the People who Don't Have one as well as their DOB. That should give them time to fuck over some more people.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top